Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
02.01.2009 - 17:43
In Bone Factory
Uncomparisonable.
i like both of them.Iron Maiden introduced metal to me and Metallica made me more eager.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
07.01.2009 - 09:41
Justice
I love both of them and they have diffrent styles
but I vote metallica cause they changed my life
Enough ?
07.01.2009 - 21:26
Saitenhexerin
Iron Maiden are the Gods for me and always will be.
'tallica's not bad either, but in my opinion they are not as constant as Iron Maiden and they really have changed my life and brought me into metal!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.01.2009 - 00:05
WiSaM
Account deleted
It's not possible to compare them because each one performs different kind of metal.
but there is one thing about metallica, it's that it's not as much constant as iron maiden.
20.01.2009 - 21:01
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Saitenhexerin on 07.01.2009 at 21:26

'tallica's not bad either, but in my opinion they are not as constant as Iron Maiden and they really have changed my life and brought me into metal!

you read my mind up the Irons:metal:
20.01.2009 - 23:04
ForeverDarkWoods
I vote Iron Maiden, because they are pretty much the gods of heavy metal. The first time I really understood their Killers album was close to a religious experience for me.

Older Metallica is very good, but they can't compare with Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden was also the band that got me into non-extreme metal (every genre except black and death). For me, the choice is clear.

Iron Maiden are gods. In fact, Iron Maiden > gods.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
19.02.2009 - 23:47
Deadpool
I voted for Iron Maiden. The reason is to me it seems like Iron Maiden has done more for metal than Metallica. And I perssonally can only stand listening to the first two Metallica albums. Master Of Puppets is good in all but Kill 'em All and Ride The Lightning are thrash metal masterpieces. But as it was said before Iron Maiden is more constant. and Metallica, to me, these days is what every other band should try not to be.
21.02.2009 - 05:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Deadpool on 19.02.2009 at 23:47

I voted for Iron Maiden. The reason is to me it seems like Iron Maiden has done more for metal than Metallica. And I perssonally can only stand listening to the first two Metallica albums. Master Of Puppets is good in all but Kill 'em All and Ride The Lightning are thrash metal masterpieces. But as it was said before Iron Maiden is more constant. and Metallica, to me, these days is what every other band should try not to be.

Brilliant... Iron Maiden for the win,

how can you compare gods with simple fake-thrash metaller
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.02.2009 - 16:48
seely
Account deleted
Iron Maiden= Best band EVER!!!

Metallica are great too though...
23.02.2009 - 19:02
freakiwombatman
Account deleted
Written by [user id=36489] on 01.01.2009 at 20:34

And it sucks that Bruce is gone now.

Huh?
23.02.2009 - 23:31
eeshpaul
Account deleted
Lars said" iron maiden is 10% better than any metal band"

i agree to a certain extent thet maiden are better but i voted to metallica bcoz i like them more//// but maiden is one band i respect the most cause they have been consistantly good since they started out...the havent had a bad album atleast with bruce on vocals
01.03.2009 - 19:23
Nardy7
Because I can't really compare them side-by-side due to them beng so differnent, I'll go with my personal preferencr and pick Iron Maiden. They really introduced me to metal and their sound is so "crisp," I guess I would call it.

Anyways, they are two legendary bands whose legacies will live on and will continue to be influential.
04.03.2009 - 11:56
dunkelheit_13
I think this is not a nice comparison, because both of these 2 most influenced metal bands are nice. but if have to choose one, I say metallica. because IMO they influenced metal more than Iron Maiden. especially when it comes to Extreme Metal. but no one can forget about Iron Maiden's Values. Lars was a fan of them before he has a band!
----
war is over if you want
17.03.2009 - 01:15
ToMegaTherion
Iron Maiden get my vote hands down in this one, Maiden are still going strong and influencing the next generation; whereas, Metallica are still going influencing the next generation of Nu Metal bands, although lets hope Death Magnetic goes at least some way to recifying that.
17.03.2009 - 01:19
ToMegaTherion

I agree with Overlord_PT
They are tough to compare side by side. But, I like Iron Maiden better.

Bruce Dickinson isn't gone, He has been back in Maiden since 1999, and as far as I can tell he is still there.
17.03.2009 - 05:32
Biedrik
Written by ToMegaTherion on 17.03.2009 at 01:19

I agree with Overlord_PT
They are tough to compare side by side. But, I like Iron Maiden better.

Bruce Dickinson isn't gone, He has been back in Maiden since 1999, and as far as I can tell he is still there.

Unless we've suddenly been transported back to 90s, in which case we're screwed because we have to wait for Bruce to join all over again.

Anyways, while I do like all the Metallica albums (even St. Anger), Iron manages to make every single album (except the Blaze ones) into a masterpiece. That's why they're my favorite band, and why they beat Metallica.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
20.03.2009 - 15:48
Silent Jay
Iron Maiden by far. More consistant material throughout (I even like the Blaze albums) compared to 'tallica.
27.03.2009 - 22:37
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Lucifer123 on 27.03.2009 at 21:16

They both are bullshit!!!:sleep:

I agree. Actually both are posers. Guys from Poison and Cinderella should have kicked the shit out of them long ago.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.04.2009 - 01:59
BuzzPhil
So different styles, I didn't vote because I can't compare them... On the first side you got New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and at the other side you got some Heavy Thrash Metal...
07.04.2009 - 10:01
Cliff 'em all
Account deleted
Not really comparable but i prefer Metallica. Maiden's awesome too.
07.04.2009 - 13:14
Beowulf
I like them both and since they are such different styles you can't really compare them. As far as overall influence though, i voted Maiden
17.04.2009 - 13:55
Metallica is god of music for EVER:bow:
18.04.2009 - 03:55
TormentoR.
Iron Maiden 251
Metallica 147

I CANT BELIVE THIS BLASPHEMY !
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
21.04.2009 - 02:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by TormentoR. on 18.04.2009 at 03:55

Iron Maiden 251
Metallica 147

*agrees*
Apparently people prefers a band that has released the same album like 20 times.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.04.2009 - 02:54
TormentoR.
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 21.04.2009 at 02:16

Iron Maiden 251
Metallica 147

*agrees*
Apparently people prefers a band that has released the same album like 20 times.

hell yea :S

i dont know whats so cool on iron maiden.. dont think i havent listened to them. in fact i have full discography and few concert dvd's.

they released like 15 times an "best of" witch for me is pure money hunger .. what else can i say hmm.. well yea i like some of their stuff.. but they re kinda boring and i HATE bruce , the vocals SUCKS !!!

really, they have cool stuff but Metallica is way better even if they stoped with their thrash crusade
and i think that st anger and load and other albums from metallica who aint pure thrash are better than iron maidens last album.. those dudes fucking take an old song and like " recycle " her , and put every next album..
they re just recycling songs on and on..

IRON MAIDEN = BOOOOOOOORINNG !!!!
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
21.04.2009 - 03:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by TormentoR. on 21.04.2009 at 02:54

Iron Maiden 251
Metallica 147

*agrees*

i dont know whats so cool on iron maiden.. dont think i havent listened to them. in fact i have full discography and few concert dvd's.

they released like 15 times an "best of" witch for me is pure money hunger .. what else can i say hmm.. well yea i like some of their stuff.. but they re kinda boring and i HATE bruce , the vocals SUCKS !!!

really, they have cool stuff but Metallica is way better even if they stoped with their thrash crusade
and i think that st anger and load and other albums from metallica who aint pure thrash are better than iron maidens last album.. those dudes fucking take an old song and like " recycle " her , and put every next album..

Finally somene (besides my GF) who agrees with me in this.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.04.2009 - 03:40
TormentoR.
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 21.04.2009 at 03:03

Written by TormentoR. on 21.04.2009 at 02:54

Iron Maiden 251
Metallica 147

*agrees*

Finally somene (besides my GF) who agrees with me in this.

yeah man! im glad too that im not the only one who thinks like this .. and i bet that like 70% of those who voted for Iron Maiden are the type of ppl who only listens to iron maiden .. or maybe few other bands - but mostly to iron maiden. grow up you fetuses !!
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
26.04.2009 - 17:58
behemoth_poland
Account deleted
Written by Powerslavex on 20.01.2009 at 21:01

Written by Saitenhexerin on 07.01.2009 at 21:26

you read my mind up the Irons:metal:

I agree!
26.04.2009 - 18:41
symbolic727
I would have to go with Metallica because Iron Maiden even though they definitely have there own sound they where just another band in the new wave of British heavy metal. When Metallica came out they started a whole new genera of metal and in that regard i would have to go with Metallica even though they sold out years later.
29.04.2009 - 13:08
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
This really shouldn't be all that tough to figure. Aside from most bands that are worth their years of learning their instruments (and a lot that are not), across the various scenes in metal Iron Maiden kicks the crap out of selloutica. Across the board writing wise, standing on musical quality, and by range of influence Maiden Definately if not Defiantly wins here!
----