Metal Storm logo
Albums that seriously need a re-release?

07.12.2006 - 05:55
Mega-Slayer
Are there albums you really want to hear,but cant find or afford to get them?What albums would you like to see re-issued?You think the arists would want to give their albums a second chance,but it must be to much cash.There are plenty of albums I want and have heard that should be made available to the metal community and others,once again:

"Sabbat-Dreamweaver",cant find any samples or anything,and it is rather spendy.

"Hexenhaus-A Tribute To Insanity"It has been said that finding this is like winning the lottery,its currently on ebay,and already at $42.

"Deathrow-Raging Steel"I have read they were classic german thrash,but cant find shit.

"Master-On The Seventh Day God Created...Master"I am really curious to hear this,Paul Masdival played guitar on it,and John Tardy did some backing vocals.

"Brutality-Screams Of Anguish"stated that it is classic technical death,and I wish I could find out.

"Nocturnus-Thresholds"Finally got my hands on "The Key",and this is even more rare.

"Monstrosity-Imperial Doom"I now am proud to say I own it,won it last week form germany,but it really needs to be available to the death metal community,I haven't even heard all of the tracks yet.

"Ripping Corpse-Dreaming With The Dead"I have heard most of this,lots of cool riffs and obscure horror filled lyrics,Erik Rutan's first band,you think he would've released again.

I would also like to see Demolition Hammer,Ressurection,Incubus,Iron Angel,Slaughter(canada),Mortal Sin and many more.Anyone else want to add to the list?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
07.12.2006 - 06:38
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Demilich - Nespithe...man, i've been looking for this cd for fucking forever! i've only heard one song off of it because a fellow headbanger was cool enough to play it really loud from his car stereo.

I definitely agree with you, Mega-Slayer, on the Imperial Doom, that's another one that I check for just about every month at the record store.

And Slumber of Sullen Eyes by Demigod needs to be re-released. I've heard it. It rules. I want it.
23.04.2007 - 00:32
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I would also like the Nocturnus rereleases, as I'm not into spending 20 pounds on used records via Ebay, I've only heard one Nocturnus song, but it was very cool.
23.04.2007 - 00:49
Darktonny
Account deleted
I think "...And Justice for All" by Metallica needs a re-release or a re-record because its original production was really poor, you know, no bass, bad sound, etc, and it is really bad because it was a real masterpiece.
23.04.2007 - 01:48
Bitch Boy
Written by [user id=23358] on 23.04.2007 at 00:49

I think "...And Justice for All" by Metallica needs a re-release or a re-record because its original production was really poor, you know, no bass, bad sound, etc, and it is really bad because it was a real masterpiece.

I fully agree with this, the album has very poor quality but it has some of the greatest Metallica songs.
23.04.2007 - 03:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They probably wouldn't re-release the whole album...maybe in the future, they'll feature touched up songs from that album on the end of future albums...
23.04.2007 - 08:15
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Some awesome release :

Demilich : Nespithe .... Brilliant fking brilliant
Suffocation : Breeding the Spawn , amazing album with stupid studio recording.

cant remember anymore now ....
23.04.2007 - 14:36
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by [user id=23358] on 23.04.2007 at 00:49

It's been reissued with bass guitar added. I don't know where you can get a copy of the new version but it is quite different.

A few off the top of my head:

-Sacramentary Abolishment - The distracting stone: The first album was reissued last year but this one is hard to get. It could probably do with being re-recorded as well. The first album is quite bassy and doomy but this is very raw and trebley. The greatness of the songs shows through though.

-Rites of thy Degringolade- Thy Carytid: NWN! are supposed to be reissuing this on vinyl.

-Bone Awl - Magnetism of War/Bog Bodies: Ildjarnish punkish black metal. This sold out too quickly

-Thergothon - Fhtagn-Nagh Yog-Sothoth: A lot heavier and doomy than the full-length album. Though it has been reissued recently on vinyl.

-Warcollapse - Crust As Fuck Existence: Been looking for this for ages but it never appears on ebay (though the rest of their releases are on there quite frequently). Slow, doomy crust.

-Cremation (Can) - anything: It's really strange that none of these demo's have been reissued ever. Fairly well known band. A lot of demand for these.

-As I Lay Dying (post- Visceral Evisceration project) - 1995 demo. it's not going to be reissued because it's not well known enough but these 3 songs are really good and the original tape is a nightmare to find.

and the first 2 akitsa albums. Hospital Productions should be reissuing them at some point in the near future.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.04.2007 - 14:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Amon Amarth should re-release Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds, I'm dying to hear it! Also I'd love to own Cold Lake by Celtic Frost. I've heard it once and it is awful but my Celtic Frost collection won't be complete without it. And yes, the sound quality of ...and Justice for All sure is poor.
----
23.04.2007 - 15:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
if the "no life till leather" metallica demo had a few polishes here and there, it would surely be a lot better, and the same goes for black sabbath's first 2 albums(though i think they may have re-released them or something). the sound quality is just apalling(they did it on a 8-track recorder-though i read once somewhere that they actually used 4-tracks for their older necro-as-shit demos, while modern ones use 32 or even more)
23.04.2007 - 16:24
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
The sound quality on the first 2 sabbath albums is fine. I can't see what's not to like about it.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.04.2007 - 18:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
I would like to hear re-release of Heaven And Hell... I am not saying that sound quality is bad just that I am interesting how would that album sound with influence of modern recording technology...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.04.2007 - 18:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Demilich - Nesphyte. Just so that I can buy one.

Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death. I still hope this album once gets the fame it deserves. A re-release would help in that process.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.04.2007 - 19:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 23.04.2007 at 16:24

The sound quality on the first 2 sabbath albums is fine. I can't see what's not to like about it.

dude, when the bass can't be heard because of the background fuzz and can only be heard when you just crank it up, then you have a sound quality problem(that situation is present on my mp3 files of "black sabbath" and "paranoid")
24.04.2007 - 01:06
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Ministry - Land Of Rape And Honey
Long out of print, this is a crucial album for music history, basically:) It really needs to be remastered and re-released.
24.04.2007 - 02:52
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Opera IX - The Call Of The Wood

This is a great experimental album by the band, and is poorly produced, especially with volume levels and the music doesnt seem to blend in, like the drums are soft the vocals loud. I think people will accept this album more if it sounded more powerful and not weak.
24.04.2007 - 12:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mega-Slayer on 07.12.2006 at 05:55

Are there albums you really want to hear,but cant find or afford to get them?What albums would you like to see re-issued?You think the arists would want to give their albums a second chance,but it must be to much cash.There are plenty of albums I want and have heard that should be made available to the metal community and others,once again:

"Sabbat-Dreamweaver",cant find any samples or anything,and it is rather spendy.

Well, this one has been re-released with bonus tracks about one - two months ago. History Of A Time To Come has also been re-released at the same time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.04.2007 - 18:41
Mega-Slayer
^^^ thanks for the info Marcel,I wrote this list along time ago.Since then I have acquired "Screams Of Anguish","On The 7th Day","Imperial Doom" and "Dreamweaver,all are spectacular albums.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
24.04.2007 - 20:59
RavenLord
And Justice For All seriously needs remastering. The complete lack of any bass and most of the bass in the guitars/drums holds this album back. On a similar note, Dark Tranquillity's Skydancer and Tristania's Widow's Weeds are both great debuts, but suffer from poor production and (more specifically), weak guitar tones.

Also, some of the older Amon Amarth albums could do with a bit of a remastering. Once Sent From The Golden Hall with the Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds EP...
----
24.04.2007 - 23:48
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I am definetely in the minority here, but I like AJFA's sound, it's kind of interesting, anyway the only Mysticum album should be rereleased, because it isn't even easy to find it on ebay, and i'd really like to hear it, but am not into downloading music.
25.04.2007 - 01:14
Revenant
Account deleted
Therion - Theli, with proper instruments and better production.
25.04.2007 - 01:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I want to hear the entire Black Metal & Welcome To Hell albums re-recorded, theres alot of songs I imagine would be awesomely heavy if they had better recording quality.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.05.2007 - 14:52
A.J Thunder
Woods of Ypres-Pursuit of the sun and the allure of the ede (or whatever it was)

That album is so amazing, one of the best i have ever heard IMO wery wery few bands can capture the feeling of nature in their music like WoY does, just brilliant!

And its sold out! I have never seen any WoY album here in Finland so it would be cool if this one was to be re-released and sold somewhere in Europe of preferly in Finland.
23.05.2007 - 15:18
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by A.J Thunder on 23.05.2007 at 14:52

Woods of Ypres-Pursuit of the sun and the allure of the ede (or whatever it was)

That album is so amazing, one of the best i have ever heard IMO wery wery few bands can capture the feeling of nature in their music like WoY does, just brilliant!

And its sold out! I have never seen any WoY album here in Finland so it would be cool if this one was to be re-released and sold somewhere in Europe of preferly in Finland.

I was going to write that

I have been looking for a copy for a while now and can't find one anywhere either.

So that's two copies they would sell if the re-released it .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
24.05.2007 - 11:53
A.J Thunder
Yeah, and i hope their 3rd album will be somewhat easy to get hands on.
24.05.2007 - 14:34
Hyvaarin
I don't know if it's just my city, but Bathory's Blood On Ice is almost impossible to find. Re-release would be pretty gnarly.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
24.05.2007 - 20:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I think there is one?? I own one with German & English lyrics in it. It has a pretty extensive booklet, but that is partually due to the fact everything is in two languages.

Don't know how you are with interbet-shopping, but here is one store that has it. Just goes as an example.

[url]www.dis-order.com[/url]

(Not really sure if I got it from that store, I don't remember. But if you're interested, just mail them.)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.05.2007 - 21:27
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Warman on 23.04.2007 at 14:53

And yes, the sound quality of ...and Justice for All sure is poor.

It is supposed to be that way. The Early Thrash Metal movement was based upon Lo-Fi recordings. That was what set it apart from the Hi-Fi of Heavy Metal, Glam Metal, Pop Metal and early Prog Metal. Lo-Fi is a characteristic of early Thrash, as well as Norwegian Black, American Death, and several other forms of Metal. Whereas Hi-Fi is kind of a given for genres such as Progressive, Power or Pop Metal.
----
(space for rent)
25.05.2007 - 09:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dane Train on 24.05.2007 at 21:27

Written by Warman on 23.04.2007 at 14:53

And yes, the sound quality of ...and Justice for All sure is poor.

It is supposed to be that way. The Early Thrash Metal movement was based upon Lo-Fi recordings. That was what set it apart from the Hi-Fi of Heavy Metal, Glam Metal, Pop Metal and early Prog Metal. Lo-Fi is a characteristic of early Thrash, as well as Norwegian Black, American Death, and several other forms of Metal. Whereas Hi-Fi is kind of a given for genres such as Progressive, Power or Pop Metal.

But Justice's sound is way poorer than that of Master and Ride the Lightning and to a certain extent Kill 'em All. I think what he means is that there is totally no bass audible on Justice. Even on Lo-fi recordings bass was always audible.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.05.2007 - 03:41
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Death's Spiritual Healing. Just so it's in-stock again.