Metal Storm logo
Best bonus track ever

26.03.2007 - 17:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, we know people like to throw random things in when they decide to reissue an album with a european, japanese or just plain simple bonus track, just to make loads of cash so generally, these are more commercial or just plain bad.
but for me the exceptions are:
nightwish-sleeping sun(wtf??? how can they think not to put this on the oceanborn cd?? it's probably their best ballad ever, and that's saying a mouthful, and the song below is probably their best "heavy" song, and that's not saying much lol but it fucking delivers)
nightwish-nightquest. this is just brilliant, a fucking heavy riff, great piano solo, and it kind of reminds me of priest's electric eye in a way..

nostradameus-scream of anger
hammerfall-detroit rock city
both are covers, both are just fucking awesome. why oh why didn't hammerfall just forget the other stuff, that song is so awesome i didn't even hear the other bonus tracks and i can surely say it's probably the best one.

judas priest-hellbent for leather(79): let's see now: priest+hellbent for leather+1979+live+unleashed in the east+rob FUCKING halford+tipton and downing=

out of the list, i choose sleeping sun.
26.03.2007 - 17:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think that A Fine Day to Die by Emperor (Bathory cover), bonus track on In the Nightside Eclipse, is the best bonus track I've heard so far. It's very heavy with amazing vocals by Ihsahn, Emperor really owns this song!
----
26.03.2007 - 18:06
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
For me Nightwish's "Nightquest", and CoB's "Somebody put Something"
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
26.03.2007 - 18:19
BADDEST MEMBER
The Detroit Rock City of Hammer Fall, that bonus track is so awesome. Children of Bodom also has a bonus track which is Hellion from Ozzy Osbourne though I dont like it as much as COB's own music.
27.03.2007 - 00:02
Sunioj
Dismember - Beyond the unholy grave

I always knew that Dismember can play really fast, but this took the cake and it sounded muddy and oldschool which I love.
27.03.2007 - 00:02
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Aggresive Perfector by Slayer on the album Reign In Blood. They should have put this on the original because this sounds way better than the old version and it is one of the best Slayer songs there is.

Reduced To Slavery by Dying Fetus, because it is in my top 5 Dying Fetus songs and it is a really catchy, groovy and overall amazing song.

A Fine Day To Die (Bathory cover) by Emperor, because of how Ihsahn can change his vocals to match those of Quorthon - truly diverse.

Hellion (WASP cover) by Children Of Bodom, because I can help singing along and headbanging to this song.
27.03.2007 - 00:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Welll for me no answer, because I had hear a lot of bonus tracks in my life and If I like band I like album so I like bonus tracks, but moustly i prefere demo and rear tracks and live too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.03.2007 - 07:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
"Clowns Will Eat Me" on Alice Coopers "DragonTown" (double disc special edition), great song, its wierd how it wasnt included on the album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.03.2007 - 08:00
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The ones I remember now are:
"Nightquest" by Nightwish
"Snow" by Kamelot
"Crying Days" and "Summernight City" by Therion
"Swan Song" by Within Temptation
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.03.2007 - 19:06
Basso
Account deleted
I would have to say A Fine Day to Die, cover from Bathory performed by Emperor. I really enjoy this song and at one point not to long ago it was even my alltime fav song. So it wasnt a too hard choise for me...
29.03.2007 - 01:52
Trifixion
Account deleted
I'd say the cover of Painkiller by Death on The Sound Of Perseverance. An awesome cover if there ever was one:devil:
29.03.2007 - 19:16
|Angela|
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 26.03.2007 at 17:55

I think that A Fine Day to Die by Emperor (Bathory cover), bonus track on In the Nightside Eclipse, is the best bonus track I've heard so far. It's very heavy with amazing vocals by Ihsahn, Emperor really owns this song!

I agree completely. Also Gypsy on the same album which is a Mercyful Fate cover.
29.03.2007 - 19:35
Sunioj
Written by [user id=20559] on 29.03.2007 at 19:16

I agree completely. Also Gypsy on the same album which is a Mercyful Fate cover.

Shit, I dont have that bonus track by emperor on my copy, Im going to download it as soon as I have the chance.
06.04.2007 - 22:26
Kurzag
Account deleted

I truly agree with you
05.05.2007 - 05:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Die For Metal off the newest Manowar album is great. I guess its considered a bonus song on the album because it doesnt fit in with the rest of the album which is a concept album, even though its probably the second best song on the disc.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.05.2007 - 05:37
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
In Flames' "World of Promises" and "Strong and Smart" off of the Clayman reissue are awesome bonus tracks. Other ones that I think are good are Opeth's "Circle Of The Tyrants" and "Remember Tomorrow" off of the MAYH reissue.
05.05.2007 - 07:07
Opium
Account deleted
Not sure if many people will too familiar with Black Majesty, although I found their bonus track "Chasing Time" on Silent Company was more impressive than any other track featured on that album, since it wasn't as monotonous and maudlin (In fact that track wasn't really that at all, but others definitely were) as the rest of the album. Overall, I think it did the album justice, too, reaffirming that they haven't exactly run out of emotive and inspiring songs as of yet. However, there was a couple of tracks that were also decent, but nowhere as good as "Chasing Time".
05.05.2007 - 16:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hammerfall and Kai Hansen playing Helloween's I Want Out. Pretty Cool, especially with Joacim and Kai's vocals. Another cool bonus track is Bling Guardian playing Grave Digger's Excalibur... I really enjoyed that one. Edguy's bonus track from last album was quite funny, and all of Children Of Bodom and Blind Guardian bonus tracks are quite good, except CoB's stupid cover of Britney Spears, that is really stupid...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.05.2007 - 20:03
Hyvaarin
Written by BADDEST MEMBER on 26.03.2007 at 18:19

Children of Bodom also has a bonus track which is Hellion from Ozzy Osbourne...

It's actually by W.A.S.P..

I'm a massive fan of Emperor's cover of 'A Fine Day to Die'.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
06.05.2007 - 10:05
BADDEST MEMBER
@Hyvaarin, thanks for correcting me

Indeed agree A Fine Day To Die is very good bonus track. So is Strong And Smart of In Flames, its killer song.
I like the bonus song Die For Metal by Manowar, lyric and melody are very imposing IMO
06.05.2007 - 15:27
Samhain
Account deleted
Not sure about this but if "Sulfur" on Last Fair Deal Gone Down by Katatonia is a bonus track (I think it is) then definately that one
06.05.2007 - 23:09
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Slippin' Away by Hypocrisy... one of my favourite songs by the band
06.05.2007 - 23:26
LethargyMan
Why is this even a question? It's Sepultura's Chaos B.C.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
06.05.2007 - 23:57
RavenLord
Written by [user id=8232] on 29.03.2007 at 01:52

I'd say the cover of Painkiller by Death on The Sound Of Perseverance. An awesome cover if there ever was one:devil:

Is that not on the standard tracklist? As in, not a bonus track per se.

Well, Emperor's cover of 'A Fine Day To Die' is pretty sweet. As is Dark Tranquillity's cover of Mercyful Fate's 'Lady in Black' (a surprise, considering the rest of those covers are dump). 'I, Deception' on Damage Done is good as well. What else? Umm...'Age of Innocence...How Old?' (a hidden track on the 'No More Lies' EP) by Iron Maiden is brilliant...a rendition of 'Age of Innocence' by Nicko!

Also, the live tracks on the re-issues of Sabbat's first two albums are killer. 'Schnell! Schnell!'
----
07.05.2007 - 02:13
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by RavenLord on 06.05.2007 at 23:57

Written by [user id=8232] on 29.03.2007 at 01:52

Is that not on the standard tracklist? As in, not a bonus track per se.

Hm I think you're right. I just checked Metal Archives and it said Painkiller isn't listed on the back of the case on the deluxe edition, which is the one I have, so I was under the impression it was a bonus. My mistake. Either way it's a sick cover
In that case I'd have to say my favorite is the version of Aggressive Perfector on the remastered Reign In Blood. Also the Britney Spears cover by CoB, brutal shit.
11.01.2008 - 12:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nightwish - Nightquest...the very best song from the great album Ocenborn
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.02.2008 - 01:04
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Gypsy (Mercyful Fate) on Emperors In The Nightside Eclipse.
----
Coldgrits
14.02.2008 - 15:57
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
missa aeterna by adagio
----
Stay Metal !!!
18.02.2008 - 21:19
Imraghil
The best bonus track i know is from Kamelot's last album: Ghost Opera
the song is called: Season's End.
I bought the cd a second time for that song!
It's just such an amazing song! I don't get it it is an bonus song.
16.06.2008 - 10:31
Anarchist
Cannibal Corpse's cover of No Remorse kicks Metallica's ass.