Metal Storm logo
Metal's Greatest Hero.

Original post

Posted by Hermann Langke, 31.10.2009 - 10:46
Metal wouldn't be what it is now without it's great Heroes.Now,who would be your representative for the title of "Metal's Greatest Hero" ?

Poll

Who,according to you,is the greatest ever Metal Hero?

Others
Steve Harris
Ronnie James Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
James Hetfield
Rob Halford
Dave Mustaine
Dimebag Darrell [R.I.P.]
Rudolf Schenker

Total votes: 286
07.11.2009 - 14:00
Hetfield's just an asshole! not a hero!!! Dave and Dimebag ROCK!
07.11.2009 - 14:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha yeah, Mustaine has never been an asshole. :
----
07.11.2009 - 17:58
Frankenchrist
Lemmy Kilmister hands.fucking.down.
----
Blat Blat
08.11.2009 - 20:39
I think you're missing Chuck Schuldiner man... he'd get my vote
09.11.2009 - 09:50
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Disposable Heroe on 08.11.2009 at 20:39

He is great.
10.11.2009 - 02:26
Mother_North
Tony Iommi m/
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
10.11.2009 - 23:42
ColdasagravE
It either comes down to Death's very own Chuck Schuldiner or Dave Suzuki from Vital Remains.
12.11.2009 - 17:10
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by ColdasagravE on 10.11.2009 at 23:42

It either comes down to Death's very own Chuck Schuldiner or Dave Suzuki from Vital Remains.

Chuck was and is great.
13.11.2009 - 06:39
MetallicA
Written by [user id=36287] on 02.11.2009 at 19:11

I just say ozzy (since iommi isnt an option) because he "created" metal, and is the first big icon in metal, besides satan

yeah I went with him as well for this reason.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
14.11.2009 - 09:56
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by MetallicA on 13.11.2009 at 06:39

Written by [user id=36287] on 02.11.2009 at 19:11

I just say ozzy (since iommi isnt an option) because he "created" metal, and is the first big icon in metal, besides satan

yeah I went with him as well for this reason.

Ozzy is the John Lennon of Metal.
16.11.2009 - 05:10
Conemetal
I voted to Ronnie James Dio, but I agree: you are missing Chuck Schuldiner and Tommy Iommi, I think Peter Tägtgren is a hero of metal too
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
16.11.2009 - 10:15
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Conemetal on 16.11.2009 at 05:10

I voted to Ronnie James Dio, but I agree: you are missing Chuck Schuldiner and Tommy Iommi, I think Peter Tägtgren is a hero of metal too

Agreed with you.
16.11.2009 - 15:25
Winter Wolf
Written by Disposable Heroe on 08.11.2009 at 20:39

That is Pretty true
And one great man : Tony Iomy I think He is the hero.strong and perfect. God love him!!
17.11.2009 - 17:20
BrightNight
My god, The simple fact that the greatest metal hero of all is not on this list makes this worthless to me. This topic should be named "Who,according to you,is the greatest ever Metal Hero IN THIS LIST?"

Not mentioning Tony Iommi in this list is unforgivable ofcourse. He created heavy metal and without him there would not even be the Ozzy Osbourne, Dimebag Darrel or James hetfield as we know them. Lets not forget that Dio got major attention through Tony Iommi to get where he now is.....on the other hand maybe Iommi should not be in this "hero" list at all...since he is the goddamn messiah and way above hero status.

Tony Iommi first...then for a long time nothing at all.....after this empty gap then we start talking about numbers 2 and 3.

My list would include Chuck Schuldiner (godfather of death metal) and some others to....also, Jeff Hanneman should be enlisted for the sole reason of writing Angel Of Death. Apart from these unforgivable missers in a metal hero list, the other names in the list are pretty fair.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
17.11.2009 - 22:05
CreeperDeath
Serj. That's it
18.11.2009 - 09:37
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by BrightNight on 17.11.2009 at 17:20

My god, The simple fact that the greatest metal hero of all is not on this list makes this worthless to me. This topic should be named "Who,according to you,is the greatest ever Metal Hero IN THIS LIST?"

Not mentioning Tony Iommi in this list is unforgivable ofcourse. He created heavy metal and without him there would not even be the Ozzy Osbourne, Dimebag Darrel or James hetfield as we know them. Lets not forget that Dio got major attention through Tony Iommi to get where he now is.....on the other hand maybe Iommi should not be in this "hero" list at all...since he is the goddamn messiah and way above hero status.

Tony Iommi first...then for a long time nothing at all.....after this empty gap then we start talking about numbers 2 and 3.

My list would include Chuck Schuldiner (godfather of death metal) and some others to....also, Jeff Hanneman should be enlisted for the sole reason of writing Angel Of Death. Apart from these unforgivable missers in a metal hero list, the other names in the list are pretty fair.

I am talking in a general perspective.I personally say it's Iommi hands down,but Ozzy gave a lot to Metal and not just on the music level.All the controversies like the PMRC and all that crap.He was accused of corrupting the youth in the 80's.He peed on the Alamo statue.He also gave us real good music.Now for Dio,he gave us Power Metal.He qualifies for this list solely because of his powerful voice and he gave us the DEVIL'S HORNS
18.11.2009 - 19:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by CreeperDeath on 17.11.2009 at 22:05

Serj. That's it

piss myself lauphing.
18.11.2009 - 22:11
BrightNight
Written by Hermann Langke on 18.11.2009 at 09:37

I am talking in a general perspective.I personally say it's Iommi hands down,but Ozzy gave a lot to Metal and not just on the music level.All the controversies like the PMRC and all that crap.He was accused of corrupting the youth in the 80's.He peed on the Alamo statue.He also gave us real good music.Now for Dio,he gave us Power Metal.He qualifies for this list solely because of his powerful voice and he gave us the DEVIL'S HORNS

Yes your totally right about these facts but i was just complaining about Iommi.....he should be in the hero's list thats all.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
19.11.2009 - 14:31
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by BrightNight on 18.11.2009 at 22:11

Written by Hermann Langke on 18.11.2009 at 09:37

Yes your totally right about these facts but i was just complaining about Iommi.....he should be in the hero's list thats all.

Iommi is a great guitar player,period.
19.11.2009 - 14:45
Angel Of Mercy
The whole of Iron Maiden? (not just steve) and Cliff Burton, as much as an ass he was and the rest off Metallica, he was an amazing bassist.
----
Your time will come.
19.11.2009 - 14:57
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 19.11.2009 at 14:45

The whole of Iron Maiden? (not just steve) and Cliff Burton, as much as an ass he was and the rest off Metallica, he was an amazing bassist.

I cannot give all of them.
19.11.2009 - 14:58
Angel Of Mercy
Written by Hermann Langke on 19.11.2009 at 14:57

Written by Angel Of Mercy on 19.11.2009 at 14:45

I cannot give all of them.

True. I Just think the whole of maiden (minus baily)

Are metal heros.

Rob halford?
----
Your time will come.
19.11.2009 - 15:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
There's just to many to mention.
----
19.11.2009 - 15:17
Angel Of Mercy
Totally agreed Warman.
----
Your time will come.
19.11.2009 - 16:30
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Really didnt liked this topic! Rudolf Schenker WTF? so where is John Bon Jovi man? huhu
19.11.2009 - 21:28
I voted for Mustaine I think he is an big mutherfuckin asshole, but he is complete artist. i think Lemmy is the original metalhead of all times!
20.11.2009 - 11:04
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by [user id=31891] on 19.11.2009 at 16:30

Really didnt liked this topic! Rudolf Schenker WTF? so where is John Bon Jovi man? huhu

He is the guitarist with the biggest band of all time from mainland Europe and Besides who can forget "Winds of Change" .
20.11.2009 - 22:43
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hermann Langke on 20.11.2009 at 11:04

He is the guitarist with the biggest band of all time from mainland Europe and Besides who can forget "Winds of Change" .

I love scorpions! but cant see any heroic thing in this band for metal. you didnt put Iommi man! where is Slash? and a lot of others? I know that you cant put all of them here but some of them are really needed here
21.11.2009 - 09:25
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.11.2009 at 22:43

I love scorpions! but cant see any heroic thing in this band for metal. you didnt put Iommi man! where is Slash? and a lot of others? I know that you cant put all of them here but some of them are really needed here

I don't think Gn'R can qualify as a Metal band.They do come very close.
21.11.2009 - 17:11
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hermann Langke on 21.11.2009 at 09:25

Written by [user id=31891] on 20.11.2009 at 22:43

I don't think Gn'R can qualify as a Metal band.They do come very close.

Awwww, Scorions is a metal band? wow