Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2015

Original post

Posted by Alex F, 01.12.2014 - 19:17
I've already seen a bunch of 2015 releases being announced, and even streaming in full in some locations, so I figured I'd go ahead and create a place for those releases to be posted. To start we'll have the new Swamp Witch album The Slithering Bog. It's a sludge filled doom album that simply slays, and is streaming in its' entirety on the Swamp Witch bandcamp page. The official release date (for the physical versions) is February 20th, 2015.

16.02.2015 - 05:09
The Turbanator
Black metal

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
16.02.2015 - 05:19
The Turbanator
Black Metal

BANDCAMP
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
16.02.2015 - 05:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Awwww. That's the cutest black/post metal cover art ever.
I started listening because of the cover and it's good so far.

Bandcamp
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.02.2015 - 06:09
The Turbanator
Black Metal

BANDCAMP
----
16.02.2015 - 07:22
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 16.02.2015 at 05:32

Bandcamp

how to train your dragon goes black metal
16.02.2015 - 08:58
no one
Account deleted
Written by [user id=136611] on 16.02.2015 at 08:55

16.02.2015 - 16:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
This new Psychonaut 4 seems promising. I'm finding this better than their other stuff, which was already kinda good

Yeah, the video is bad... But then again it's a metal video. Of course it would be bad xD
----
- Reimu Hakurei
17.02.2015 - 08:46
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 16.02.2015 at 16:39

This new Psychonaut 4 seems promising. I'm finding this better than their other stuff, which was already kinda good

they have two good more recent songs on the "great depression 1" the other songs are good too.

Quote:
Yeah, the video is bad... But then again it's a metal video. Of course it would be bad xD

true
20.02.2015 - 09:25
Paz
Elite
Polish BM. Straightforward but enjoyable.

The band is called Kurhan.
21.02.2015 - 18:26
Alex F
Cvlt Nation recently shared a band called Taken By The Sun who seem to mix post with a little bit of sludge, some "gaze" type elements, and a wee-bit of doom. Really nice stuff, and highly relaxing for me. They also have a bandcamp. Currently there are only two songs streaming from the album, one on Soundcloud (included in the Cvlt Nation link) and the second track on their bandcamp.
22.02.2015 - 05:53
The Turbanator
Black Metal

----
22.02.2015 - 05:55
The Turbanator
Doom/Death

----
22.02.2015 - 06:01
The Turbanator
Black/Death

----
23.02.2015 - 18:37
The Turbanator
Viking / Folk Black Metal

BANDCAMP
----
23.02.2015 - 18:58
The Turbanator
Black Metal

----
24.02.2015 - 10:32
Paz
Elite
Sludge/doom from Turku, Finland. That's their debut release. Prepare for heavy and abusive journey!

24.02.2015 - 20:16
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=142921] on 24.02.2015 at 13:57

Written by The Turbanator on 23.02.2015 at 18:37

Viking / Folk Black Metal

Blast I got all excited because I read Wyrd thinking it was the band name...

same here. They've been pretty quiet.
----
25.02.2015 - 06:26
The Turbanator
Stoner/Sludge

BANDCAMP
----
25.02.2015 - 10:23
Ganondox
Written by Karlabos on 16.02.2015 at 05:32

Bandcamp

I found out about that album from the official horse musician skype group I'm in. Currently it's my 5th in que for listening.
26.02.2015 - 07:45
Fearmeister
Account deleted
I'm a bit slow on the Voidhanger news but here we go.

First off is that there is a new Goatcraft coming out this year. I found his last album to be really good but this sounds like an improvement. Much excite!

The second bit of news is that Tome of the Unreplenished finally has its preview track out. Its good but I was a tad bit let down. Its still shaping up to be a solid atmo black record though
26.02.2015 - 16:10
The Turbanator
New Godspeed You! Black Emperor track is available for stream HERE
----
26.02.2015 - 17:58
Alex F
Written by The Turbanator on 26.02.2015 at 16:10

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I love GY!BE. Just for future reference though, we have a separate thread for non-metal recs.
26.02.2015 - 22:14
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Fucking sex. This album is just pure awesome.

Heavy metal in the vein of Fates Warning
27.02.2015 - 07:33
The Turbanator
Written by Alex F on 26.02.2015 at 17:58

Written by The Turbanator on 26.02.2015 at 16:10

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I love GY!BE. Just for future reference though, we have a separate thread for non-metal recs.

Okay cheers. Already favourited it.
----
27.02.2015 - 07:34
The Turbanator
Black Metal from Greece.

----
27.02.2015 - 07:45
The Turbanator
Stoner/Doom from Sweden

----
02.03.2015 - 23:14
mz
Just throwing this at you before crawling under the rock again. Fans of alien, abstract black/death metal rejoice:
Imperial Triumphant- Abyssal Gods
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
03.03.2015 - 00:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 02.03.2015 at 23:14

Just throwing this at you before crawling under the rock again. Fans of alien, abstract black/death metal rejoice:
Imperial Triumphant- Abyssal Gods

OH? Imperial Triumphant has an actual full length? I need to hear that
----
- Reimu Hakurei
03.03.2015 - 13:04
mz
Written by Karlabos on 03.03.2015 at 00:07

OH? Imperial Triumphant has an actual full length? I need to hear that

Feel free to do that
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
03.03.2015 - 14:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Imperial Triumphant death metal in their sound? Pure black I'd say. At times bordering on a freejaz black metal version.

Btw this one is their second full-length.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996