Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Debut New Song And Video

To build the anticipation even more for Metallica's new double record, Hardwired...To Self-Destruct, today is the day to hear another brand new tune. The legendary metal group just premiered track number two from the offering, "Moth Into Flame" and a corresponding video to go with it, directed by Tom Kirk of Muse fame. To listen to the pumping song, head over here. Do you dig the new Metallica song?

Hardwired...To Self-Destruct hits the streets on November 18th, 2016 and was produced by Greg Fidelman, along with James and Lars, and is available for pre-order in a variety of configurations including 12 songs on a double CD, vinyl, digital download, as well as a deluxe version including cover songs and live tracks.

Check out the album's title track over here if you still haven't.

In terms of shows, Metallica will perform in Copenhagen, Denmark at the Royal Arena on February 3rd and 5th, 2017. This Tuesday, September 27th, they will be playing a special show for their Fifth Members only at the intimate Webster Hall. They also travel to Latin America with stops in Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala and Costa Rica in October/November.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 376 users
26.09.2016 - 19:27
FYA
Destroyer
Meh.
26.09.2016 - 19:27
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I know I'm going to pretty well get ripped apart by a lot around these parts, but I REALLY like this song.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

26.09.2016 - 19:29
Big-Al
Moth into flame is pretty good
----

I drink moosepiss
26.09.2016 - 19:44
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by psykometal on 26.09.2016 at 19:27

I know I'm going to pretty well get ripped apart by a lot around these parts, but I REALLY like this song.

I wouldn't be sure about that because this song is pretty good.
26.09.2016 - 20:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Risto on 26.09.2016 at 19:44

I wouldn't be sure about that because this song is pretty good.

Yea, but hating on Metallica, and people who even remotely enjoy any new Metallica material, has become a timeless fad...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

26.09.2016 - 20:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
No, i don't hate Metallica for any mindless reasons whatsoever but this new song touches the fences of hard rock. Neatly delivered but on a very very simple concept.

So just want to conclude by saying "Hardwired" sounds much better than softer "Moth Into Flame".
26.09.2016 - 20:23
Unhealer
Eclecticist
This one is really groovy, I like it.
26.09.2016 - 20:27
The Evergreen
I actually like it... a lot... there is just one problem...
Dat mix...
WTF? I've heard teenagers in their bedrooms mix better than this! At least the trash cans are gone and Lars is using actual drums again. Maybe there will be a live album with some decent mixing, because there is no way I'm paying money for this as it sits.
26.09.2016 - 20:40
koob
Not even that bad, good surprise
26.09.2016 - 20:43
Zap
Couldn't even make it to the end. I'm sorry.
26.09.2016 - 20:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Not an interesting thread as Opeth's. Sorry.
26.09.2016 - 20:50
devilstoy
This song rocks like a bastard!!! I'm liking both songs I've herd so far. I think this is shaping up to be a good album. I will take Metallica in all their forms. I don't care if its their earlier thrashy stuff or their more melodic metal/rock style. Its all good man! At least they don't stand still and try to release the same style album over and over again, now that would be boring!!!!
26.09.2016 - 20:56
Poirot
Honestly this is pretty good. I'm excited for the new album now.
26.09.2016 - 20:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Not bad. was listening to it thinking "meh, could use a punch in the junk for the chorus" and then the pre-chorus kicked in... production still not as good as the Rasmussen years, missing some crunch, but dig some of the velocity.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.09.2016 - 21:00
mz
Is that the real cover? It is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.09.2016 - 21:02
Opethian
Just give us your cash, Sincerely Metallica. This is utter trash
26.09.2016 - 21:08
Haven't heard the song yet, came here for the comments. not disappointed so much hate, so much hate. and most criticism is without substance... one can talk about instrumentation, or lyrics, or vocals, or songwriting in general... but when it comes to Metallica-bashing, the only reason you need is that the band is Metallica. LOL.

Anyway, off to listen to it now.

Edit: That's a pretty good song. In all departments especially enjoyed the riffs and lyrics. nice solo too. "Seduced by fame, a moth into the flame"
26.09.2016 - 21:16
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
This is pretty good. I like it.
26.09.2016 - 21:36
Metal Invader
I like it..everything-riffs,lyrics,solo,drumms..nice one imo
26.09.2016 - 21:36
Lanthros
Well it dosent suck. Cant say I love it either. Kind of had a low end power metal vibe to it. Without the soaring powerful vocals that is. So for me No hate and no love. Maybe something else on the album will be better. It is a step back towards true metal atleast.
26.09.2016 - 21:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by devilstoy on 26.09.2016 at 20:50

try to release the same style album over and over again, now that would be boring!!!!

That's the kind of vibes i'm feeling. It's moving towards Death Magentic 2.0.

Well, let's just see.
26.09.2016 - 21:59
Frombelow
After listing to it a few times I can say that I like it. No, it's not old school metallica like kil 'em all, or mop. Reminds me a bit more of the black album with a touch of reload. Overall not bad! This and hardwired give me hope for a pleasent surprise from these guys.
26.09.2016 - 22:09
s_t_s
I don't hate Metallica, I lost interest in them somewhere in the 90s with the Black album. Glad to see they are still around but I won't even listen till the end of the track...
26.09.2016 - 22:28
majormalfunction
It's nothing spectacular but this is probably their best song since Fuel. It got a good flow and doesn't feel choppy as most of their stuff. Should be a minute shorter though.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
26.09.2016 - 22:45
DeathMetal
Didn't think I'd enjoy it that much. Felt a little long to me though.
26.09.2016 - 22:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by DeathMetal on 26.09.2016 at 22:45

Didn't think I'd enjoy it that much. Felt a little long to me though.

That's what she said.
26.09.2016 - 22:56
Nicko's Nose
Much much better than Hardwired.
26.09.2016 - 23:05
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
This is probably one of the best Metallica songs since the 90's. Not a huge feat when you think about it, but still. I played it twice in a row. So I played it more in 15 minutes than I played the first song in a month
26.09.2016 - 23:06
Malignar
Long but pretty good. Nothing I would ever buy, but good to see them rocking again.
27.09.2016 - 00:04
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
The only thrash riff from this song is a Toxic Waltz ripoff...
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...

Hits total: 5419 | This month: 9