Total votes: 247
20.09.2007 - 04:56
duyhung
Account deleted
The original songs are always the best. So undoubtedly i vote for Iron Maiden
20.09.2007 - 19:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I didnt hear all that you mentioned, but Im voting for original of course. Iced Earth's isnt bad IMO, and COF's has some nice moments, too.
----
20.09.2007 - 21:17
Deadsoulman
Elite
Oddly enough, as I don't usually like this band, I think the cradle Of Filth version has something in the atmosphere and the power that the original song doesn't have. I also think that for once the vocals fit pretty well this song. I especially enjoy the uncalled for "Motherfucker!" at the end of the intro lol
20.09.2007 - 21:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 20.09.2007 at 21:17

Oddly enough, as I don't usually like this band, I think the cradle Of Filth version has something in the atmosphere and the power that the original song doesn't have. I also think that for once the vocals fit pretty well this song. I especially enjoy the uncalled for "Motherfucker!" at the end of the intro lol

We better stop agreeing or else people might think weird stuff But I totally agree with your every single word here.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.09.2007 - 19:52
Robstar
I must say the version of Cradle of Filth... great energy ...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
23.09.2007 - 10:24
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
This is the dumbest fucking poll of all time. Iron Maiden did the fucking original, therefore it is the best. It is probably one of the greatest metal songs of all time. If you didn't vote for Iron Maiden's version, then you should probably get the fuck off this site. Sorry to be so agressive, but you are dumb as fuck if you don't vote for Iron Maiden's version.
24.09.2007 - 11:40
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff

Strange, that "Motherfucker" line is exactly what I despise about the CoF cover! But then again, CoF always has bored the piss outta me for the past 10 years, so it was hopeless from the beginning

The original is the only one worth listening to for me, and I'm no Iron Maiden fanboy. I still think a great cover has yet to be recorded - but will be.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
24.09.2007 - 12:16
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by [user id=823] on 23.09.2007 at 10:24

This is the dumbest fucking poll of all time. Iron Maiden did the fucking original, therefore it is the best. It is probably one of the greatest metal songs of all time. If you didn't vote for Iron Maiden's version, then you should probably get the fuck off this site. Sorry to be so agressive, but you are dumb as fuck if you don't vote for Iron Maiden's version.

To reply to another thread in this forum, I think this post above is proof that metalheads are not more clever than normal people.
26.09.2007 - 16:14
Judas
The Amputator
Iron Maiden cannot be outdone by anyone stated in this poll, especially when it's their own song we're talking about! I do agree with those who say that the Iced Earth version is really good though.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.09.2007 - 23:49
Angel-Dust
Account deleted
without a single doubt, Iron Maiden!
27.09.2007 - 19:22
BrightNight
Iced Earth has the most powerfull one. I like the original and the one of Iced Earth (somehow i didnt see you could chose Iron Maiden itself so i voted Iced Earth). Iced Earth´s playing style has something alike to Maidens. The cradle of filth version is cool in the beginning..

I think this topic would be more intresting if you could NOT vote Iron Maiden itself. Because otherwise its useless and is Iron Maiden itself ofcourse the winner!
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
30.09.2007 - 20:12
MadGatsu

My feelings exactly. Iron Maiden is my fav band, and certainly "Hallowed be Thy Name" is my fav song ever. But still, CoF's version has something that makes it even better! Voted for CoF.
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
02.10.2007 - 16:08
Woutjinho
Account deleted
you got to be kidden me. ofcourse Iron Maiden. the rest doesnt come even close
02.10.2007 - 16:56
Rusher
No doubt that the original version is the best one!
02.10.2007 - 19:29
MadGatsu
Written by Deadsoulman on 24.09.2007 at 12:16

To reply to another thread in this forum, I think this post above is proof that metalheads are not more clever than normal people.

I agree. Who the hell are you to insult people because of their opinions? You are the one that should "get the fuck off this site".
----
03.10.2007 - 17:48
Steel Lord
Account deleted
Maiden's original definitely beats the rest. Ever since I saw them play it live it has stuck with me as one of my favourite songs of all time. Iced Earth covered it well, but I'm afraid it's just no patch on the original.
08.10.2007 - 20:12
Fade-To-Black86
Account deleted
With all the respect I have for them, and being one of my 5 all-time favourite bands, I have to say that the original version lacks a bit of power and speed, things that in their concerts they improve a lot. Craddle's version has that power, and while the vocals are not my favourite, and I prefer the solo from the original, their version is the one that makes more impact in me, and makes me bang my head like a hammer:banger:
08.10.2007 - 23:27
MadGatsu
Written by [user id=19341] on 08.10.2007 at 20:12

With all the respect I have for them, and being one of my 5 all-time favourite bands, I have to say that the original version lacks a bit of power and speed, things that in their concerts they improve a lot. Craddle's version has that power, and while the vocals are not my favourite, and I prefer the solo from the original, their version is the one that makes more impact in me, and makes me bang my head like a hammer:banger:

Right on dude!
----
09.10.2007 - 23:26
Mustis
Account deleted
th eoriginal is the best but the cover i like most is the cradle of filth, dani did a great work with that song
20.10.2007 - 18:56
MaidenVarius
Account deleted

Do you feel very clever with that little comment? You shouldn't, this is nothing about cleverness, bringing up cleverness has nothing to do with this. I was simply pointing out how stupid this thread is. Maiden's version is the original, and plenty of people agree with me, that this thread is indeed stupid as fuck. So your little comments are hence stupid as fuck. Your comments do nothing, the whole point of a thread is to share opinion. My opinion is that if you don't vote for the original you are stupid as fuck. It is by far the best because well let's face it, CoF is not a very good band, in fact they are horrible, Iced Earth is great but even their version doesn't touch the fucking original. So leave your dumb little fucking comments to yourself, because honestly buddy you need to get a fucking life, to make such a pointless and idiotic comment as that. You of all people should know, CoF doesn't even come close to Maiden. So thank you for your vain comments, and sorry to those who are simply giving their opinion, the point of this site. Also Maiden's version is one of the best metal songs of all time, you make a mockery of metal to say otherwise.
21.10.2007 - 02:58
Apollyon
Account deleted
seriously if you dont choose the original you are a true poser
21.10.2007 - 03:34
MadGatsu
Written by [user id=823] on 20.10.2007 at 18:56

Do you feel very clever with that little comment? You shouldn't, this is nothing about cleverness, bringing up cleverness has nothing to do with this. I was simply pointing out how stupid this thread is. Maiden's version is the original, and plenty of people agree with me, that this thread is indeed stupid as fuck. So your little comments are hence stupid as fuck. Your comments do nothing, the whole point of a thread is to share opinion. My opinion is that if you don't vote for the original you are stupid as fuck. It is by far the best because well let's face it, CoF is not a very good band, in fact they are horrible, Iced Earth is great but even their version doesn't touch the fucking original. So leave your dumb little fucking comments to yourself, because honestly buddy you need to get a fucking life, to make such a pointless and idiotic comment as that. You of all people should know, CoF doesn't even come close to Maiden. So thank you for your vain comments, and sorry to those who are simply giving their opinion, the point of this site. Also Maiden's version is one of the best metal songs of all time, you make a mockery of metal to say otherwise.

You are aware thats only your opinion, and that other ppl are allowed to have their own right? Stop being such an ass. I love Maiden, i like CoF and i dont give a fuck if u think they suck or not. But i dont like being called stupid just because i prefer certain versions. And the same applies to the poster right above me. What does being a poser have anything to do with liking a cover better than the original? You guys are the fanboy-ignorants here, not people giving their own humble opinions. Fuck this! Stupid ass arguments.
----
21.10.2007 - 05:30
Apollyon
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 21.10.2007 at 03:34

Written by [user id=823] on 20.10.2007 at 18:56

You are aware thats only your opinion, and that other ppl are allowed to have their own right? Stop being such an ass. I love Maiden, i like CoF and i dont give a fuck if u think they suck or not. But i dont like being called stupid just because i prefer certain versions. And the same applies to the poster right above me. What does being a poser have anything to do with liking a cover better than the original? You guys are the fanboy-ignorants here, not people giving their own humble opinions. Fuck this! Stupid ass arguments.

ok, so you're not stupid, you're just a poser, theres nothing wrong with liking a cover better than the original, well it does when the band playing the cover is Cradle of Filth, you cant call me an ignorant if you listen to Cradle of Filth, eh well you have your opinion I have mine, whatever, couldnt care less
22.10.2007 - 08:53
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I find it wrong when people find a cover better than the original and that is simply how I feel, if you can't accept it than fuck off. Most of you need to quit being whiney little bitches about this. So what if I think it's wrong, so what if I think you're a fucking retard for liking a cover better than the original, that doesn't mean it's going to change your mind. All of you need to stop being whiney little cunts about this and trying to be all smart, and deal with my opinion. So what if it's arrogant, who cares, doesn't mean I won't stand by it. I completely agree with Apollyon here. This is a stupid argument, and whatever I say, I know won't change anyone's mind, but I think I have a right to be unintelligible here when the poll in question is which hallowed be thy name is better, seriously people get a fucking clue.
22.10.2007 - 22:34
Hellish Star
Nothing can beat the original... Best song Iron Maiden ever wrote...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
22.10.2007 - 23:41
theseventh
Account deleted
I'd go for the one Cradle of filth did. I'm not a big fan of that band, but that cover is just brilliant! And the manga-scroll movie that goes with it is awesome too!
03.11.2007 - 05:35
M Graves
Account deleted
Antim Grahan!
Love the intro..
Love their cover..
Love the band!
27.11.2007 - 12:32
the prisoner
nothing can better the original by Maiden!
28.11.2007 - 23:39
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26136] on 02.10.2007 at 16:08

you got to be kidden me. ofcourse Iron Maiden. the rest doesnt come even close

Hey we agree on something.

The original version of Hallowed, specifically the Beast over Hammersmith version is probably the essential version of this particular song. COF, albeit nailing the overall atmosphere of the song, is devoid of any energy whatsoever. The fire Maiden had at Hammersmith is completely untouchable, by any band, even Maiden themselves.

I have nothing against COF whatsoever, unlike alot of metal fans these days.
28.11.2007 - 23:42
Timsen
Account deleted
Iron Maiden of course...
I do not know all the versions in the poll but this is one of Maiden's greatest songs!
If i were able to, I'd prohibit covering it ;-)