Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
21.02.2009 - 03:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.02.2009 at 23:15

Then we have the same cd... In the back of my cd it says Avantgarde Music.
Damn.. I want that intro, or my money back at least.

trust me, the intro is not worth it. it's just Kvarforth on one of his stupid rants. if you're really interested in what he says, download it as Damnated says. or, search the word "selbstmord" in this thread. i once posted the entire text in this thread, search for that word and you'll find it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.02.2009 - 03:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 21.02.2009 at 03:20

trust me, the intro is not worth it. it's just Kvarforth on one of his stupid rants. if you're really interested in what he says, download it as Damnated says. or, search the word "selbstmord" in this thread. i once posted the entire text in this thread, search for that word and you'll find it.

Well... I did something different
I just searched for the song on youtube and one version seemed longer than usual so it was that one...
I lol'd... I like when he says:
"If your're into the whole organized misanthropy thing, I suggest you go for shit like Dimmu Borgir instead... Like me."

Yeah... not really worth it to have that shit on the cd. But quite funny to listen to on youtube
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.02.2009 - 13:12
TheBigRossowski
Sounds like the Joker from The Dark Knight, haha.

EDIT: OKAY! Just came back from the Winterfire Festival. No, I didn't stick around for Ensiferium and Dark Tranquility. Ehhh...

Kvarforth wasn't quite energetic as usual, but he still gave a lot. We knew what we were in for because they covered the speakers with trash bags. The band came on stage with an all too familiar sound...the intro of 'A Clockwork Orange'. Very fitting! I can just hear Alex saying 'well, well ma bruthers!' lol.

I think they actually played the SAME songs from the last concert I was at in Schwerte? Maybe not exactly the same, but for the most part. They played another new song, but this time I think it was 'Krossade Drömmar Och Brutna Löften'. Can't be positive though...that Swedish stuff was crazy. I thought for a second Kvarforth said BILBO BAGGINS, lol.

He spit blood all over the crowd quite often and one time he came off the stage poured blood on this girl's head and rubbed her face in his 'junk'. Then I came to the conclusion that in another photo he probably didn't receive a blow job, but just did the same thing I just witnessed. I was behind one person, middle of the floor. People actually asked me what happened to me because I had all this blood on me. And to be honest, I think it was real. When I was watching it off it smelt like real blood, but I guess that isn't a big deal.

The best part was, some dudes made some confetti thing blow all over the stage and Kvarforth got PISSED!! He grabbed the bottle of Jägermeister he was drinking and threw it at our feet. But then he made it all better and blew the guy a kiss.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.02.2009 - 06:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

What about the version that DOESN'T have the intro? where would a person get that besides torrents? The intro bugs the crap out of me and somewhat ruins the album (the albums is still great tbh)
----
Coldgrits
22.02.2009 - 14:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 22.02.2009 at 06:51

What about the version that DOESN'T have the intro? where would a person get that besides torrents? The intro bugs the crap out of me and somewhat ruins the album (the albums is still great tbh)

Order the Avantgarde Record version from distros and you won't have that annoying intro on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.02.2009 - 17:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.02.2009 at 13:12

He grabbed the bottle of Jägermeister he was drinking and threw it at our feet. But then he made it all better and blew the guy a kiss.

Awwwwww that means he has some feelings after all... how cute!!!
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.03.2009 - 15:34
TheBigRossowski

Kvarforth says 'NO!!!' to ugly chicks...

This is a great photo!

..ughh...where is my photo?
----
09.03.2009 - 15:41
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by TheBigRossowski on 09.03.2009 at 15:34

This is a great photo!

wut lol?
----
Coldgrits
09.03.2009 - 15:44
TheBigRossowski
Written by -DC-002- on 09.03.2009 at 15:41

Written by TheBigRossowski on 09.03.2009 at 15:34

This is a great photo!

wut lol?

Go to Den Saakaldte's page at myspace and look through their 'Fan..' stuff. There is a funny picture with Kvarforth and some ugly Finnish lady. He's just making a thumbs down and she's kinda smiling. Maybe I copied the wrong link...
----
11.03.2009 - 22:42
TheBigRossowski

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 14:35

My mistake I somehow thought that both The Eerie Cold and Halmstad were released by Osmose, but as my cd says The Eerie Cold was released by Avantgarde

I have that Peaceville edition. It's really a stupid speech to be honest. The speech was by a Mr.Bjornhagen. He still sounds like Heath Ledger's joker though, lol.

Kvarforth is a funny character. I was thinking about making a parody video of me as him, conducting an interview.

'I hate everything...I hate life, and the ..everyones watching this video, I hate them. I can't stand this bitch you call nature, fucking bunnies playing happily in the forest.'

Interviewer: What about the band?

'Ohh...yeah, I like them, they are cool, they are my band. I care about my band....the record label, my girlfriend, a few guys from other bands...my dog and ..stuff. But in general I hate EVERYTHING'.

lol.
----
12.03.2009 - 16:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 11.03.2009 at 22:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 14:35

My mistake I somehow thought that both The Eerie Cold and Halmstad were released by Osmose, but as my cd says The Eerie Cold was released by Avantgarde

I have that Peaceville edition. It's really a stupid speech to be honest.

Yeah... I heared it a while ago on youtube. And now that I think of it... My copy without the speech is way better.
----
Rod, let me love you.
02.06.2009 - 13:08
Hamird
Lieutenant
I watched the Hellfest interview with Shining last night. I saw no point in Kvarforth. Not answering to question is not cool in my opinion. Anyway, I didn't like his attitude toward the interviewer.. No matter how stupid the questions are. He could not to come for interview.. Just send a paper which is written in it: I like cutting myself, I like death, I'm true, I hate my fans..
02.06.2009 - 14:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Hamird on 02.06.2009 at 13:08

I watched the Hellfest interview with Shining last night. I saw no point in Kvarforth. Not answering to question is not cool in my opinion. Anyway, I didn't like his attitude toward the interviewer.. No matter how stupid the questions are. He could not to come for interview.. Just send a paper which is written in it: I like cutting myself, I like death, I'm true, I hate my fans..

I agree... It's just so sad that the band has such a great talent and Kvarforth being a very very good musician and vocalist.
But damn, he IS a fucking asshole.
----
Rod, let me love you.
02.06.2009 - 22:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.06.2009 at 14:52

I agree... It's just so sad that the band has such a great talent and Kvarforth being a very very good musician and vocalist.

and? it's not like you have to spend quality time with Kvaforth while listening to Shining. or do you want him to be all happy and loving, hugging everyone who attends his concerts? now THAT would be creepy.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.06.2009 - 22:06
TheBigRossowski
Written by Damnated on 02.06.2009 at 22:02

and? it's not like you have to spend quality time with Kvaforth while listening to Shining. or do you want him to be all happy and loving, hugging everyone who attends his concerts? now THAT would be creepy.

Well, it's close enough, he rubs his cock on peoples faces. He doesn't pull his pants down or anything, but some special lady fans definitely get cocked in the face.

However, what's creepier than that is that I squirt a little jizzaroni-style after that...
----
02.06.2009 - 22:22
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by TheBigRossowski on 02.06.2009 at 22:06

Well, it's close enough, he rubs his cock on peoples faces. He doesn't pull his pants down or anything, but some special lady fans definitely get cocked in the face.

However, what's creepier than that is that I squirt a little jizzaroni-style after that...

eh, all he did here was spit some bourbon in the crowd. and that was at the very beginning. i actually liked that he wasn't trying to impress us by doing something shocking.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.06.2009 - 13:37
Hamird
Lieutenant

He shows no wisdom by such interviews.. Attila Csihar is 10 times darker than Kvarforth, but comparing both Kvarforth and Attila's interviews in Hellfest results one thing; an arrogant man, who really is a whore for attention, Kvarforth is.
03.06.2009 - 23:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Nah, I don't give a fuck about the stuff on the concerts, I was talking about his arrogant behavior on interviews.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.06.2009 - 01:21
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Hamird on 03.06.2009 at 13:37

He shows no wisdom by such interviews.. Attila Csihar is 10 times darker than Kvarforth, but comparing both Kvarforth and Attila's interviews in Hellfest results one thing; an arrogant man, who really is a whore for attention, Kvarforth is.

thank you mister for saying it again, now i get it :

i just don't see the point of all this bitching about how he is in real life. does a musicians character alter your listening experiences?
----

04.06.2009 - 12:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Damnated on 04.06.2009 at 01:21

i just don't see the point of all this bitching about how he is in real life. does a musicians character alter your listening experiences?

lol Nah, It doesn't affect his music and what I think of his albums by any means. I was just saying what I thought about him, I wasn't whining.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.06.2009 - 16:38
Hamird
Lieutenant

No. I'm waiting for their upcoming album. Because I like their music and Kvarforth's vocals. But sometimes some musicians have both musical abilities and great personal ideas. I prefer to spend my time on those kind of musicians. So no bitching, no fighting.. :
04.06.2009 - 16:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Meh, I don't care at all about Kvarforth, I know he is a moron so it's his problem. I hope the new album will be great, Halmstad and the previous one were amazing.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.06.2009 - 21:28
TheBigRossowski

Do you mean, did he personally come and pee on my rug or alter my listening experience? Hello, do you speak English sir? Parla usted Inglese?

What day is this?

The thing is that he alters the 15 years olds out there who don't quite have an opinion yet. They get into this same "mindframe", when actually it's all just fun and games for Kvarforth. He's not trying to be a roll-model, but other youth look at him and think, this is true, this is what I want to be. A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse on a Soviet Tank. This is not a worthy adversary...
----
01.07.2009 - 05:39
Ascendant187
Is the new album out? If so, has anyone heard anything off of it yet?

I've had a scan through the music shops here and found nothing, which isn't a surprise considering where I live but you just never know with official release dates and Kvagforth.
01.07.2009 - 10:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ascendant187 on 01.07.2009 at 05:39

Is the new album out? If so, has anyone heard anything off of it yet?

I've had a scan through the music shops here and found nothing, which isn't a surprise considering where I live but you just never know with official release dates and Kvagforth.

Seems there is no trace about the new album, I can't even find it in the web.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.07.2009 - 14:45
W-Lash
Metal Master
It's out!
I heard it once... Seems a bit boring and not as good as the previous albums but maybe after some time I will start enjoying it.
03.07.2009 - 15:57
Damnated
Churchburner
there's definitely a lot of filler riffs, sadly. And i'm really annoyed by the clean singing in the second song. should have left out the shredding too. i'm in the middle of my first listen, and so far it's average with a few good moments. needs more listens, though.
----

03.07.2009 - 17:40
TheBigRossowski
Written by Damnated on 03.07.2009 at 15:57

there's definitely a lot of filler riffs, sadly. And i'm really annoyed by the clean singing in the second song. should have left out the shredding too. i'm in the middle of my first listen, and so far it's average with a few good moments. needs more listens, though.

We are sympathizing here, Dude. Fuck sympathy, I don't need that, I need my fuckin' Shining.

You're generally unsatisfied by the first listen, but sometimes come around to enjoying an album. The fact that you write that it's average gives me a good chance to check it out and be content. I don't even know what the fuck I'd do if you wrote that a new album was genius. lol

I think I know which song your talking about with the clear vocals. Same one on the myspace, right? I'm waiting until I go to the states... get the album there.
----
03.07.2009 - 18:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
Damn, I don't think it's that awesome too... mmmh...Seems more technical that the previous and doesn't work perfectly.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.07.2009 - 18:54
W-Lash
Metal Master
Seems really boring. Sad. Old ideas mixed together and nothing original. While listnening songs I often get a situation when I remember "this theme is from that album" or "this song is from that"...