13.08.2024 - 18:25
Rating: 9
pedders
Really happy with this first song can't wait to hear the all album
14.08.2024 - 09:26
Rating: 7
Paz
Elite
The dreamy female vocals are a new addition to their sound but at times reminds me of Alcest… Dunno if it’s a good thing lol

I don’t like the way she inhales tbh.
14.08.2024 - 21:10
A Real Mönkey
Damn who thought those girl’s vocals were a good idea?
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
15.08.2024 - 01:01
mz
The first time I hear something from them and I feel like Meh.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
15.08.2024 - 11:33
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by mz on 15.08.2024 at 01:01

I feel almost obligated to implore you to listen to more of their stuff. Hearts Of No Light is an amazing album and Schammasch have continued to push the boundaries of their own style for their entire career. The Maldoror Chants trilogy is supposed to be a deviation from their regular sound, but if you're at all interested, give HonL or Triangle a listen.
Schammasch are one of my favorite bands currently active and have never failed to excite me.
----
15.08.2024 - 13:52
nikarg
Staff
The song slays.
15.08.2024 - 16:08
Zap
Written by corrupt on 15.08.2024 at 11:33

I feel almost obligated to implore you to listen to more of their stuff. Hearts Of No Light is an amazing album and Schammasch have continued to push the boundaries of their own style for their entire career. The Maldoror Chants trilogy is supposed to be a deviation from their regular sound, but if you're at all interested, give HonL or Triangle a listen.
Schammasch are one of my favorite bands currently active and have never failed to excite me.

I think mz's comment was worded a bit ambiguously; I seem to recall him being a huge Schammasch fan, so he probably meant that this is the first time something from the band made him feel meh, whereas previous releases did not
15.08.2024 - 17:03
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Zap on 15.08.2024 at 16:08
I think mz's comment was worded a bit ambiguously; I seem to recall him being a huge Schammasch fan, so he probably meant that this is the first time something from the band made him feel meh, whereas previous releases did not

Now that you said that, I cannot read it any other way 🙈
----
15.08.2024 - 22:08
mz
Written by corrupt on 15.08.2024 at 11:33

oh sorry I think my wording sucked. I'm also a huge fan of them and have listened to all of their releases. Contradiction was the 4th best album of 2010s in my book :

https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=5980

what I meant was that all the previous things I've heard from them have been at least great, and thus song is not.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.

Hits total: 685 | This month: 151