Metal Storm logo
What was your first album?

Original post

Posted by Don Martin, 27.03.2010 - 21:21
What was the first metal album you have ever bought/gotten. Write a litte story on how you got it too ,please.

For me it prolly was Iron Maiden's first one. My dad took me to the metalshop and handed me this record, "Here kid, this is for you." And I put it in the car's cd player and skipped to Running Free because my dad said it was the best track. My jaw dropped.
05.05.2011 - 20:17
Ghostdancer
Written by Ghostdancer on 28.04.2011 at 22:29

Kiss "Animalize"
Not metal enough?
Scorpions "Love at First Sting"
Still not metal enough?
Iron Maiden "Powerslave"

All on cassette...all in 1984.

LP Kiss - Love Gun somewhere in the early 80s

CD Death - Leprosy 1988
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
13.05.2011 - 10:30
Silent Jay
The first album I can recall anyone giving to me as a gift would be Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son on CD from my parents. The first album I ever bought with my own money would be (Though its not Metal...) Nirvana's In Utero on CD. Though I did have Iron Maiden's first seven albums on cassette given to me by my uncle sometime either before the SSoaSS CD or just after it.
13.05.2011 - 22:08
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
First Metal album I ever bought was Blizzard of Oz.
17.05.2011 - 02:31
king_matt
System of a Down - System of a Down.

First metal band I could actually get into.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
21.05.2011 - 06:09
GroundZero
Metallica - Kill 'Em All

This version had 2 additional songs: (11) Am I Evil? and (12) Blitzkrieg.

I exchange a Gerardo (RAP) album for Metallica's Kill 'Em All one, a good deal , I think.

Later I bought Metallica's ...And Justice For All
28.05.2011 - 10:31
Oh man... I'm going to have to think about this for a minute.

I suppose my first "metal album" would have been System of a Down's "Hynotize." Mind you, I'm using the term "metal" loosely.
I was probably thirteen, and I'd begun to expand my musical horizons, since I was getting bored of the run of the mill classic rock that I'd been raised on. I liked System of a Down's sound, especially their Toxicity-period stuff, and my parents got me that album for Christmas. It rocked my world, and it steered my tastes into a lot of the '90s alternative music that my friends and family were into.

This next story is the story that I'll actually acknowledge when asked which was my first metal album. Around age fifteen, however, I'd started to get some interest in heavy metal, mainly '80s Metallica, as well as Black Sabbath. I saved up my allowance and went down to the music store in my hometown and found Metallica, where I picked up Ride the Lightning. It was the heaviest thing I'd ever experienced, and it's what really set me down the metal path.
30.05.2011 - 05:10
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I think it was pananoid black sabbath
30.05.2011 - 18:00
Tetravirulence
I remember Metallica's one live album i cant remember the name
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
30.05.2011 - 18:08
(((O)))
My first album was Tool - Lateralus, I am a huge fan of Tool so I decided to buy it and it was awesome back then and it's still awesome now.
30.05.2011 - 19:29
My first metal album was Metallica - Ride the Lightning, I got it for X-Mas when I was 10 years old and haven't looked back since.
----
Neurosis and Metal since '87
01.06.2011 - 14:41
GekkOtacon
Well, I think it was System Of A Down- Toxicity, at the time I was like 13 or 14.

But the first metal cd that I bought and still consider good is Wishmaster from Nightwish.
01.06.2011 - 15:31
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by GroundZero on 21.05.2011 at 06:09

Metallica - Kill 'Em All

This version had 2 additional songs: (11) Am I Evil? and (12) Blitzkrieg.

I exchange a Gerardo (RAP) album for Metallica's Kill 'Em All one, a good deal , I think.

Later I bought Metallica's ...And Justice For All

Lol if I were the guy who traded with you, i'd have you arrested for robbery
09.06.2011 - 02:47
Evilquince
The first one I was given was Nightwish - Once, a few months after its release. I was still a kid, as well as the friend who gave it to me. She told me about opera metal and I just stood there amazed, since I couldn't imagine such a combination at the time it was literally the only thing I listened to in next 6 months xD it might not be as good as Oceanborn or Century Child, but it has a very special place in my heart.
And about 2 or 3 years later, the first CD I've bought with my own money, was Maiden's 7th Son; I still miss a few albums to fulfill the collection <3
----
Some suffer to the point when they grow numb.
Others are so numb they deserve to suffer.
11.06.2011 - 01:41
Dies Irae
One time I when went to Austria (some kind of a shopping trip) I spent around 180 euros on albums only...I'm the kind of a girl who doesn't really care about spending her money on clothes, shoes etc. just for pleasure/fun. I'll buy either CD-s or books when I plan to spend the money on something I like.
So I bought Pantera - Cowboys From Hell, Pantera -Reinventing the Steel, Apocalyptica - Cult (special ed.), Blind Guardian -Battalions of Fear and Dream Theater - Awake
Everyone returned from their shopping with huge paper bags and there was me, standing with only one small plastic bag but it meant a world to me ^^
14.06.2011 - 00:57
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Motörhead - Bomber 1979 , I was 7 years young
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
14.06.2011 - 15:54
Atticus
Tape: Scorpions - Love At First Sting

After i was born, they brought me home from the hospital, my dad was partying with his friends and this tape was playing the track "Crossfire". Then, at four years old when i began experimenting with tapes, my dad gave this one to me to listen to it, and told me the story which sticked with me all these years.
----
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lon
04.07.2011 - 03:38
Pazu
Dream Theater - Images and Words

Luckily, I had the internet on my side already, so I could start with one of the greatest pieces of music in history. It is weird though. Dream Theater is far from being my favorite band. They generally sound too soft for me, and are often pretty cheesy. However, this one album just has something about it, I just can't describe it. I don't know why I can't enjoy Awake or Metropolis Pt. 2 nearly as much.
04.07.2011 - 14:08
Sean 79
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
04.07.2011 - 16:12
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I never started with an album. Just a couple of Maiden and Metallica songs.
04.07.2011 - 22:52
Jesus Christ
Metallica-Master of Puppets. The next album was the next day. Dokken-Back For The Attack and Kingdom Come-S/t.
05.07.2011 - 02:39
Mattybu
I went to the store and bought Metallica's Kill 'Em All a few years back. From hearing other stuff thought it would be a good choice... and damn was it!
05.07.2011 - 08:53
slinx
Richard Marx - Greatest Hits

Otherwise my metal career was started off with Children Of Bodom's 'Are You Dead Yet?' and then 'Follow The Reaper'
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
10.07.2011 - 22:25
Fade To Black
My first album was All killer no filler by Sum 41 (Lame, I know) The first metal bum i bought was "Countdown to Extinction" and it was the best decision I ever made.
11.07.2011 - 06:40
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
It was either Rust In Peace by Megadeth or Diary of a Madman by Ozzy.
Can never remember which.
11.07.2011 - 07:22
diaminder
Approximately at the same time I've got 2 CDs: Yngwie Malmsteen - Trilogy and Children of Bodom - Something Wild. Both of them made a great impression on my 15 (at that moment) years old mind
14.07.2011 - 03:35
Metal_4Ever
My first one was The Black Halo from Kamelot
My second was Karma
My third was Ghost Opera
15.07.2011 - 22:16
FinnishSammich
I got System of a Down's self titled album as a christmas present.
26.12.2011 - 02:48
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Limp Bizkit - Chocholate Starfish And The Hotdog Flavored Water.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.12.2011 - 16:26
Sacrificial
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
26.12.2011 - 17:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands II - The Dark Secret