Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Continue Work On New Album, To Release Live Albums On CD

After a 3D movie called Metallica Through The Never, a new Guinness World Record from last year for being the first band to play all seven continents in one year, it's maybe finally time for Metallica to finish that new record as well. Six years have passed since they released the latest full-length album Death Magnetic. At the beginning of this year, Metallica confirmed that they should to start working on new album this year. In a recent interview, bassist Robert Trujillo says work continues on the follow-up to Death Magnetic.

He added that the band will get together this month to continue work on their 10th album and to begin fleshing out tracks they've been working on. Here's what he tells Lucas H Gordon's YouTube channel: "We've been writing for a couple of years. We had a 3D movie called Through The Never, so that detoured us along with a couple of other things. But mid-September, we're going to get back to the drawing board and continue to jam and write and prepare new music for the universe." The band is hopeful of releasing their new album next year.

The new song called "Lords Of Summer" is still available for streaming.

In other Metallica news, the band will be making every show they performed in 2014 available for purchase in CD format. Additionally, four shows will be pressed to 180-gram vinyl, based on fan voting.

Here is the message from the band: "We've been extremely proud to offer virtually every show we've done in the past ten years as a download within days of the shows happening... sometimes even hours! Over the years we've been able to offer more download options adding HD audio and Apple lossless files to the mix, but we still get requests for the 'old school' compact disc. To celebrate ten years of Live Metallica, we're going to make that happen! Starting today through the end of this year, every show that we've played in 2014 will be released on CD! All shows with the exception of the MAP Benefit concert and Glastonbury are from the By Request tour with songs that you voted on... each night on the tour presented a different set list.

"We want to keep it simple so we'll go in order of when the shows were played starting with Bogotá, Colombia, Quito, Ecuador and Lima, Peru from the March South American run. Next week the next three shows will be available and so on, rolling out three shows at a time on Mondays. For those of you who want it all, we're also giving you a chance to pre-order a box set with all 27 shows included, which will ship in December. There's that special concept of a volume discount and you'll have a box to store all your CD's in. CD's will be priced at the very clever price of $19.81 a pop with the box set at $417.00 (spot the savings!) and you can place your orders at either http://www.livemetallica.com or in the Met Store.

"And for you vinyl junkies, select shows will be released on limited edition 180-gram vinyl early next year. And once again, we here at your friendly Metallica HQ want your input as to which shows you would like to see on vinyl... YOU choose from the 27 shows we've played this year by voting for your favs here. We'll take the top four that receive the most votes and press them up for you to order in early 2015. Voting will close on September 26. Let us know what you think and look for many more releases and some cool box sets in the New Year!"

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 17.09.2014 by MrClansman1

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 210 users
17.09.2014 - 18:46
Zap
That new song sounds even worse than the song they played live a couple of years before Death Magnetic came out.

Found it:
17.09.2014 - 18:56
Opethian
Its all about album sales to them. They traded in Thrash Metal for a bigger Payout yeeeaaars ago. The same can be said for Slayer as well. Although with a new line up their new album just might be half way decent (That's if Kerry King doesn't ruin it by being Kerry King) .... (Fuck Him)
17.09.2014 - 19:02
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Zap on 17.09.2014 at 18:46

That new song sounds even worse than the song they played live a couple of years before Death Magnetic came out.

Death Is Not The End, if I remember correctly, is a mix of End Of The Line and All Nightmare Long. Honestly I preferred that live demo version over studio tracks. It is way better than Lords Of Summer but they also had 'other new song' which fortunately was abandoned because it was really bad.
17.09.2014 - 19:15
Zap
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.09.2014 at 19:02

Death Is Not The End, if I remember correctly, is a mix of End Of The Line and All Nightmare Long. Honestly I preferred that live demo version over studio tracks. It is way better than Lords Of Summer but they also had 'other new song' which fortunately was abandoned because it was really bad.

It has riffs of both songs, but the main verse and chorus didn't make it to Death Magnetic. Fortunately.
Agreed about that the other new song, that was even worse than Lords Of Summer.
17.09.2014 - 19:38
Machiavelli
Account deleted
See, kids? This is what happens when you become a big rock star with $millions... you get a plastic wife, move into 1% neighborhoods, shop at luxury malls, and write boring music with banal lyrics since you have no inspiration... the fanboys will lick it up despite being fresh dogshit on hot pavement.
17.09.2014 - 20:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by [user id=132675] on 17.09.2014 at 19:38

See, kids? This is what happens when you become a big rock star with $millions... you get a plastic wife, move into 1% neighborhoods, shop at luxury malls, and write boring music with banal lyrics since you have no inspiration... the fanboys will lick it up despite being fresh dogshit on hot pavement.

Not many things are more true than this
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.09.2014 - 20:39
Deathmaster
19.98 for the freaking live albums seems like kind of a cash grab. With that said DM kicks ass, aside from the shitty production. Beyond Magnetic was even better and actually had proper production. I am excited for the new album I think it's gonna be sick. Of course jaded bitter Fanboys will always be bitching about the new material whilst simultaneously worshiping the old albums. My two cents is all the people TAKING THE TIME to bitch about new Metallica should just change their manpon already and just listen to something else if they don't like the new stuff. Just get over it dudes!
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
17.09.2014 - 20:55
Sword_Chant
One word, $$$cherching$$$ lol. (You can also see it in Hetfield's eyes).
17.09.2014 - 21:25
OtherDoor
Their PR interviews are always so terrible.
"We had a 3D movie called Through The Never, so that detoured us along with a couple of other things." Crazy story m8.
17.09.2014 - 23:08
Lord_Agony
Give me that which I desire. Oh wait, last time you gave me "I am the table".
I like the fact that they say this is their 10th album. When the truth is Lulu was their 10th even though it was a "collaborative album". They're so ashamed of it they'll deny it ever happened.
18.09.2014 - 02:34
Opethian

Amen to that brother!
18.09.2014 - 02:51
Reaper_Redeemer
Lululu.
18.09.2014 - 11:44
toxx
Supreme being
This is going to suck so bad... Why don't they just stop making this new crap, and focus on touring with the material that actually works?
18.09.2014 - 13:20
MikeVonDoom
They should remaster The ...And Justice For All!
18.09.2014 - 13:44
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by MikeVonDoom on 18.09.2014 at 13:20

It is already done.
18.09.2014 - 16:27
Lord_Agony

Iron Maiden. Your argument is invalid
18.09.2014 - 17:00
MikeVonDoom
Written by Hex_Omega on 18.09.2014 at 13:44

It is already done.

Dude that's not even an official release! I've already have that but a an album edited by a fan is not exactly what I'm searching for.
18.09.2014 - 17:09
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Lord_Agony on 18.09.2014 at 16:27

Exactly

Written by MikeVonDoom on 18.09.2014 at 17:00

Written by Hex_Omega on 18.09.2014 at 13:44

It is already done.

Dude that's not even an official release! I've already have that but a an album edited by a fan is not exactly what I'm searching for.

I know that its not official but I don't care. We will probably never hear an officially remastered AJFA and honestly I think AJFA should stay the way it is right now.
18.09.2014 - 21:04
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Agony on 18.09.2014 at 16:27

I haven't liked anything from Maiden since the 80's so no my argument crushes yours.
19.09.2014 - 01:31
Rapid Fire
Written by Opethian on 17.09.2014 at 18:56

Its all about album sales to them. They traded in Thrash Metal for a bigger Payout yeeeaaars ago. The same can be said for Slayer as well. Although with a new line up their new album just might be half way decent (That's if Kerry King doesn't ruin it by being Kerry King) .... (Fuck Him)

Agree with what you say about Metallica but what you say about Slayer is ridiculous. First of all, one's evolution is quite different from each other, also I can't see what commercial-driven or cash-grabbing elements do you see in Slayer's music nowadays. Maybe you think ''Hate worldwide'' or ''Cult'' are hit singles?
Finally, I think Slayer is one of the bands which have been most loyal to their roots in metal scene. We could critizise them in terms of quality but I don't understand who is doing it in terms of musical evolution...
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
19.09.2014 - 02:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Anyone who wants to learn how to debate, just read through this thread. Brilliant display of human intellect.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.09.2014 - 16:08
Lord_Agony
Written by [user id=132675] on 18.09.2014 at 21:04

I haven't liked anything from Maiden since the 80's so no my argument crushes yours.

Your likes and dislikes are up to you, but it doesn't mean they've settled for mediocre just because they "have the money".
19.09.2014 - 16:18
Rapid Fire
Written by deadone on 19.09.2014 at 03:48

Written by Rapid Fire on 19.09.2014 at 01:31

I can't see what commercial-driven or cash-grabbing elements do you see in Slayer's music nowadays.

Slayer did embrace industrial/numetal elements in late 1990s and early 2000s to try to stay popular though (the very good DIM and terrible GHUA).

The last two albums have been regressions to the 1980s. CI was alright but WPB was not that great.

Regression to older styles is often commercial driven - "give the fans what they think they want."

First you say they introduced new elements to stay popular, but later that they went back to their old style just for the same reason... So, whatever they do, they are just trying to stay popular?

Of course I think every band in the world wants to stay popular because, as somebody said, they need to pay their bills. But while some bands are desperately searching for more money and barely mind about music and principles, there are some others who stay more loyal to their principles, and I think Slayer did, that's one of the reasons why they've always been among my very favourite bands.

Let me make clear I don't want to offend anybody (sorry if I did) nor star a war. It's just my point of view.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
19.09.2014 - 16:19
Lord_Agony

Back in the 90's when thrash metal acts went moving for more commercial styles, Slayer were among the few who didn't
And "Kerry King ruins things by being Kerry King"? bro.. seriously
20.09.2014 - 01:46
Rapid Fire
Written by Lord_Agony on 19.09.2014 at 16:19

Back in the 90's when thrash metal acts went moving for more commercial styles, Slayer were among the few who didn't
And "Kerry King ruins things by being Kerry King"? bro.. seriously

Finally somebody writing reasonably things!!!
----
20.09.2014 - 01:48
Opethian
Butt hurt fanboys to the fullest on here. I FORGOT SLAYER WAS INVINCIBLE!!! Everything they touch is GOLD ...
20.09.2014 - 16:25
Lord_Agony
Written by Opethian on 20.09.2014 at 01:48

Butt hurt fanboys to the fullest on here. I FORGOT SLAYER WAS INVINCIBLE!!! Everything they touch is GOLD ...

An Opethian who doesn't like Slayer That's something new
Opeth are not sell-outs they just think metal is boring
20.09.2014 - 17:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Why are we talking about Slayer in a Metallica thread? Unless you're comparing the two, it serves no purpose. Hate on the band or give them some love in the appropriate thread - as in not here.

EDIT: the same applies for Opeth discussion (you know who you are).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.09.2014 - 10:31
Rapid Fire
Written by Opethian on 20.09.2014 at 01:48

Just this, finally you're writing something reasonable!

Kidding aside, I respect your opinion
----
24.09.2014 - 16:38
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
One thing is certain: if every band took 6/7 years to compose/release a new album, there wouldn't be as much shitty albums as there are today.

Oh and Slayer is overrated.

Hits total: 4174 | This month: 19