Metal Storm logo
Anti Islamic Black Metal

13.07.2012 - 15:37
The Turbanator
There are not many bands that have this theme in their music. Came across a few interesting one.

One is Seeds Of Iblis. Vocalist is a female :

Another one is Janaza :

and the last one is Ayat (2 members from Lebanon) :

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
13.07.2012 - 15:39
The Turbanator
I have read two articles about the bands (especially Seeds Of Iblis) and are very interesting read. I want to know more bands like this and if you have any recommendation, you can post it here.

I highly recommend you to read these two articles (even if you're not a BM listener) :

http://heathenharvest.org/2012/02/26/islamic-dissent-an-interview-with-janaza/

and

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/07/when-black-metals-anti-religious-message-gets-turned-on-islam/259680/
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
13.07.2012 - 15:48
Oaken
Hipster
Those stupid bands ruin our scene Bands like these are the reason that metal will never prosper in islamic countries.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
13.07.2012 - 15:50
The Turbanator
Written by Oaken on 13.07.2012 at 15:48

Those stupid bands ruin our scene Bands like these are the reason that metal will never prosper in islamic countries.

What you mean?
----
13.07.2012 - 15:58
Oaken
Hipster
Written by The Turbanator on 13.07.2012 at 15:50

What you mean?

Ever since metal bands started in Arabic and Islamic country, society was always very suspicious of them. Metal in Islamic countries is simply known as the "devil's music", which is clearly wrong. When a band like Ayat comes and makes anti-religious metal, governments, societies and religious leaderships begin a "crusade" against metal as a whole, not recognizing that there's satanic metal and non satanic metal, and thus destroy the whole scene. I dunno if Ayat and their likes are doing it to look badass or if they really believe in it, but they're destroying the metal scene in Arab countries.
BTW if you're interested in some good Arabic metal (non satanic), check out www.jorzine.com. Everything you need to know about Arabic metal.
----
13.07.2012 - 16:05
The Turbanator
Written by Oaken on 13.07.2012 at 15:58

What you mean?

Ever since metal bands started in Arabic and Islamic country, society was always very suspicious of them. Metal in Islamic countries is simply known as the "devil's music", which is clearly wrong. When a band like Ayat comes and makes anti-religious metal, governments, societies and religious leaderships begin a "crusade" against metal as a whole, not recognizing that there's satanic metal and non satanic metal, and thus destroy the whole scene. I dunno if Ayat and their likes are doing it to look badass or if they really believe in it, but they're destroying the metal scene in Arab countries.
BTW if you're interested in some good Arabic metal (non satanic), check out www.jorzine.com. Everything you need to know about Arabic metal.

I disagree. Ayat and the other bands I mentioned above have reasons to do it. Read the two articles I posted. They're not destroying music. None of them have came out publicly to announce that they're in an anti-Islamic band. They actually have passion in what they do. I don't see them destroying the metal scene in Arab countries.

You have a point but it's wrong to put the blame on the bands just because what they are passionate about are actually against what religion/government order. I mean it's not like they're beheading or stoning someone in public or something, they're actually going against it.

Thanks for the link. I'm checking it out.
----
13.07.2012 - 16:34
axelx666

What you mean?

i can understand what you are getting at. one of my favorite arabic bands is accrassicauida (did i spell that right?). after watching the doc "heavy metal in baghdad* believe me i can totally understand what you are getting at.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
13.07.2012 - 17:09
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

What you mean?

Look, you can't get it over with the banter conclusion that people often trying to get away/evade from that but still they're trapped in. I suppose Metal can't even exist where Islam's boundaries are strongly crotches in. C'mon, women's covered in black cloth from top to down can resist some "bunch of over-hyped Muslim guys" playing Metal in their streets? Or jotting down an anti-envious strong lyrics against the people,religion, clothes, beliefs, perceptions slamming everything will prove that we're stronger than what these fucking people think. You know, in Islamic countries, where rules are pretty hard or consequences are severe, music like Metal can't be executed. They can have a infatuated Metal fans, but can't prevail it for a longer period.
13.07.2012 - 17:27
axelx666
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.07.2012 at 17:09

Look, you can't get it over with the banter conclusion that people often trying to get away/evade from that but still they're trapped in. I suppose Metal can't even exist where Islam's boundaries are strongly crotches in. C'mon, women's covered in black cloth from top to down can resist some "bunch of over-hyped Muslim guys" playing Metal in their streets? Or jotting down an anti-envious strong lyrics against the people,religion, clothes, beliefs, perceptions slamming everything will prove that we're stronger than what these fucking people think. You know, in Islamic countries, where rules are pretty hard or consequences are severe, music like Metal can't be executed. They can have a infatuated Metal fans, but can't prevail it for a longer period.

look i know it sounds cheesy but "metal exists where darkness exists" metal was created to expoit that feeling, the feeling of being trapped. that's why that place is the best for it. do you not agree? if you need me to expound upon the subject, i will.

i mean look at other genres like punk-rock, they exist because of rebellion. (islam punk rock is bomb btw)
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
13.07.2012 - 17:36
Oaken
Hipster
Written by The Turbanator on 13.07.2012 at 16:05

I disagree. Ayat and the other bands I mentioned above have reasons to do it. Read the two articles I posted. They're not destroying music. None of them have came out publicly to announce that they're in an anti-Islamic band. They actually have passion in what they do. I don't see them destroying the metal scene in Arab countries.

You have a point but it's wrong to put the blame on the bands just because what they are passionate about are actually against what religion/government order. I mean it's not like they're beheading or stoning someone in public or something, they're actually going against it.

Thanks for the link. I'm checking it out.

I agree that they can write whatever they want, and from your articles, I can concur that they really have the passion in hating religion. IMO, as an open-minded Arab, they can sing about anything they want. But my point is that the solution is in their hands. You can't change the whole of society to make it accept metal, but you can limit the "craze"(the way society thinks of metal) to make them appreciate it a little more. Metal is terribly misunderstood here, and we had better show people it's real face. Until Arab people learn to respect each others' opinions and beliefs (Which IMO is impossible), metal will stay underground, obscure and hated. If you lived in an Arab country, you would have realized how taboo it is to write satanic music. Religion is very thought highly of here, which has nothing wrong except that it turns into fanaticism. Personally, if I would hear of a satanic band in my city, I would say they can do whatever they want. I won't give a single fuck at them. However, the religious folk will go mad and want to behead those satanists. That's sheer stupidity and retardation. So as a conclusion: those bands are fulfilling their passions in a way that's hurting the scene, even though they don't actually want to...
BTW I think that Ayat are image-oriented, but I don't know about the other bands you mentioned...
http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/interview.php?interview_id=505&page=&message_id=
Filthy fuck seems very pretentious.
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.07.2012 at 17:09

I don't understand what you mean
----
13.07.2012 - 18:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Oaken on 13.07.2012 at 17:36

You are not alone there buddy.

Now back on topic... To me these bands aren't more or less "harmful" that regular anti-christian metal... or any anti-[insert religion here], both get loads of hate by religious groups. Nothing special about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.07.2012 - 18:47
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.07.2012 at 18:45

You are not alone there buddy.

Now back on topic... To me these bands aren't more or less "harmful" that regular anti-christian metal... or any anti-[insert religion here], both get loads of hate by religious groups. Nothing special about it.

I agree except that anti-islamic bands really get themselves into danger of persecution with what they do, not only from religious groups, but also from the entire society, because it is mainly religious. Trust me. That's how it goes in here.
----
13.07.2012 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Oaken on 13.07.2012 at 18:47
I agree except that anti-islamic bands really get themselves into danger of persecution with what they do, not only from religious groups, but also from the entire society, because it is mainly religious. Trust me. That's how it goes in here.

Oh I know that... It's their choice though. You have to be very brave (and maybe a tad innocent) to do that without worries. I sort of admire them because of that.
----
Rod, let me love you.
13.07.2012 - 18:52
Oaken
Hipster
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.07.2012 at 18:49

Oh I know that... It's their choice though. You have to be very brave (and maybe a tad innocent) to do that without worries. I sort of admire them because of that.

You should only admire the ones who believe in what they do. Not the pretentious ones like Ayat.
----
13.07.2012 - 18:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Oaken on 13.07.2012 at 18:52

You should only admire the ones who believe in what they do. Not the pretentious ones like Ayat.

Unless you know them personally, your guess it's as good as mine. Nevertheless like I said before: I barely care for religious or anti-religious bands. I just find it cool that some bands apparently don't give a dead rat's ass if the whole society is against them... Pretentious or not, it's still hella risky, which is the main point I'm getting at. Let those bands do whatever they want, it's their ass on the fire, not yours.
----
Rod, let me love you.
13.07.2012 - 19:04
The Turbanator
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.07.2012 at 18:49

Yes. My sentiments exactly.
----
13.07.2012 - 19:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 13.07.2012 at 19:04

Yeah... and like I just pointed out.... Pretentious or not they are still risking their necks to some extent so my opinion doesn't really change that much.
----
Rod, let me love you.
13.07.2012 - 19:13
The Turbanator
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.07.2012 at 19:06

Written by The Turbanator on 13.07.2012 at 19:04

Yeah... and like I just pointed out.... Pretentious or not they are still risking their necks to some extent so my opinion doesn't really change that much.

Ayat's interview doesn't seem so pretentious to me. I've read worse. I can see where he's coming from. The band has been anti Islamic BM for the past 11 years in a country where majority is Muslim.I mean Oaken, no offence, but when you say that you know how it feels, you actually don't. Because you're not in an anti-Islamic band in a strict Islamic country. They are.

They don't have to make music to please the public. Janaza (Seeds of Iblis vocalist) said that her family was killed by a Muslim suicide bomber, and that is what prompted her to be a black metal vocalist (she was in a thrash band before that). The anger, the hatred is immeasurable for any of us, because we are not in their shoes.

For them to do this in those country, I respect them a lot.
----
13.07.2012 - 19:20

Ever since metal bands started in Arabic and Islamic country, society was always very suspicious of them. Metal in Islamic countries is simply known as the "devil's music", which is clearly wrong.

I have to disagree with you. Metal is the "devils music", at least in a metaphorical way. Metal always was and probably always will be a genre of music that fights boundaries created by religion and the system, so to me it makes sense that anti-islamic bands are raising up in oppressive regimes.

When a band like Ayat comes and makes anti-religious metal, governments, societies and religious leaderships begin a "crusade" against metal as a whole, not recognizing that there's satanic metal and non satanic metal, and thus destroy the whole scene.

First of all, being anti-Islam doesn't mean being Satanic. Well, I'm sure that most non-secular Arabic governments do consider everything that goes against Islam to be Satanic, now that I think...but still, not the same thing. Secondly, you shouldn't even bash bands like Ayat as being something terrible in the Arabic metal scene. Metal and freedom of speech are intrinsic. I honestly take my hat off to bands like Ayat who have the courage to stand up and express what they feel, especially when we all know that bands in the Middle-East can be persecuted or even suffer capital punishments for having deviant views. This is something admirable, not something that should be seen as a "black sheep" in the Middle-East Metal scene.
----
"All is worthwhile if the soul is not small" Fernando Pessoa
13.07.2012 - 22:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Takes a lot more balls to rip on Islam than Christianity. especially if in an Islamic theocracy.

given the control that religion (or those that claim to represent it) exert, it is also in far more need of having powerful musical detractors.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.07.2012 - 22:35
Slayer666
^
What you guys said. The possibility of legal prosecution (or worse) for anti-Islamic bands sure beats the occasional frown and maybe some media smearing anti-Christian bands get.
13.07.2012 - 22:46
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 13.07.2012 at 22:35

(or worse)

excution on sight, baby, by anyone, with impunity.
14.07.2012 - 01:33
GANG METALSTORM
Dangerous as hell like being tortured, hang, persecuted for anti-Islam in Islamic countries, even far to the point riskier than like anti-communism in my country.
14.07.2012 - 07:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

You just need a bunch of pro-Islam black metal bands to act as a counter balance.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.07.2012 - 15:03
Oaken
Hipster
Written by M C Vice on 14.07.2012 at 07:37

You just need a bunch of pro-Islam black metal bands to act as a counter balance.

Islam =/= metal. They're fully contradicting IMO, but I guess it is more possible to make religious prog/power/heavy metal bands than extreme metal, which usually boasts of rebellion.
----
14.07.2012 - 18:24
mz
I'm not familiar with any of mentioned band so I can't judge them based on the details of their believes but trust me, a satanic metal band would be the worst thing that could happen for the metal scene in middle east. As oaken said, these bands produce hate toward the metal music in general. The government does need this kind of bands to fully put restriction on metal fans here in Iran. Now, every word containing "metal" is forbidden and filtered in internet. A simple metal band T shirt can be the reason to be arrested. Beside that, I personally don't think that childish satanic bands would help people to reconsider their religion and leave that. I respect those artist that have had some intelligent and thoughtful critics about religious but satanic black metal bands don't seem to be able to do that.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
14.07.2012 - 20:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anti silamic BM means anti religiuss same like anti christianity and same way it can be count us satanistic BM only for muslims, dunno many anti islam bands actualy non but there one BM well actualy 2 one is ''white'' aka ''christian '' BM what is 0.01% and rest is anti reliogion, pagan, satanic whatever thay lyrics are since extreme satanistic lyrics also is maybe 5% so one generaly its same think in Islam world
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2012 - 21:23
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Oaken on 14.07.2012 at 15:03

Written by M C Vice on 14.07.2012 at 07:37

Islam =/= metal. They're fully contradicting IMO, but I guess it is more possible to make religious prog/power/heavy metal bands than extreme metal, which usually boasts of rebellion.

Really ?! the lyrical theme in Crescent Moon is mostly Islamic Mythology, the way our religion views death and the afterlife is pretty Epic if you ask me. I also know a couple of other bands that get their inspiration from Islamic related stuff.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
14.07.2012 - 21:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I don't see why there can't be islamic metal bands. Not contradicting at all.
----
Rod, let me love you.
14.07.2012 - 22:53
mz
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.07.2012 at 21:44

I don't see why there can't be islamic metal bands. Not contradicting at all.

There can be islamic metal music. Islamic texts have good a potential to be used as the lyrical content especially in the case of armageddon and doomsday. I even remember reading a black metal lyric from a western band that was directly adopted from islamic holy texts but It's the public culture here that consider the whole metal music as satanic and anti-islam stuff.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.