Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
21.10.2006 - 19:13
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, I know how it is to not be as into something as you used to be then get pulled right back into it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.10.2006 - 20:04
Twist
Twisted Kid
Eminem is actually very good. I haven't listened to Encore that much,but I loved The Eminem Show,that album had such great songs,with one song having a guitar solo too. Does anyone else like his music?
----
Is this where we suffer LOL
27.10.2006 - 00:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Twist on 26.10.2006 at 20:04

Eminem is actually very good. I haven't listened to Encore that much,but I loved The Eminem Show,that album had such great songs,with one song having a guitar solo too. Does anyone else like his music?

Actually, I was Listening to Eminem and the Beastie Boys Long before I wanted to admit to myself that I like Rap, I wanted to think they were Different somehow, when the only difference was is that they're not Black. Since then, I've gotten a Clue and come to love Rap of all Kinds. Eminem is definitley one of my favorites, and the Eminem Show Is really good. He's probaby one of the most Lyrically Inclined in the Biz, and he works with Dre, Who Is Probably the Very Best Producer in the Biz, I thought that Encore sucked though.....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.10.2006 - 14:21
Basso
Account deleted
Im sorry to say this but I cant stand rap other than "Rage Against The machine". Other than that ... sorrry I just cant take it, so boring.
03.11.2006 - 17:41
Twist
Twisted Kid
Written by Arian Totalis on 27.10.2006 at 00:19

Actually, I was Listening to Eminem and the Beastie Boys Long before I wanted to admit to myself that I like Rap, I wanted to think they were Different somehow, when the only difference was is that they're not Black. Since then, I've gotten a Clue and come to love Rap of all Kinds. Eminem is definitley one of my favorites, and the Eminem Show Is really good. He's probaby one of the most Lyrically Inclined in the Biz, and he works with Dre, Who Is Probably the Very Best Producer in the Biz, I thought that Encore sucked though.....
Yeah,I guess "Ass Like That" is from Encore. I hate that song. I don't know if Encore is a sell-out album or if Eminem tries to try something different. Either way,for me it doesn't sound as good as the songs on The Eminem Show.
----
03.11.2006 - 23:25
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Twist on 03.11.2006 at 17:41

Written by Arian Totalis on 27.10.2006 at 00:19

Yeah,I guess "Ass Like That" is from Encore. I hate that song. I don't know if Encore is a sell-out album or if Eminem tries to try something different. Either way,for me it doesn't sound as good as the songs on The Eminem Show.

I kinda feel it was a sellout move on his part, what made him good in the first place was his anger, once he lost that, well then he really didn't have as much of a drive to throw down such lyrical brilliance. I thought for sure that After Proof Died he'd be renewed, but I guess not. Speaking of which, do you like Proof at all?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.11.2006 - 17:38
Abys
Account deleted
hmmm i listen to rap as well as rock....
maby you should try listening to Verita Saga (romania) , Last Emperor (usa) , Cunnin Lynquists (usa) , GraveDiggaz (usa) , Jedi Mind Tricks (usa) , Mr. Lif (usa) , B.O. (france), Warlocks (norway) , N-Light-N (norway) , Looptroop (sweden) , Roots Manuva (england).

You know, hiphop is about reality!(not all of them of course) i know many deep rap songs, as well as even hardcore hiphop songs! ... i'm not reffering to idiots like eminem, 50 cent, Jay-Z or you name it... that's comercial rubbish.
04.11.2006 - 21:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=17553] on 04.11.2006 at 17:38

i'm not reffering to idiots like eminem, 50 cent, Jay-Z or you name it... that's comercial rubbish.

I can agree that 50 cent is an idiot, even though I do like his early music. But to say that Eminem and Jay-Z are Idiots?! Dude, I hate to tell ya this but Like you said, hip hop is about reality right? Well Eminem and Jay-Z are all About reality, Especially Eminem, Everthing he does is about reality, every song he has is relevant to his past and upbrining, with only a few exceptions. Maby you should read into some lyrics before saying things. Reas into the song "I am" By Em, it's a great example.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.11.2006 - 23:00
Abys
Account deleted
sorry man, he doesn't know what he's talking about, i've listened to about 50 hiphop bands, albums from even 1980 and to 2006, and have A LOT of rappers as friends, those guyz suck - it's pure commercial - they don't care about sending out a message or just spitting the truth in somebody's face - they sing so people can buy they're albums and make them rich... that's not the spirit

anyway i'm not saying eminem's music is all bad - i do like about 3 songs of his.
05.11.2006 - 00:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Abys: Dude, It's really obvious to me that you don'y know what your talking about. Just because something is in the mainstream doesn't mean that it isn't real or true. Lots of Metal Heads have the same problem. Rappers Like Eminem, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dr. Dre, Common, the roots, The Game, Wu tang clan, and endless more are all about reality. What? Just because someone has went through a gang experience does that mean being "Gangsta" isn't being real? That's one of the most realistic depictions of hip hop there is. Listen to the Song C.R.E.A.M. by Wu Tang, I posted it about a page or two back. And besides, what you interpret as "True" and what I interpret as "True" is also two different stories, just keep in mind that you shouldn't push your own interpretations on other people.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.11.2006 - 09:51
Abys
Account deleted
lol mos def talib kweli common sence, the roots, wu tang is real, and great music, i know the song CREAM and i also have the dyscography .. dude i have 30 GB of rap and i've been listening it for a few years.

now let's just stick to the main idea : 50 cent, Jay-Z and Eminem suck.
05.11.2006 - 17:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well, I guess that's your oppinion.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.11.2006 - 19:31
Stigmatized
Hmmm, as far as rap goes for me. I find Outkast enjoyable, but that's probably because they are always experimenting and coming up with fresh ideas. I also enjoy The Gorillaz, who have some hip-hop/rap elements in their music.
05.11.2006 - 21:03
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 05.11.2006 at 19:31

Hmmm, as far as rap goes for me. I find Outkast enjoyable, but that's probably because they are always experimenting and coming up with fresh ideas. I also enjoy The Gorillaz, who have some hip-hop/rap elements in their music.

The self titeled from Gorrilaz is awesome. I actually have an original version of that cd in my rack O_O. Outkast is ok. But uurgh i dislike pure hiphop . Shit
05.11.2006 - 21:39
Sunioj
In regard to the main post, if you know about the origins of rap and metal, they both originate from jazz and rag time during the musical evolution in America to which black americans were forming their own type of music in opposition to white music. Im not sure how the further evolution occured, but I think that after the making of jazz and blues, some white artists started using musical styles from jazz and evolved into rock.

I like old school rap to which I have alot of memories, modern rap IMO is crap, do you guys remember listening to snoop dogg, jin and juice when you were a kid? My old school rap preferences are ONYX, Icecube, Snoop dogg, BIG, and Tupac. Though I barely listen to them these days, its fun to sometimes sing along after getting pissed...
05.11.2006 - 21:47
Abys
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 05.11.2006 at 21:39

In regard to the main post, if you know about the origins of rap and metal, they both originate from jazz and rag time during the musical evolution in America to which black americans were forming their own type of music in opposition to white music. Im not sure how the further evolution occured, but I think that after the making of jazz and blues, some white artists started using musical styles from jazz and evolved into rock.

I like old school rap to which I have alot of memories, modern rap IMO is crap, do you guys remember listening to snoop dogg, jin and juice when you were a kid? My old school rap preferences are ONYX, Icecube, Snoop dogg, BIG, and Tupac. Though I barely listen to them these days, its fun to sometimes sing along after getting pissed...

i agree.

/me listens to Onyx - Judgement Night
05.11.2006 - 23:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

In regard to the main post, if you know about the origins of rap and metal, they both originate from jazz

I like old school rap to which I have alot of memories, modern rap IMO is crap, do you guys remember listening to snoop dogg, jin and juice when you were a kid? My old school rap preferences are ONYX, Icecube, Snoop dogg, BIG, and Tupac.

About my Introductory post, If you read a page or two back, I actually sat there and explained the beginings of rap to someone, and if it derived from any kind of music, it would have been funk.

I sure do remember those days! Except I wasn't really a little kid when I started listening to snoop. The reason Why I bolded your comment on modern rap is, What do you mean by moddern Rap? I can agree that poppy Club rap is total shit, like Dem Franchize boyz, but man, rappers like Nas and the Game and Kanye West are sooooooo talented.

@Dream of Hate: Dude, Outkast is SO Badass! I love those guys so much! They've recently released this straight blus song called "Idlewild Blues" it's the title track to their new album. But what really gets me with them is the song "Bombs over Baghdad," that shit is Sick Son!
I also think gorillaz are enjoyable.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

06.11.2006 - 14:58
Sunioj
Sorry if I didnt read the first few posts, its a habit, I just reply to the main post!
But yeah, Nas is talented, I liked him alot back then, modern rap? Im talking about hip hop with songs from lil jon, kanye west, jayz, outcast, 50 cent etc. I dont like them that much, I think its mainly because Im biased towards old school rap and that there is like a billion new rappers coming out everyday...

I like rap, I dont like the message they put out 90% of the time, about drugs, gang fighting, being derogatory towards women, and being gangsta. Sure, some of the rappers put out radio friendly songs like Nas - I can and the illmatic album, and tupac that talk about the decay and issues of their society, but then once they are done with that song, the rest of the songs on the album contradict their message with messages that I described above.

Its not like metal is that much better with messages...that would also be contradictory, but I think its more of the corporate publication and promotion of musicians towards the younger generation that Im against. I think that the popularity of the music has taken away that special touch that old school was about. That goes for any genre as well, like widely publicized nu metalists and "punk" music on MTV.
06.11.2006 - 15:17
Abys
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 06.11.2006 at 14:58

Sorry if I didnt read the first few posts, its a habit, I just reply to the main post!
But yeah, Nas is talented, I liked him alot back then, modern rap? Im talking about hip hop with songs from lil jon, kanye west, jayz, outcast etc. I dont like them that much, I think its mainly because Im biased towards old school rap and that there is like a billion new rappers coming out everyday! Nothing personal towards them, I just like the old sound better.

I agree. old school is better than new school! i mean...bands like: the goats,kurious, gangstarr,beastie boys,a tribe called quest, artifacts,naughty by nature etc...

Hip-Hop's roots are various: very deep roots like: blues,reggae... first rap had disco influences and more, from these the funk hip-hop was formed and so on until today.
06.11.2006 - 22:19
Twist
Twisted Kid
50 Cent was here in Finland last Friday and Saturday. He did a gig both days in Hartwall Areena,Helsinki. I know most of my towns hip-hop fans and some of them are good friends of mine. A few of them were on the Friday's gig. The gigs weren't sold-out,but according to them the crowd was really energetic and loved the show. I'm not intrested about his music and I don't know much about him as a person,but the show seemed to be quite fun judging by what my friends told me. A bit predictable,but real fun still. Has anyone else been to a hip-hop gig ever before? I don't really know what they are like,since the music works very differently live than metal or rock and the audience is very different.
----
06.11.2006 - 23:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Twist: I've never really been to a hip hop show ever either, I'd really like to go to one though. But you never answered my Question, do you like the rapper proof?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.11.2006 - 00:48
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i have! the awesome danish rapper and dj Tue Track/Track 72 he is so cool lot of fun! there was alot of energy man almost as a metal gig without mushing and blast beats hehe... i actualy all so have seen snoop dogg im not much of a fan but he peformed at a festival (roskilde festival) i must admit he is cheasy but funny! my favorit of the cheasy mainstream rappers! hes old stuff is cool!
07.11.2006 - 22:01
Abys
Account deleted
i've been to hiphpop gigs, it's quite nice, dependes on the bands..

PS: i luv swedish band: looptroop and norway: Warlocks!
12.11.2006 - 23:54
CollisionInMind
Account deleted

Actually, you're mistaken on the invention of rock. White guys didn't invent it. The reason it was so controversial when it came out, aside from just the fact that "Rock n Roll" technically means to have sex, is because it was considered "black music" by the white parents of white kids who were interested in it. It main influence was R&B (not the R&B we know today... at the time it basically was just what came to be known as rock anyway). The artist most frequently credited with inventing rock would have to be Chuck Berry, a black guy. Obviously that's a very bold statement to make, especially when traces of it can be found in blues and jazz from decades before, but he was certainly one of the most influential artists. Fats Domino, another black guy, has also been credited with releasing the first Rock n Roll album even earlier than Berry.
13.11.2006 - 18:31
Konrad
Mormon Storm
If you guys want some solid, politically charged, intelligent and new-school hip-hop try getting some of these albums:

El P - Fantastic Damage
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
Dr. Octagon
Mr. Lif - Emergency Rations
Mr. Lif - I Phantom
Cage - Hell's Winter
Cannibal OX - The Cold Vein
Zion I
Aesop Rock - Labor Days

ETC. ETC. ETC.

www.definitivejux.com
----
Brujerizmo!
14.11.2006 - 14:12
Sunioj
Written by [user id=1455] on 12.11.2006 at 23:54

Actually, you're mistaken on the invention of rock. White guys didn't invent it. The reason it was so controversial when it came out, aside from just the fact that "Rock n Roll" technically means to have sex, is because it was considered "black music" by the white parents of white kids who were interested in it. It main influence was R&B (not the R&B we know today... at the time it basically was just what came to be known as rock anyway). The artist most frequently credited with inventing rock would have to be Chuck Berry, a black guy. Obviously that's a very bold statement to make, especially when traces of it can be found in blues and jazz from decades before, but he was certainly one of the most influential artists. Fats Domino, another black guy, has also been credited with releasing the first Rock n Roll album even earlier than Berry.

I think you misunderstood me, I was trying to make the point that rock most probably came from black artists, though I never knew about the Chuck Berry influence, thats pretty cool.
14.11.2006 - 15:14
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Anyone like Body Count?
----
Brujerizmo!
15.11.2006 - 03:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Konrad on 14.11.2006 at 15:14

Anyone like Body Count?

Hell ya dude, Ice-T with a metal Band! Oh danm it's good. The only problem with it is that the actual band isn't that great. It's not really so important anyway, because it's more lyrically driven anyway. What about them do you like?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.11.2006 - 09:01
GreekGoodfella
Account deleted
Me I'm a big hip hop fan, I'm into hip hop as much as I'm into metal, though I've been into metal longer than hip hop. Some of my favourite groups/artists are:
Non Phixion
Necro
NWA
Tupac
Biggie
Cypress Hill
Wu Tang Clan
DMX
Kool G Rap
Mobb Deep
Tragedy Khadafi
Immortal Technique
Geto Boys
Ganksta NIP
Ice T
Spice 1
Big L
Big Noyd
Dayton Family
Jedi Mind Tricks
K-Rino
Brotha Lynch Hung
Snoop (old)
M.O.P
Nas
EPMD
Naughty By Nature
Boot Camp Click
Busta Rhymes
Eminem (old)
Onyx
Eric B. And Rakim
R.A The Rugged Man
Warcloud
Cannibal Ox
Aesop Rock
House Of Pain
La Coka Nostra

Damn I could keep on naming rappers I like for ages
15.11.2006 - 16:34
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.11.2006 at 03:38

Written by Konrad on 14.11.2006 at 15:14

Anyone like Body Count?

Hell ya dude, Ice-T with a metal Band! Oh danm it's good. The only problem with it is that the actual band isn't that great. It's not really so important anyway, because it's more lyrically driven anyway. What about them do you like?

I like them just because it was Ice-T doing something new, and because they were hard as fuck. The music might not be that good or original, but I would hit some people if I saw them live. You can find videos of them on youtube and see that these were some original ass gangsters!
----
Brujerizmo!