Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2015

Original post

Posted by Alex F, 01.12.2014 - 19:17
I've already seen a bunch of 2015 releases being announced, and even streaming in full in some locations, so I figured I'd go ahead and create a place for those releases to be posted. To start we'll have the new Swamp Witch album The Slithering Bog. It's a sludge filled doom album that simply slays, and is streaming in its' entirety on the Swamp Witch bandcamp page. The official release date (for the physical versions) is February 20th, 2015.

03.03.2015 - 15:24
mz
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2015 at 14:26

Imperial Triumphant death metal in their sound? Pure black I'd say. At times bordering on a freejaz black metal version.

Btw this one is their second full-length.

Sorry for inappropriate wording. I didn't mean that they are a death/black metal band. Rather, I was implying that those who enjoy avantgarde death and/ or black metal bands such as gorguts, baring teeth, Pyrrhon and deathspell omega will probably enjoy this one, too.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
03.03.2015 - 15:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by mz on 03.03.2015 at 15:24

Imperial Triumphant death metal in their sound? Pure black I'd say. At times bordering on a freejaz black metal version.

Sorry for inappropriate wording. I didn't mean that they are a death/black metal band. Rather, I was implying that those who enjoy avantgarde death and/ or black metal bands such as gorguts, baring teeth, Pyrrhon and deathspell omega will probably enjoy this one, too.

Aha in that sense. Then I fully agree. Of course Imperial Triumphant has two band members who are also part of Pyrrhon.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2015 - 15:38
mz
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2015 at 15:33

Of course Imperial Triumphant has two band members who are also part of Pyrrhon.

That's how I found them
----
03.03.2015 - 17:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

Yeah but the other one was too short :v
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
05.03.2015 - 10:37
no one
Account deleted
New Vallendusk album, Homward path...chur paw

06.03.2015 - 00:29
mz
Seemingly, the mastermind of N.K.V.D. has also done this one, with the help of a few other guys. Cant really describe it that much. It's more death metal oriented and the drumming seems to be done be a real drummer. Cool oppressive atmosphere.

Autokrator

----
06.03.2015 - 01:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Kinda underwhelming when you listen to it after hearing N.K.V.D.'s name. Well, anyway, it's pretty solid...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
06.03.2015 - 01:10
mz
Written by Karlabos on 06.03.2015 at 01:07

^ Kinda underwhelming when you listen to it after hearing N.K.V.D.'s name. Well, anyway, it's pretty solid...

I prefer it to the recent N.K.V.D. tbh.
----
06.03.2015 - 17:36
Paz
Elite
Old skool DM from Oakland. It's a fine little album.

07.03.2015 - 16:27
The Turbanator
WHEN WOODS MAKE GRAVES - Please​.​.​.​Don't Murder Me (Atmospheric BM)

BANDCAMP
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.03.2015 - 17:40
Sang Dalang Abu
Hmmmm.... So much new stuff in 2015. But I suggest listen to Vallendusk. Release few songs in february and next release album named "Homeward Path", more agressive, nice concept. Maybe they can finish in 3 months.
But as you can see it's very odd to see a band not from Scandinavia presented the theme like this.

Death Metal closed. No need anymore
07.03.2015 - 21:36
no one
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2015 at 16:27

yeah sweet, keen for some of this!

hey paw, look 5 posts above
07.03.2015 - 23:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2015 at 16:27

"38minutesoffuckingnoise"
Tracklist:
Please don't murder me. I'm pregnant with the... What?
An orgy of flies licking a wound of a dead tumor/ her mind has left her wandering on the opposite direction!? Really!?

I can't express how much I'm laughing right now
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.03.2015 - 20:54
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Some really nice Gothic Doom

09.03.2015 - 12:13
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Written by [user id=126528] on 08.03.2015 at 20:54

Some really nice Gothic Doom

Blacksoul Seraphim - Hymns for the Vanquished

Artwork is what captivating me right now. Listening on Thursday.
10.03.2015 - 19:51
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Now THIS sounds really fucking cool. Its black metal...but with a lot of cool stuff added in it. The label says that its a "mix of avant-garde, black metal, post metal, sludge, darkened pieces of progressive music and disharmonic shoegaze rock." I suppose that's close enough. Anyway, I'm excited as fuck for this album now. Probably the album I'm looking forward to the most out of the Voidhanger lineup.

Antagoniste - The Myth Of Mankind
France // March 30th 2015

Linkie to sample track
10.03.2015 - 22:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Catchy song. Interesting indeed.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
12.03.2015 - 15:43
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff

Fjord --- On Icy Shores
Romania // 17th February 2015
Post-Rock / Post Metal

Bandcamp
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
13.03.2015 - 17:56
The Turbanator
SOL - Black Mountain

BANDCAMP
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
13.03.2015 - 18:10
The Turbanator
STONED JESUS - The Harvest

BANDCAMP
----
14.03.2015 - 17:44
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff

Whispering Woods --- Perditus Et Dea
Romania // 26 February 2015
Symphonic Gothic Metal

Bandcamp
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
14.03.2015 - 22:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It's just one song, but still... It's Lapageria Rosea, so yeah...

Bandcamp
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.03.2015 - 11:15
The Turbanator
Black Metal split from Germany

BANDCAMP
----
15.03.2015 - 11:34
The Turbanator
Post Metal from Canada

BANDCAMP
----
15.03.2015 - 11:38
The Turbanator
Depressive/Atmospheric Black Metal from Japan

BANDCAMP
----
15.03.2015 - 16:42
The Turbanator
Post BM (?) from Poland

BANDCAMP
----
16.03.2015 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted

icelandic bm
17.03.2015 - 05:10
The Turbanator
Greek black metal with guys from Varathron, Agos, Hail Spirit Noir.

BANDCAMP
----
17.03.2015 - 05:12
The Turbanator
new Caina album.

BANDCAMP
----
17.03.2015 - 05:18
The Turbanator
Post Metal / Shoegaze

BANDCAMP
----