Metal Storm logo
Saxon vs W.A.S.P.

Poll

Which heavy-metal band is the best out of these two?

Saxon
W.A.S.P.

Total votes: 88
21.05.2006 - 09:38
TheKreator
Account deleted
These are two of the best heavy-metal bands of all times and also two of my favourites.On one side there is Saxon with denim jackets and songs such as "Heavy metal thunder", "And the bands played on" and "Never surrender" , and on the other side there is W.A.S.P. with leather trends and songs such as "I wanna be somebody", "Blind in Texas", "Wild Child", "Animal" and so on.I like them both, but W.A.S.P. has a point in front of Saxon
21.05.2006 - 14:51
Daru Jericho
Oh man, this one was really hard. Well, firstly, I'd like to start by saying that when I was first getting into metal I loved listening to both of these bands. Secondly, Saxon were one of the pioneers of this genre and are rather spectacular, still going along today. W.A.S.P. were creative, colourful and controversial. Creative too. Led by Blackie Lawless, that metal band stormed their way through the heavy metal business with electrifying riffs and amazing vocals.

I don't think I could ever make this decision so I chose W.A.S.P. because I have been listening to them a lot more recently. I'm currently obsessed with 'Charisma'.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.05.2006 - 17:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno
Bout are great
Saxon - In begining thay play NWOBHM and realised all bether songs
Straners In The night, Weals Of Steel, Denim & Leather, Beack On The Streets, and in 90ties when thay play heavy metal thay wasnt so popular only song are Dogs Of War and its my fav of them also Denim & Leather but I think Saxon are great band and all albums are great, but I dont hawe all

WASP I love "Dying For The World" its my fav album of them, also I had "Animal" and "The Headless Childrenn" they are great but not all albums, somne songs, but Dyieng For The World are amazing, and if band dont make so big girly make up its be ok

Bouth band rocks
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2006 - 18:46
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Hmmm...I like Saxon more... it's just a band that I was introduced to very early on and with W.A.S.P, I never really had that. I listened to them but they never really grew on me. So Saxon it is (and I love thier cover art)
22.05.2006 - 22:42
Dam3k
I haven't listened to Saxon so much but I prefer W.A.S.P anyway, who I considere kinda glam or hair metal, that 2 bands rock but Saxon dunno why isn't so catchy for me so my vote went for W.A.S.P
----

28.05.2006 - 16:50
okt31
Account deleted
Oh... I love Saxon a lot! Also W.A.S.P. are great but nearly nothing compares to Saxon..
29.05.2006 - 00:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I prefer Saxon I mean cmon Saxon kicks a lot of ass.I always thought of W.A.S.P. as a lame and boring act who never really pioneered to anything.Saxon has a lot of great songs like "Princess of the Night" and WASP to me are just a weak act.
29.05.2006 - 16:22
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by [user id=823] on 29.05.2006 at 00:21

I prefer Saxon I mean cmon Saxon kicks a lot of ass.I always thought of W.A.S.P. as a lame and boring act who never really pioneered to anything.Saxon has a lot of great songs like "Princess of the Night" and WASP to me are just a weak act.

W.A.S.P. did pioneer something...they were the "bridge" between glam and heavy....glam looks with heavy-glam sound...don't you think?
30.05.2006 - 02:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=4571] on 29.05.2006 at 16:22

W.A.S.P. did pioneer something...they were the "bridge" between glam and heavy....glam looks with heavy-glam sound...don't you think?

so true. one of the few glam metal bands that were able to adapt and not just fade out. im going with W.A.S.P.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.05.2006 - 16:51
danzig111
Account deleted
Saxon! ..... duh! W.A.S.P were just a hairband formed for shock-value.
30.05.2006 - 22:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 30.05.2006 at 16:51

I read that W.A.S.P singer sings in New Yourk Dolls in 70ties, so you're wright man glam, shock,metal
----

30.05.2006 - 22:50
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2006 at 22:30

I read that W.A.S.P singer sings in New Yourk Dolls in 70ties, so you're wright man glam, shock,metal

uh...i didn't know that..interesting...
30.05.2006 - 22:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4571] on 30.05.2006 at 22:50

Written by Bad English on 30.05.2006 at 22:30

uh...i didn't know that..interesting...

Well me too, I read it or hera on Radio or somewhere read, bt well we can check it in wikipedia or somwhere
----

31.05.2006 - 20:47
danzig111
Account deleted
Come on Saxon fanatics! don't let this damn shock rock band beat the Mighty Saxon by MS Popularity!!!
31.05.2006 - 20:58
Dam3k
it's easy Saxon isn't that famous, W.A.S.P is known by everybody, that usually helps specially in polls like that, apart from the image, (thing who I think shouldn't depend) I prefer the W.A.S.P music... just that!! Is not a metal betray.... indeed, I think W.A.S.P has had more to do with metal than Saxon...
----

02.06.2006 - 10:41
Silhouette
I guess it has something to do with the fact that I started to listen to Saxon before I went really progressive, but I think these guys are really amazing! I saw them last year on Sweden Rock Festival, and that was great, incredible stage presence!
Though, I've tried W.A.S.P. several times, but I've never manage to think that they're anything special, just pretty good.
12.06.2006 - 05:40
MaidenVarius
Account deleted

I'm sorry but I fail to see the bridge as W.A.S.P. to me will always just be glam.They failed to take metal anywhere is what I meant.
18.06.2006 - 05:33
samael06
Account deleted
Written by [user id=823] on 12.06.2006 at 05:40

I'm sorry but I fail to see the bridge as W.A.S.P. to me will always just be glam.They failed to take metal anywhere is what I meant.

I can't believe that someone would think that highly of W.A.S.P. . I personally, like both bands, but prefer Saxon over W.A.S.P.. W.A.S.P. can't even touch Saxon when it comes to musical talent. As far a s the bridging of the gap, sorry but I don't see that. Glam was glam and metal was metal. Glam still is glam and metal still is metal and never shall tha twain meet.
24.06.2006 - 04:13
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
Saxon its just great, denim and leather album was really good.
09.07.2006 - 21:14
Bankler
Account deleted
Saxon is the band! I just got two songs: "Denim and Leather" and "Princess of the Nigth" but ive heard W.A.S.P. and the are not better.
02.08.2006 - 01:47
Prowler84
Saxon has their unique musical magic! They are better than W.A.S.P which is another good band.
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
02.08.2006 - 04:17
Thrash666
Never really like W.A.S.P
Saxon got my vote in this one.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
13.08.2006 - 19:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=10972] on 09.07.2006 at 21:14

Saxon is the band! I just got two songs: "Denim and Leather" and "Princess of the Nigth" but ive heard W.A.S.P. and the are not better.

Why you all know only early Saxon?
In 80ties Saxon are more agresive and harder band hown in 80ties Agrei Denim and Letter are good song, but album isnt so good, its only one song in album who keeps it great, but Dogs of War ist masterpiece, all album are heavy and great

WASP - Thay aer great but its more maybe how to say its more singles and more melodic rockish If I can say, but one albun of them are masterpiece C'mon Dying for the world
----

06.09.2006 - 09:35
Yohan
both bands are wicked good... and my favorites
so i ain't gonna wote on this one... rock on!!!
----
tombstone.fi
07.09.2006 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yohan on 06.09.2006 at 09:35

both bands are wicked good... and my favorites
so i ain't gonna wote on this one... rock on!!!

hahha you are like me who didnt wote in this pool and I agree bout bands are so damn great and amazing
----

12.01.2007 - 23:33
TheKreator
Account deleted
i apreciate ur praises Kariasakis7
13.01.2007 - 03:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4571] on 12.01.2007 at 23:33

i apreciate ur praises Kariasakis7

what did you mean by this
----

13.01.2007 - 12:56
Judas
The Amputator
I'd have to go with Saxon, just because they're one of the founding Heavy Metal bands, and still kick ass, almost 30 years on! W.A.S.P. still rule, don't get me wrong on that, but Saxon rule that little bit more!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.01.2007 - 23:52
Charly546
I voted for Saxon. I've never though much about W.A.S.P, but Saxon is one of my favorites
14.01.2007 - 01:11
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Saxon, no contest.