The Sasquatch
Shouldnt this topic be at Metal Arena?
----
24.07.2007 - 00:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
Probably it should, but someone will move it
Anyway, Iron Maiden of cause.
If I have to choose sover it would be Cradle Of Filth, because they give fresh sound to the song, and put their own style in it. Dream Theater cover is horrible and pointless, similar with Iced Earth, Solitude Aeternus is very interesting, maybe I would vote for that cover, not sure, Ceremonial Oath is stupid and I never heard the other bands.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.07.2007 - 00:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know 4 versions and I love 2 iced Earth and Iron Maiden, neve rhad liked Cof its to harsh for me and Solitude Aeternus dont remebe rit song, but I vote about IM

EDDIT
@Tanan now i see why you edd Antim Graham
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2007 - 14:44
Abattoir
Staff
I think IM version is the best. COF version is also quite good, in their syle of course...I have also heard the Iced earth version.
But anyway I vote for IM version..
25.07.2007 - 15:02
W-Lash
Metal Master
Any ideas where could i get the last 2 versions? I tried DC++ but without any results.
Iron Maiden version is ok (specially live);
Cradle of Filth - very good beginning but after it nothing special;
Iced Earth - crap;
Dream Theater - crap;
25.07.2007 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 25.07.2007 at 15:02

Any ideas where could i get the last 2 versions? I tried DC++ but without any results.
Iron Maiden version is ok (specially live);
Cradle of Filth - very good beginning but after it nothing special;
Iced Earth - crap;
Dream Theater - crap;

Last band dunno but 'priek?pēdējā' ist band from Nepala so I duhnno where you can get
IM its good but live
Its from ''Number of The Beast'' the live its in 'Rock in Rio' 'Live at Donington'(have no this album)I had almoust all of IM + Bruce thaya re great , also its live in ''Live After Death'' I love its its closer to roots, also live single ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' Death on The Roud and Real Life On hehe dead on the Roud wa slast album of them what I listen great
----

25.07.2007 - 17:27
Sunioj
Hallowed be thy name by Cof, even though Im not a fan of Cof, their Iron Maiden covers is something that I always enjoyed,
25.07.2007 - 19:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I like the origional and the Iced Earth version. Even though I like Iced Earth better than Iron Maiden, I'm gonna go with Iron Maiden's version .
26.07.2007 - 15:43
king of fools
Account deleted
I like Iced Earth version of the song too.It's not on the list above but Children of bodam version is fuckin awesome.
27.07.2007 - 10:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=24230] on 26.07.2007 at 15:43

I like Iced Earth version of the song too.It's not on the list above but Children of bodam version is fuckin awesome.

And in whitch album its are?

Maybe you mean The Trooper and Aces Hight?
----

27.07.2007 - 10:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I give my vote to the Masters Iron Maiden. Bruce's voice sends shivers down my spine and "Beast over Hammersmith" version is better than studio imo. It's just so fucking great.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.07.2007 - 13:41
king of fools
Account deleted
Written by Tanan on 26.07.2007 at 20:20

Is that right? I've never heard that COB has covered HBTN. If it is true that would be awesome. I like CoB's Aces High cover.

Sorry dude.

I meant the Aces High cover they did put it would awesome if they did cover it.

Thank for correct me.
27.07.2007 - 14:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=24230] on 27.07.2007 at 13:41

Written by Tanan on 26.07.2007 at 20:20

Is that right? I've never heard that COB has covered HBTN. If it is true that would be awesome. I like CoB's Aces High cover.

Sorry dude.

I meant the Aces High cover they did put it would awesome if they did cover it.

Thank for correct me.

Yes thay has song in Follow The Reaper but IMO Digi PAC werse or released or bonus track, but not first album
I had that song
----

27.07.2007 - 19:54
In Chaos
iron maiden has the best version, and the song is especially good live. it is one of their best live songs in my opinion.
28.07.2007 - 01:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
I really can't choose. It's either the original or the one by CoF, that version is really fresh to listen to. After all, I've heard the song a billion times with Iron Maiden.
----
28.07.2007 - 20:36
I'm not an Cradle of Filth fan, but I like their version the best. I heard the song in a video someone had made using scenes from Ninja Scroll, and I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen.
----
oderint dum metuant
28.07.2007 - 22:21
RavenLord
I find the Cradle of Filth version laughable. Splitting the original opening riff so it's on 'atmospheric' keyboards and guitar is fixing what just isn't broke, and Filth's vocals are as puerile and pathetic as ever. Iced Earth's is a fairly good take, but few cover songs ever match the original, and this is an example where no band can emulate Maiden's original compositional tour de force.
----
29.07.2007 - 04:31
Eternal Flames
I haven't heard the last two versions on the list, Antim Grahan and Brown Brigade, although from the rest of the options, my vote definitely goes to the original Iron Maiden version. No other band can even come close to replicate their skill and composition.

Dani Filth's vocals tend to annoy me in the Cradle of Filth version otherwise their version isn't too bad. The Iced Earth one is also pretty decent too. Comes second after Maiden's original version. The rest of the versions that I have heard are pretty average in my opinion.
29.07.2007 - 07:26
Opium
Account deleted
My vote goes to Ceremonial Oath, I find their version keeps my attention focused on the music, while not being overdone or too simplistic, however, the riff itself is. The Iced Earth version sounds a little off-key at times, too, while the Cradle Of Filth version sounds too theatrical and whitewashed to be enjoyable. As for the last 2 versions, I cannot find them either, which is a pity, but I'm sure they're nowhere as bad as the IE or CoF versions.
02.08.2007 - 21:21
Omni
Account deleted
I've only heard the original, Cradle Of Filth's and Dream Theater's versions. Both of those covers I thought were horrible though. To me the song doesn't work without Bruce on vocals, just to give it that epic edge. Sorry I can't really comment on the other versions, but judging by whats been written I guess I'm not missing much lol
03.08.2007 - 15:57
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Elite
i voted Cradle.

let me first say that i have never been a maiden fan, but this song was one of exceptions.and to be honest i only heard the Maine / cradle / iced earth and dream theater versions.

Cradles version brings a whol enew meaning to the song, the whole atmosphere of the song changes to something that can never be imagined with other bands.

i love when people change the music to better tunes and add their take on the song.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
03.08.2007 - 17:48
Satans_Slave_666
Account deleted
voted for Cradle of Filth----cause they are the best...enough said...
04.08.2007 - 11:01
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Cradle's of filth cover by faaar
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
04.08.2007 - 21:14
Bitch Boy
Apart from the original, I think that Iced Earth's is the best. Dream Theater's is also cool.
05.08.2007 - 05:03
selken
Irreligious
Iron Maiden's is the best, why? cause they are Iron Maiden!!!
CoF's version is also good, the intro is great
----
10.09.2007 - 06:07
?Master?
Account deleted
ugh so hard!
i mean of course iron maidens is the best!
but fuk i love the cradle of filth version
so fast so heavy n it just makes the solo sound so fukin sick!
10.09.2007 - 06:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Craddle Of Filth, I really like it, it's fast and really well played, the solo is just amazing.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.09.2007 - 07:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Nothing like the original, Iron Maiden hands down.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.09.2007 - 04:37
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Number of the Beast was one of my first metal albums, and Maiden's version is one of my favorite songs period.
19.09.2007 - 06:29
Powerslave16
Account deleted
I gotta go with Maiden. Iced Earth's cover was good, though.