Who is your favorite?

Inferno (Behemoth)
Other
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
Tony Laureano (ex-Nile)
Derek Roddy (ex-Hate Eternal)
Kevin Talley (ex-Dying Fetus)
Tim Yeung (Vital Remains/Decrepit Birth)
David Haley (Psycroptic)

Total votes: 147
03.06.2006 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I chose Kevin Talley. His work in Dying Fetus is quite amazing. He can go from insane blast beats and instantly change and play a technical beat. His best stuff is in Grotesque Impalement.
03.06.2006 - 06:37
Mega-Slayer
I really enjoy Reed St. Mark,not so much that he is fast,but I like his catchy drum work on Emperor's Return and To Mega Therion with Celtic Frost.His Drum work on "Dethroned Emperor" is excellent in my opinion.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
03.06.2006 - 06:45
Mega-Slayer
Fuck,I thought it was black Metal drummer
----

03.06.2006 - 06:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha yeah I was about to say something....

well, even though you can't fix the vote, who is your favorite death metal drummer?
03.06.2006 - 06:51
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dangerboner on 03.06.2006 at 06:46

haha yeah I was about to say something....

well, even though you can't fix the vote, who is your favorite death metal drummer?

Definitley Mike Sus,I think his work on Seven Churches is great It sucks his career was so short lived listen too Holy Hell and you'll know what I am talking about.Out of those it would be Pete Sandoval.
----

03.06.2006 - 07:40
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
My Favorite Death Metal drummer is easily Kevin Talley, he is so awsome at making the drums fit so well with the guitars and vocals, and hes so great and so fast, and the runner up would be Inferno from Behemoth and then Tim Yeung from Vital Remains and Decrepit Birth.
03.06.2006 - 11:31
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
From the list, hands down Inferno. I love all of his work, from Azarath to Witchmaster. Most of all though, I love his work in Behemoth. Sometimes just I listen to the albums to listen to his phenominal drumming. It's just staggering. I really love it. I am sure to the "naked ear" most extreme metal drummers all play the same thing, but it is amazing what these guys can do, and at such high speeds. Everyone on that list is great, but I must choose Inferno. Another favorite of mine would be Nile's current drummer, George Kollias, he is such a stud. Nile's first drummer Pete Hammoura was really good too. I'm not sure about a second place, since they are all equally awesome in their own way, but probably the legendary "Commando" Sandoval would be right there. Good poll.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.06.2006 - 11:47
Vunts
I know people always hate it when other complain about the bands listed. But where the F. is Doc (ex-Vader)? His playing has always interested me more than the others named here. And no it's not because he died and i'm "supposed" to honor him.
I won't take a vote yet tho, cos i need to relisten a few bands. Atm i would vote for Yeung, but i am pretty sure the answer will change once i've re-listened the others also.
03.06.2006 - 21:08
Trifixion
Account deleted
Flo Mounier is an absolute BEAST, he has absolutely everything you would look for in a good DM drummer. Speed, technicallity, creativity, and just pure TALENT. He knows exactly what to do in exactly the right times and always pulls it off flawlessly. His work on None So Vile is definetly some of my favorite drum work in metal. Amazing.
04.06.2006 - 01:25
Stigmatized
It was a tough choice between Inferno and Pete Sandoval, but I had to take Pete. He blows me away on every single MA album...particularly Covenant. Very cool style and great speed....
04.06.2006 - 01:32
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
From the list, I´ d choose Flo Mournier who has both the speed and the talent, the drumming in "None So Vile" are overwhelming.
But my personal favourite is Steve MacDonald from Gorguts who unfortunately killed himself.
04.06.2006 - 01:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Vunts on 03.06.2006 at 11:47

I know people always hate it when other complain about the bands listed. But where the F. is Doc (ex-Vader)? His playing has always interested me more than the others named here. And no it's not because he died and i'm "supposed" to honor him.
I won't take a vote yet tho, cos i need to relisten a few bands. Atm i would vote for Yeung, but i am pretty sure the answer will change once i've re-listened the others also.

I took him into consideration, but I didn't think he was as good as the other drummers I listed.
04.06.2006 - 01:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know if I need to mention this or not, but Tony Laureano has played for Dimmu Borgir, Nile, Angel Corpse, Malevolent Creation, God Dethroned, Acheron, Aurora Borealis, and others. I only put him as an ex-Nile drummer because I didn't have enough room.
04.06.2006 - 02:41
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 04.06.2006 at 01:54

I don't know if I need to mention this or not, but Tony Laureano has played for Dimmu Borgir, Nile, Angel Corpse, Malevolent Creation, God Dethroned, Acheron, Aurora Borealis, and others. I only put him as an ex-Nile drummer because I didn't have enough room.

Yeah, Tony has been around. He is a good drummer and all, but I think Doc would have been the better choice, he is definitely one of the best. Not complaining though, because the list is good. I really enjoy Tony's work on the newest Aurora Borealis album. Probably the best I have heard from him. Good stuff.
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.06.2006 - 14:39
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I voted Inferno (Behemoth)
God I love Behemoth .. and the drummer!
04.06.2006 - 14:55
Mort
Written by [user id=8170] on 04.06.2006 at 14:39

I choose Inferno too and for the same reason, cause it's quite difficult to make the choice between great musicians only estimating their technical abilities.
04.06.2006 - 18:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
Flo Mounier is my favorite!!
the latest Cryptopsy album is the best in my opnion - it is probably my favorite album drumming-wise out of anything
ive not heard anything like him before
05.06.2006 - 04:10
Endoftherainbow
Yanic Bercier from Quo Vadis is my favorite he is by far the best drummer in death metal with no one comming near him in my opinion. He writes great drums and isn't repetitive at all in their songs he also plays extremely fast double kick. The only person in death metal that I can even think of that comes close is fellow Canadian drummer Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy but his drumming still doesn't compare. He does have faster kicks though I think.
05.06.2006 - 17:24
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by Mort on 04.06.2006 at 14:55

Written by [user id=8170] on 04.06.2006 at 14:39

I choose Inferno too and for the same reason, cause it's quite difficult to make the choice between great musicians only estimating their technical abilities.

Yea, exactly
Maybe if another drummer (for example Vaders drummer) would play in Behemoth I would have voted him ...
It's because it's so hard to estimate personal skills, I tended to choose the band (and drum in band)
06.06.2006 - 06:40
Sebek
Account deleted
I voted inferno because this guy can rape a drumset. I also rather enjoy Tony Laureano's drumming on Unas Slayer of the Gods. My favorite part of that song is right after the french horns stop playing and Tony comes in with that fucking crazy ass drum roll which he plays with his hands and feet at the same time! I kind of wished that they would have put George Kollias on this poll, he is another crazy ass drummer that I love and currently raping the set with Nile. His drumming on Annihilation of the Wicked was awesome and it really added a lot to it along the lines of being brutal as hell.
06.06.2006 - 07:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I was thinking about editing it, but I can't decide who to take out so it'll have to stay the same.
08.06.2006 - 22:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Fuck I forgot Vitek from Decapitated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to edit the poll.
08.06.2006 - 23:34
Stigmatized
I have to agree with C-Dub and Sebek about George Kollias. I think he's the best of Nile's drummers, though the others were insane.

@pyroleprechaun- Sorry being another person saying "Why isn't this drummer here?", your have a good poll going.
08.06.2006 - 23:56
Sunioj
My favorite style drummer is pete sandoval, off covenant and blessed are the sick, he really showed an experimental yet extremely aggressive style of drumming. However if anyone is curious about Tim Yeung, he won a competition where he did 871 kicks on a double bass pedal in a minute barefoot. You can watch the video online its pretty cool.
10.06.2006 - 18:04
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Very nice list of drummers there, good selection IMO.

As soon as i saw David Hayley's name there though my vote went straight to him with out looking at the others down the list, (im pretty one sided when it comes to Psycroptic... so sue me! ). But even with out my biased approach to my vote, he is a KILLER drummer. He has the speed, he has the technicality, he has the creativity, ... and hes a damn friendly guy!

@Hellraizer:
DAMN!! 871 in a minture!! This i'll have to see, thats heaps fast.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.06.2006 - 19:00
Nightmare^
I'd say Richard Christy from Death....an amazing work in Death, although he was a member of them just for a few years....moreover he has also done excelent work with Iced Earth(even if they are not death metal)
----
11.06.2006 - 08:01
tuerda
I would say Flo Mounier with Derek Roddy as a second choice. Flo plays the most ridiculously complicated drumming I have ever heard. Not just sticking to blast beats but using his whole drumset with all sorts of weird time signatures and sometimes like 3 or 4 of them going at once. He goes insanely fast too, and his timing is impeccable.
Derek Roddy is pretty awesome, if only because he can switch from graity blasting on one side to gravity blasting on the other without any break in tempo. That is just friggin cool!
17.06.2006 - 22:52
MigraineBoy
Mr Mounier all the way. This guys knows what drums are made from, not to play just for speed or leave it all to the blast beats.
Flo is simply an awesome, creative drummer, and the main reason why I like Cryptopsy.
----
Is only wrong if you don't get it!
27.06.2006 - 20:33
Sunioj
@Xtreme Jax,
Just search Tim Yeung on Youtube, Im sure you'll recognize it!
27.06.2006 - 20:58
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
My vote goes to flo mounier, the man is insane.