Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
29.05.2009 - 21:56
tulkas
el parcero
For some reason i don't like my beer with lemon, or the orange slice as bittercold names. i prefer it natural, nothing else in it, just the beer. besides, i don't like lemon, and it's even a worse crime when they put lemon in coca-cola no worse way to ruin it, imo
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.05.2009 - 22:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Dane Train on 29.05.2009 at 05:49

Amazing beer! Have you ever had it on tap? It is hard to find, but since I live in the #1 beer city in the USA, I know a place that has it.

i've had Fat Tire and Sunshine Wheat on tap. FT is good, I still really love Sunshine Wheat - although there is an issue with some pubs where they have a beer very very very similarly named (i forget what, it's like Sunrise Wheat or something) which i don't like to begin with - and it's served with an orange wedge to make it doubly unappealing... sometimes servers will confuse the two and i'll get stuck something that leaves me with some equivalent of Keystone's old "Bitter Beer Face" ads.

when out at a bar, usually that's time for more experimentation with what oddities they have on tap or just to stick to the old, non-seasonal, tried and true like Guinness or Sammy Adams. Beer that is always good.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.05.2009 - 22:20
ß
Problem?
Some of my favourites would be Alexander Keiths,Moosehead and Corona. Any recommendations on any other good beers that are well known enough that I could find here?
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
30.05.2009 - 17:02
Krankheit
Account deleted
As I said in the closed thread: Guinness. I like my beer dark. Since the first time I tasted Guinness, this beer have been my favorite. Lapin Kulta and Newcastle Brown Ale are good brands too.

I really enjoy checking out new beer brands. You can get a lot of foreign beer brands here in Norway.
31.05.2009 - 02:05
Gigginova
Account deleted
To have beer with lime seems like just SUCH A HOMOSEXUAL thing to do, serious beer drinkers should never ever do that.

But ummm, best beer, when I was in Europe last year I had this red Belgian Beer called Duvel. It's is orgasmic!
01.06.2009 - 00:43
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I've got to agree, putting ANYTHING else in your beer is blasphemy. My ex now drinks fosters... with blackcurrant squash in. Even though Fosters is shit it's still just wrong.

Anyway recently I've been drinking Becks. Good quality german lager but by no means the best beer. I love Newcastle Brown Ale, even though it certainly has it's own character it's still nowhere near the best, it's still kind of... I dunno... just above average really. There are so many great beers but I can't think of many of them right now... err... Black Sheep Bitter and Snecklifter are really nice. Tesco have started to stock some decent beers (Not just Carlsberg and crap like that) but you can't beat quality beer on tap, although you have to go out of the way to get it.
02.06.2009 - 02:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by BitterCOld on 29.05.2009 at 20:13

but it's not the best beer Mexico has to offer. i prefer Pacifico. in general, i'm not terribly thrilled with Mexican beers.

eh, Pacifico is alright but the best I've had by far is Negra Modelo. Pour that into a cup with chile rubbed around the rim and you have a tasty beer. It's a little pricey though :/
03.06.2009 - 13:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
My current favourite beer must be the Belgian Rochefort 10. Amazing trappist beer with an alcohol percentage of a round 11! The Rochefort 6 and 8 are good too, but no. 10 is just the best.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.06.2009 - 13:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by GT on 03.06.2009 at 13:53

My current favourite beer must be the Belgian Rochefort 10. Amazing trappist beer with an alcohol percentage of a round 11! The Rochefort 6 and 8 are good too, but no. 10 is just the best.

Although I prefer the 8 for its more refined taste of not too verpowering chocolate malt used.
Let them rest for a couple of years and they get even better.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 14:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 13:57

Although I prefer the 8 for its more refined taste of not too verpowering chocolate malt used.

No way I would be able to do that! But yeah when a beer get above 6% it's not going to get bad but only better with time. Actually Carlsberg saves a portion of every season brew the make (christmas, easter...) and stores it for several years, serving it to important visitors and business partners.
----

03.06.2009 - 14:11
baldur
theres nothing better than a cool fürstenberg pils

http://www.chnelle3.ch/fuerstenberg_premiumpilsener.jpg
03.06.2009 - 14:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by GT on 03.06.2009 at 14:00

No way I would be able to do that! But yeah when a beer get above 6% it's not going to get bad but only better with time. Actually Carlsberg saves a portion of every season brew the make (christmas, easter...) and stores it for several years, serving it to important visitors and business partners.

Go to the Carlsberg Brewery and visit their microbrewery there, those are way better than their christamas and easter beers.
Btw Denmark has heaps and heaps of GREAT BRILLIANT microbreweries and stouts, porters etc.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 14:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 14:16

Written by GT on 03.06.2009 at 14:00

Go to the Carlsberg Brewery and visit their microbrewery there, those are way better than their christamas and easter beers.
Btw Denmark has heaps and heaps of GREAT BRILLIANT microbreweries and stouts, porters etc.

I've actually never even visited the "real" Carlsberg yet, but yeah I've heard that the micro one should be well worth a visit and yeah their beers are way better. About the microbreweries in DK in general: yes we have some really good ones and new ones are coming to life almost every day. I was trying to keep up tasting as many as I could at some point, but had to give up. It's too expensive and my liver probably wouldn't be able to handle it Still prefer micro to Carlsberg/Tuborg (and other mainstream DK beers), but I guess it the same in The Netherlands
----

03.06.2009 - 14:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 03.06.2009 at 14:20

Still prefer micro to Carlsberg/Tuborg (and other mainstream DK beers), but I guess it the same in The Netherlands

imo that should be the case in just about every country in the world(where microbreweries exist that is : )
05.06.2009 - 00:52
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, I certainly am not a beer expert, but I can safely say I prefer Czech beers. (of those Ive tried so far) And among them my favorites are Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell, and another very popular beer in Czech Republic, Gambrinus. Ive tried the Krusovice too, one of the more famouse brands there, but didnt like it that much. Generaly all CZ beers are great, except, if you run into Pivson beer sometimes, avoid it, its shit. Another interesting one is called Červeny Drak (Red Dragon), its a RED beer with some interesting flavors in it, 6% alc., not something you would drink every day, but nice anyway.

Second, Ive tried lots of German lagers, though they dont suit me so well, but they are ok to drink anyway.
I generaly like dark beers, but I was disappointed with Guiness, which is great beer, but the problem is that coffee like aftertaste, and I cant stand coffee.

Concerning the Serbian beers, they arent anything special, I like the Jelen (Deer) beer the best, and it is also the most popular beer here.
----
05.06.2009 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stalker on 05.06.2009 at 00:52

Well, I certainly am not a beer expert, but I can safely say I prefer Czech beers. (of those Ive tried so far) And among them my favorites are Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell, and another very popular beer in Czech Republic, Gambrinus. Ive tried the Krusovice too, one of the more famouse brands there, but didnt like it that much. Generaly all CZ beers are great, except, if you run into Pivson beer sometimes, avoid it, its shit. Another interesting one is called Červeny Drak (Red Dragon), its a RED beer with some interesting flavors in it, 6% alc., not something you would drink every day, but nice anyway.

Second, Ive tried lots of German lagers, though they dont suit me so well, but they are ok to drink anyway.
I generaly like dark beers, but I was disappointed with Guiness, which is great beer, but the problem is that coffee like aftertaste, and I cant stand coffee.

Concerning the Serbian beers, they arent anything special, I like the Jelen (Deer) beer the best, and it is also the most popular beer here.

Gambinus has main sponsor to Czceh football, so drink it :p
Well Gambinus and ?koda is what I respect

Staropramen I sa wit in new shoop today, damn fucking cold rain, I bought whisky, but I gonna try it some time

Tell me more about Serbian beers , how many types you have there?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.06.2009 - 02:15
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.06.2009 at 01:24

Staropramen I sa wit in new shoop today, damn fucking cold rain, I bought whisky, but I gonna try it some time

You've never had Staropramen? even I've had it, and I live on the other side of the world where it ain even available (i had it through a beer fest)

it's good for like a hot sunny day....not too malty.
05.06.2009 - 02:27
Gigginova
Account deleted

Guinness is one of the top selling beers here in The Bahamas.
The 3 beers you can find anywhere in Bahamas are: Guinness, Heineken, Kalik (official Bahamian beer)
But with Guinness, i think it's a "macho thing" for young, black Bahamian males (not being racist......but truthfully Guinness is seen as the black people's beer in Bahamas lol).

Personally I don't think it's that great (but then again i not a fan of stouts), it tends to make me sick faster than other beers.
05.06.2009 - 11:14
Elio
Red Nightmare

Righ, I like coffe btw, but I don't want my beer to taste like it.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.06.2009 - 11:24
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Elio on 05.06.2009 at 11:14

i do get that. if you buy a beer it's probably because you want a beer, that would most likely taste like... beer, right?
----
05.06.2009 - 11:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by tulkas on 05.06.2009 at 11:24

Written by Elio on 05.06.2009 at 11:14

i do get that. if you buy a beer it's probably because you want a beer, that would most likely taste like... beer, right?

Yeah, right, you know. Neither I want a beer that tastes like coca cola. If I want coca cola I buy it
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.06.2009 - 11:40
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Guiness is one of the few beers I don't really like, but I heard that the Guiness you get in Ireland tastes a lot better than the one you get here in Austria.
05.06.2009 - 11:52
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 05.06.2009 at 11:40

Guiness is one of the few beers I don't really like, but I heard that the Guiness you get in Ireland tastes a lot better than the one you get here in Austria.

i've heard stuff like that, that even if it's the same product you buy in a different country is not really the same one. never really got that, if it is in fact true... or even if it isn't
----
05.06.2009 - 12:00
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by tulkas on 05.06.2009 at 11:52

Written by Diabolos on 05.06.2009 at 11:40

i've heard stuff like that, that even if it's the same product you buy in a different country is not really the same one. never really got that, if it is in fact true... or even if it isn't

I never tried it out, so I also can't say much about that, but if I'm in Ireland in the future I'll drink a Guiness for sure
06.06.2009 - 00:33
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Bad English on 05.06.2009 at 01:24

Well yeah, I think Gambrinus is among the most popular beer there, its relatively cheap yet pretty good beer.

Concerning the Serbian beer, we have 2 major breweries and lots of smaller ones, but those 2 (Lav pivo - Lion beer, and Jelen pivo - Deer beer) are the main concurrents. Generally all the beers here are "german school", and i talk about lagers, because they are the most common here, almost 99%.
Lav pivo reminds me of Czech Budweiser, though not that quality, its 5.2% alc and Jelen is 5%, little more bitter, and better taste and smell if you ask me. Also few years ago, MB beer was popular here, though almost nobody drinks it now, it was advertised as the best quality beer on the market but now is screwed up.
For the black beer, pretty good is Weifert beer, also a Serbian brand.

Anyway, all those who are interested, check out www.ratebeer.com for info about ANY beer in the world, the site is pretty good.
----
06.06.2009 - 14:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast

are there Romanian beers over there? how do they stand up to the Serbian/local ones?
06.06.2009 - 16:42
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 14:25

are there Romanian beers over there? how do they stand up to the Serbian/local ones?

You mean in Serbia?? To tell you the truth, I havent seen than anywhere here, they rarely import anything REALLY good, mostly hyper-production shit like Heineken, Tuborg and such. So I cant really compare our stuff to Romanian, since I didnt have the chance to try them
----
06.06.2009 - 17:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 06.06.2009 at 16:42

You mean in Serbia?? To tell you the truth, I havent seen than anywhere here, they rarely import anything REALLY good, mostly hyper-production shit like Heineken, Tuborg and such. So I cant really compare our stuff to Romanian, since I didnt have the chance to try them

ok then... i also can't say i tried Serbian or Bulgarian beers either
06.06.2009 - 18:00
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 17:31

Pity, for the both. I think Ive heard of some Romanian beer that is extremely good,on some serbian forums, but Ive forgot how it was called, you probably know what I mean??
----
06.06.2009 - 18:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 06.06.2009 at 18:00

Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 17:31

Pity, for the both. I think Ive heard of some Romanian beer that is extremely good,on some serbian forums, but Ive forgot how it was called, you probably know what I mean??

hmm, i don't know... maybe Silva(the most sweet-tasting Romanian beer of which i know), the other big brands are Ursus and Timisoreana (which is based in Timisoara, a city near the Serbian border, this could be the one they mentioned)