Metal Storm logo
Slavic Metal

Original post

Posted by APOHAKC, 26.01.2007 - 12:36
Well, these are not very famous metal bands but I like them a lot
Ashen Light - War Black Metal from Russia, great old school black metal mixed with some folk elements
Butterfly Temple - Pagan Folk Black Metal also from Russia, very popular in their country, great music with two different male vocals
Adultery - Black Folk Metal from Czech Republic, great band with much melodies, great lyrics and big hearts
Inferno - Old School Black Metal, many great musicians walked through this band, if you ever listened them you want forget their music
The Stone - Raw Old School Black Metal, my favorite, the best Serbish band, very fast and agressive band
May Result - Sympho Black/Death Metal, these guys are real artist, they play their metal with their hearts and that is why their music is something real special
Wolf's Hunger - War Black/Trash Metal, this is war black metal, that is all I will say about Veljko and guys
Gorthaur's Wrath - Black Metal, this is black metal band and they destroy everything with thir powerful music
Koziak - Metal, I don't know what to say about this band except Great!

Poll

Your favorite Slavinic band out of those:

The Stone (Ser)
Butterfly Temple (Rus)
Wolf's Hunger (Ser)
Adultery (Cze)
Koziak (Cro)
Ashen Light (Rus)
Inferno (Cze)
May Result (Ser)
Gorthaurs Wrath (Cro)

Total votes: 20
03.04.2007 - 23:18
Ernis
狼獾
Can't vote because I've never heard about any of these bands before...

Aronax...why haven't you added Holy Blood from Ukraine...they sing in Russian...and I love their music a lot....extremely admirable....
03.04.2007 - 23:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 03.04.2007 at 23:18

Can't vote because I've never heard about any of these bands before...

Aronax...why haven't you added Holy Blood from Ukraine...they sing in Russian...and I love their music a lot....extremely admirable....

I voundering it too, its goid and also Cristian band, in them home page are lil documentary video in Russian how vocalist after army staert listen metal, and also becamse satanist and then find God, its interesting if you understand Russian try it

@Anorax probobly you woud uinderstand it too so try video
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.04.2007 - 00:02
heavy_hr
Account deleted
Yeah, I go on almost all happenings in my city and didn't even heard for Gorthaurs Wrath. Voted for Koziak May result is also a great band, from some of the others heard maybe a song or two, but...huh...

I would also mention the great band from Croatia, Stribog, although they are releasing debut official album in few weeks, they are already very well known in Croatia.

There are so many great Russian bends too of this and similar genres, specially in Folk/Black branch. Most of them are far beyond those listed here...
04.04.2007 - 00:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=22808] on 04.04.2007 at 00:02

Yeah, I go on almost all happenings in my city and didn't even heard for Gorthaurs Wrath. Voted for Koziak May result is also a great band, from some of the others heard maybe a song or two, but...huh...

I would also mention the great band from Croatia, Stribog, although they are releasing debut official album in few weeks, they are already very well known in Croatia.

There are so many great Russian bends too of this and similar genres, specially in Folk/Black branch. Most of them are far beyond those listed here...

Well man ebst Croatian band are Crna Udovice, even I had one song I love it I also had some good mp3 ffromold Croatian metal bands from days when Dinamo and Hajduk can kick ass in Europe
But about BM bands haha when in MA I checked croatia I dounloud some mp3 and I love bands like ehh to many to mention, but Croatia ha swerry good scene
----

04.04.2007 - 00:17
heavy_hr
Account deleted
Yeah, I was meaning of BM. There are really good bands up here, but mostly everything is stopped after the first album or demo album. There is no money of it and people are too sellfish to do something right. I can just start to queue good rock/metal singers gone into some very poor pop or so...
My choice of best Croatian bend would be Divlje Jagode, well OK, they are originated from Bosnia&Herzegovina during ex-Yu, they were quite famous in US and Canada for some time, known as Wild Strawberries. Osmi Putnik and Opca Opasnost are also two heavy bands that stays in front of many. Definitely recommended, if you manage to find something...
04.04.2007 - 00:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=22808] on 04.04.2007 at 00:17

Yeah, I was meaning of BM. There are really good bands up here, but mostly everything is stopped after the first album or demo album. There is no money of it and people are too sellfish to do something right. I can just start to queue good rock/metal singers gone into some very poor pop or so...
My choice of best Croatian bend would be Divlje Jagode, well OK, they are originated from Bosnia&Herzegovina during ex-Yu, they were quite famous in US and Canada for some time, known as Wild Strawberries. Osmi Putnik and Opca Opasnost are also two heavy bands that stays in front of many. Definitely recommended, if you manage to find something...

I know I had check and read all lyrisc in MS about Hrv bands what I like and also there wa ssome bands who sing in Croatian mand ex Yuge scene are werry good IMO black, gothic and hevay metal
Wild Srauberies i know band
----

04.04.2007 - 11:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
Alright people, I was absent for some time, now I will answer your questions

1. First, Nokturnal Mortum, basically yes, they are Slavs, but as I already said, I put bands that are really singing in Slavic language, promote Slavic culture and paganism, NOT Satanism!, and bands that done some things for united Slavic UG scene and Nokturnal Mortum is not on the list of those bands, I don't say that they are bad band, I like them a lot, but they are just not for this poll.

2. Wow, this is about bands I didn't add, man too many bands and only 9 places, I should put other instead of some band, I know Hloy Blood but as I said above I don't think that they are perfect band for this poll, I know for Stribog from some friends but I puy little more famouse bands, I hope they will become more famous in the near future. As I said there are too little places on the poll and so much great bands: from Serbia and Croatia there are many good UG Black Metal bands like Slavogorje, Castrum, Unholy Inquisition... - Croatia and Simargal, Svatgren, Posmrtna Liturgija... - Serbia, Russia is huge source of great UG Black Metal - Rossomahar, Temnozor... Czech Republic too, I just love their scene and other Slavic countries have also great bands, that is why many bands that deserved place on this poll are missing...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.04.2007 - 18:49
|Angela|
Account deleted
I voted for Wolf's Hunger although it was a tough choice between them and Ashen Light. I haven't heard May Result and Inferno yet though.
04.04.2007 - 19:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=20559] on 04.04.2007 at 18:49

I voted for Wolf's Hunger although it was a tough choice between them and Ashen Light. I haven't heard May Result and Inferno yet though.

Wow, Wolf's Hunger got another vote I thought Himann is only peson outside Balkan to know their work
Anyway, you shoul find Inferno and May Result as soon as posible
----
04.04.2007 - 19:25
UnholyMenace
Psycho
From that list my vote goes to Butterfly Temple, because the band has been one of my favorite bands since I first listened to them. But outside the list my vote would go to Temnozor - probably one the best folk/black metal to come from Russia.
04.04.2007 - 19:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by UnholyMenace on 04.04.2007 at 19:25

From that list my vote goes to Butterfly Temple, because the band has been one of my favorite bands since I first listened to them. But outside the list my vote would go to Temnozor - probably one the best folk/black metal to come from Russia.

I couldn't agree more
----
04.04.2007 - 22:49
|Angela|
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 04.04.2007 at 19:18

Written by [user id=20559] on 04.04.2007 at 18:49

Wow, Wolf's Hunger got another vote I thought Himann is only peson outside Balkan to know their work
Anyway, you shoul find Inferno and May Result as soon as posible

Actually he's the one who got me their stuff. I thought they were really good. I'll try lol.
05.04.2007 - 00:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
I knew it
I promised I will give him more staff, but I totaly forget cause of my long absence...
----
05.04.2007 - 10:28
Reborn Nemesis
My vote goes to Koziak - they kicked ass on stage

But you should've put some other bands like Temnozor (as mentioned), Tvangeste from Russia, or Ashes You Leave, Deaf Auditorium, Forlorn Legacy, Death Of Folk, Nocturnal Crown, Darkendome, etc from Croatia

btw. I believe it should be "Slavic", not "Slavonic" metal
(Slavonic probably refers to Slavonija)
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
05.04.2007 - 11:52
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Reborn Nemesis on 05.04.2007 at 10:28

My vote goes to Koziak - they kicked ass on stage

But you should've put some other bands like Temnozor (as mentioned), Tvangeste from Russia, or Ashes You Leave, Deaf Auditorium, Forlorn Legacy, Death Of Folk, Nocturnal Crown, Darkendome, etc from Croatia

btw. I believe it should be "Slavic", not "Slavonic" metal
(Slavonic probably refers to Slavonija)

Bah, I know, I already create topic when I realised I wrote that anyway if you are from Slavonija it is better for you
I already wrote long explanation why all those bands are missing so... Maybe in Slavic Metal pat II but if that ever hapens I think that bands from Croatia will be Slavogorje and Kult Perunov, they have more relation with Slavic culture and mythologie than Ashes You Leave, of cause that don't mean that those bands are bad
----
07.04.2007 - 01:50
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Oh, I forgot to mention Lucifugum - their latest releases aren't much, but "On the Sortilage of Christianity" is really great album.
07.04.2007 - 02:24
Basso
Account deleted
Lucifugum's release Nakhristikhryaschakh is also brilliant. Highly recommended for fans of Goat Horns era nokturnal mortum
07.04.2007 - 02:31
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by [user id=5394] on 07.04.2007 at 02:24

Lucifugum's release Nakhristikhryaschakh is also brilliant. Highly recommended for fans of Goat Horns era nokturnal mortum

Actually Nakhristikhryaschakh and On the Sortilage of Christianity are the same album - I just gave the translated name version.
07.04.2007 - 17:37
Basso
Account deleted
Written by UnholyMenace on 07.04.2007 at 02:31

Written by [user id=5394] on 07.04.2007 at 02:24

Actually Nakhristikhryaschakh and On the Sortilage of Christianity are the same album - I just gave the translated name version.

I had no idea, maybe thats why I cant seem to find Nakhristikhryaschakh in my distros, it might have the translated name ^^.
09.04.2007 - 19:18
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by APOHAKC on 05.04.2007 at 00:23

I knew it
I promised I will give him more staff, but I totaly forget cause of my long absence...

And I'm still waiting lol!! They are really hard to find here. Everytime I ask my supplier about them he says "Huh? Wolf's Hunger?" lol.. And thats happened about 4 times already
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.04.2007 - 20:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Himann on 09.04.2007 at 19:18

I knew it

And I'm still waiting lol!! They are really hard to find here. Everytime I ask my supplier about them he says "Huh? Wolf's Hunger?" lol.. And thats happened about 4 times already

Hi man, I'll keep my promise, I just need a little more time.
I knew that you want find it easy there so I spoke to Veljko and he said that it would be totaly ok to upload you their albums, anyway I have problems with net and I am waiting someone to fix that . If you can''t wait few more days, or weeks, you can give me your adress or something so I can send you CDs... It is not a problem, anyway you want.
----
10.04.2007 - 19:34
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by APOHAKC on 09.04.2007 at 20:49

Written by Himann on 09.04.2007 at 19:18

I knew it

Hi man, I'll keep my promise, I just need a little more time.
I knew that you want find it easy there so I spoke to Veljko and he said that it would be totaly ok to upload you their albums, anyway I have problems with net and I am waiting someone to fix that . If you can''t wait few more days, or weeks, you can give me your adress or something so I can send you CDs... It is not a problem, anyway you want.

I'll wait no problem.. These days I have to go abroad and back a bit so its going to be complicated to send. I would like to have it in CD format though but I can wait no worries as long as I get it sometime My supplier will b relieved to hear that I dont want him to hunt for it all over earth!
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.04.2007 - 21:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
I have better idea, do you have MSN messenger, we can share files pretty fast there?
----
17.05.2007 - 15:33
Lathronniel
Argh u have put great bands so how can i choose?!
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
17.05.2007 - 15:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Lathronniel on 17.05.2007 at 15:33

Hahaha, I wanted to put Siniac to but there is already Macedonian BM poll.
Anyway, yes, it is hard to choose
I think I voted The Stone or Wolf's Hunger
----
17.05.2007 - 15:50
Lathronniel
Written by APOHAKC on 17.05.2007 at 15:40

Written by Lathronniel on 17.05.2007 at 15:33

Hahaha, I wanted to put Siniac to but there is already Macedonian BM poll.
Anyway, yes, it is hard to choose
I think I voted The Stone or Wolf's Hunger

ha! siniac aren't my favourites but like one track- wolfs and dogs or sth like that supporting )
i voted for The Stone...i'll hear wolf's hunger after u know what
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
19.05.2007 - 01:21
Milutin
Account deleted
Hmm... I was hoping I'll find Arkona (Rus) or Pagan Reign... I haven't heard this bands still.
19.05.2007 - 13:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=23107] on 19.05.2007 at 01:21

Hmm... I was hoping I'll find Arkona (Rus) or Pagan Reign... I haven't heard this bands still.

Yes, Arkona is awesome, but they are too famous for this poll. And Pagan Reign, well, I really don't know why I left them, maybe because I put accent on countries for south Europe, but your vote counts
----
24.01.2008 - 07:33
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
hey, where's nokturnal mortum?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
24.01.2008 - 16:41
APOHAKC
The Bard
ON the page one discussion..
----