Metal Storm logo
Favorite Katatonia Album?

Original post

Posted by Metal_Militia, 30.09.2008 - 07:26
//I've been listening to a lot of Katatonia recently and wondered what everyone's favorite Katatonia album is. Katatonia really helps me when I feel down and depressed. Even though a lot of the music is also depressing, it picks me up somehow. My favorite album from them is Discouraged Ones. I still like the older Katatonia like Brave Murder Day but Discouraged Ones has really helped me through some hard times and when I'm having some problems. It always gets me through the stage, especially I Break and Saw You Drown. Every song is really awesome but those two stick out. What do you all think?//

Poll

What is your favorite Katatonia album?

Brave Murder Day
The Great Cold Distance
Discouraged Ones
Dance of December Souls
Viva Emptiness
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Tonight's Decision

Total votes: 71
23.02.2012 - 18:23
Codera the Great
Account deleted
This is extremely tough since I love basically everything they've done. I may have to go with Dance of December Souls, followed very closely by Last Fair Deal Gone Down.
07.08.2012 - 01:37
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I am pretty much tied with Dance of December Souls and Discouraged Ones, however I voted for Discouraged Ones, since it truly is one of the most emotionally powerful albums I have heard from the band (that's saying a lot). Many of the vocal passages are among the most haunting I have ever heard from Jonas Renkse and the songs are hypnotic and beautiful.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.02.2013 - 07:29
whatsacow
Brave Murder Day probably should take this spot, but I just adore Viva Emptiness. It was the album that got me into them. Can I vote for a Diabolical masquerade album instead?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
03.02.2013 - 19:43
Seita
Account deleted
Written by CobiWan1993 on 07.08.2012 at 01:37

I am pretty much tied with Dance of December Souls and Discouraged Ones, however I voted for Discouraged Ones, since it truly is one of the most emotionally powerful albums I have heard from the band (that's saying a lot). Many of the vocal passages are among the most haunting I have ever heard from Jonas Renkse and the songs are hypnotic and beautiful.

Couldn't have said it better myself - that album is pretty much the musical epitome of despaired apathy. Discouraged Ones got my vote also.
11.02.2013 - 16:09
Sunioj
While I can appreciate anything pre - TGCD, it doesn't click with me on an aesthetic level for some reason. TGCD is just big, epic, great production and great songwriting. I'm sure old school fans would hate me, but I really worship the last 3 albums and almost never anything by them.
08.03.2013 - 18:34
Aristarchos
None of them are perfect but I will probably choose Great Cold Distance. Other bands have done doom death better, I think they had a sound that sounds more innovative later.
10.03.2013 - 00:20
clifford
Written by Warman on 18.11.2009 at 10:49

So far I have to go with "Tonight's Decision". It means a lot to me, I can relate to some songs and I bought it during a time when a lot went on in my life. And it's just so... I don't know, perfect in some ways I guess.

9 years old... A tough age.
----
Lonely roses whither and die....
10.03.2013 - 18:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by clifford on 10.03.2013 at 00:20

9 years old... A tough age.

Fun. Never said I bought it the same year it was released.
----
10.03.2013 - 18:50
Fritillaria
Account deleted
With no doubt Brave Murder Day