Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2015

Original post

Posted by Alex F, 01.12.2014 - 19:17
I've already seen a bunch of 2015 releases being announced, and even streaming in full in some locations, so I figured I'd go ahead and create a place for those releases to be posted. To start we'll have the new Swamp Witch album The Slithering Bog. It's a sludge filled doom album that simply slays, and is streaming in its' entirety on the Swamp Witch bandcamp page. The official release date (for the physical versions) is February 20th, 2015.

10.11.2015 - 19:56
mz
Sunn O)) fb page shared this. Don't know what it is really. Drone pop with metals in it:

----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.11.2015 - 21:42
Paz
Elite
Just pre-ordered my limited woodbox CD and I'm sick of waiting...

If you wish, the second single is streaming over here.
10.11.2015 - 21:43
mz
More:

progy post rock with drone aesthetic:

Dreare- Blank and Forward

Now, Boobs of Doom drone metal. The music itself is much better than what you expect from the band name:

Boobs of DOOM-06. (​(​(​BLACK HOLE​)​)​)

----
10.11.2015 - 21:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Definitely better than what I was expecting ^

The art on that first one is massively gorgeous. Will listen to that in a bit.

[edit]

Seems like fairly nice instrumental stuff. Maybe taking a bit too long to get to interesting bits though.
11.11.2015 - 23:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
New Zuriaake album for those interested.
I know I am =p

Damn, I missed these guys. Listening to the new record is like going to my teens again
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.11.2015 - 00:44
Paz
Elite
Karlito, you fucked up the link

As for the content, I really wish the music was as fun as their costumes... But unfortunately, it is not. The occasional Chinese folk instruments are enjoyable but that's about it.
12.11.2015 - 01:14
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Paz on 12.11.2015 at 00:44

Karlito, you fucked up the link

As for the content, I really wish the music was as fun as their costumes... But unfortunately, it is not. The occasional Chinese folk instruments are enjoyable but that's about it.

loopsfixedshouldbeworkingnow

And no. This is better than Fen =p
----
- Reimu Hakurei
12.11.2015 - 07:43
Sang Dalang Abu
If you enjoy Funerals from the Astral Sphere then this is your choice.

12.11.2015 - 10:19
Paz
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 12.11.2015 at 01:14

This is better than Fen =p

I know you mention this with sarcasm, but you could do better - that's not my fave band after all! Every sane human being knows that they're definetly better though
13.11.2015 - 00:50
mz
Drone:
" Composed & performed 1974 by Ivan Ivanovich in Vostok Zero. Recorded 1974 by the Soviet Space Programme at Baikonur Cosmodrome in the Soviet Union. Digitally remastered 2012 by Thomas Jude Barclay Morrison"

The Soviet Space Programme-Space Is Hell

This one: black metal in addition to other things. Good cover, too.
HIVELORDS-Tapered Limbs of a Human Star

----
14.11.2015 - 02:12
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Corrections House - Know How to Carry a Whip
For those who don't know it's a band featuring members of garage and non-important sludge bands like Neurosis, Yakuza and Eyehategod.
I remember their first album being more sludge, but this seems like sort of an industrial/experimental metal. Quite interesting, I guess
----
- Reimu Hakurei
14.11.2015 - 02:47
mz
This is done by the frontman of weakling. Very lo-fi, but I like it

Dispirit-Separation

Some very chaotic and WFT black metal. Still don't really know if I like or hate it.

Mastery-VALIS

----
14.11.2015 - 03:39
mz
Written by Karlabos on 14.11.2015 at 02:12

Corrections House - Know How to Carry a Whip
For those who don't know it's a band featuring members of garage and non-important sludge bands like Neurosis, Yakuza and Eyehategod.
I remember their first album being more sludge, but this seems like sort of an industrial/experimental metal. Quite interesting, I guess

That description is appealing. Should try it ASAP.
----
14.11.2015 - 21:39
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Ole English psychedelic rock atmospheres fused with funeral doom. Can get a bit too long for some think ala Chelsea Wolfe vibes in getting lost into
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

16.11.2015 - 00:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
New Al Namrood album
----
- Reimu Hakurei
16.11.2015 - 01:06
mz
Written by Karlabos on 16.11.2015 at 00:56

Just a question: what the fuck does your signature mean?
I like it, btw.
----
16.11.2015 - 01:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 16.11.2015 at 01:06

Written by Karlabos on 16.11.2015 at 00:56

Just a question: what the fuck does your signature mean?
I like it, btw.

It's a quote from a game called Undertale. There's a mushroom which does a dumb dance and after speaks some slightly disturbing things in contrast. The speech changes depending on what you've done during the game.
It's a pretty neat game, if you like indie stuff
----
- Reimu Hakurei
16.11.2015 - 20:07
Paz
Elite
In case you have missed it:

16.11.2015 - 20:39
mz
Written by Karlabos on 16.11.2015 at 01:51

It's a quote from a game called Undertale. There's a mushroom which does a dumb dance and after speaks some slightly disturbing things in contrast. The speech changes depending on what you've done during the game.
It's a pretty neat game, if you like indie stuff

That sounds cool.
----
16.11.2015 - 21:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 16.11.2015 at 20:07

In case you have missed it:

Sounds like some pretty badass synthy death doom.
17.11.2015 - 03:32
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Retro death, but the good kind

17.11.2015 - 05:40
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Senegal Grindcore Mafia has just released their debut album for free download. They are not from Senegal, they don't play grindcore and I'm not sure about the mafia bit, but they have released one of the best albums this year if not the best.
This is a side project from the guys of Los Random, they were nominated for Best Avantgarde last year. This project is groove/sludge mainly though, DM-like at times with a lot of surprises here and there, absolutely recommended.

http://lasenegal.bandcamp.com/
Free Download

19.11.2015 - 00:56
Risto
Wandering Midget
Texas based prog death metal band Turbid North just announced an album stream for Eyes Alive! Seamless track changes the whole way, so reserving a good 45 minutes is recommended.

EDIT: Prog sludge after the 15 minute mark, actually.

19.11.2015 - 17:12
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
^ Cool. I've enjoyed Turbid North's last album and didn't know there's a new one, will check it out for sure

Since I have to recommend something...

non-modern Death metal with a not too clean production. Slightly doomy at times
----
loves 小巫
20.11.2015 - 21:00
mz
Some unusual black metal, described as darkwave/BM. I really do not know what darkwave is, so you might want to check it by yourself. Quiet good and fun:

Conjuro Nuclear-Reacciones Paganas (2015)

----
20.11.2015 - 21:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 20.11.2015 at 21:00

Some unusual black metal, described as darkwave/BM. I really do not know what darkwave is, so you might want to check it by yourself. Quiet good and fun:

Conjuro Nuclear-Reacciones Paganas (2015)

Really nice. Sounds like they're drawing a bit from Dead Can Dance (who seem to be a huge influence / favourites of metal bands. The Ruins of Beverast covered them too).
21.11.2015 - 01:03
mz
Written by [user id=4365] on 20.11.2015 at 21:56

Really nice. Sounds like they're drawing a bit from Dead Can Dance (who seem to be a huge influence / favourites of metal bands. The Ruins of Beverast covered them too).

Yeah I love how cheerful it is. Also, check their previous record, too. Seems to be at least on par with this one (note: not heard it completely). About DCD: heard their name many times and never checked them. Think that I might do it soon.
So, do you think that darkwave classification is correct?
Btw, I think Che might also like this. Let's throw it at his face
----
21.11.2015 - 03:38
Vombatus
Potorro
Conjuro Nuclear is neat stuff. Love the guitar/key melodies and how the vocals are buried deep behind.
21.11.2015 - 03:46
mz
Sludge/ stoner. Very nice, although not a novelty maybe. Extremely dynamic for the genre.Good psycheledic tunes:

CHRCH-Unanswered Hymns

Female fronted stoner/ retro doom.

Pyre of the Earth- Mountain Temple

----
21.11.2015 - 04:56
Diverge
Anyone who is seriously missing contributions from Karnivool, Enochian Theory, Eden Circus and the like should consider Quiet Child. It's not the greatest album in the style, but I think I prefer it to the most recent output by Caligula's Horse.

http://quietchild1.bandcamp.com/album/the-ever-present-shadow

I've also been really digging Our Oceans (featuring Tymon Kruidenier of Cynic and Exivious and band members of Dodecahedron, Ulsect and Mourn). Good stuff for the prog-heads of Metal Storm.

http://ouroceansband.bandcamp.com/