Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
29.07.2006 - 16:16
Fane
Band that rocks and hard! Just waiting what kind of album new one is...
Well. I like solos a lot in this band. Solo's in "Winter Madness" and "Battle Against Time" are great!
I like those songs most.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
29.07.2006 - 19:43
Wo0dy
Account deleted
this would happen to me one of my favorite bands.. Jari is a excellent guitiarist, they have everything set.. good guitar work, melody, lyrics, everything man.. this is definetly one hell of a band
22.08.2006 - 20:45
str8down
Account deleted
I was totally amused when i checked the band members in album Wintersun. Mäenpää with the drummer, 2 man job for the whole fucking album. Now theres a goddamn metallist. Way to go Mäenpää!:banger:
23.08.2006 - 04:53
Daru Jericho
I'm really glad they've announced an EU tour! I think this will be the first time they actually tour in England. I'm really psyched, needless to say.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.08.2006 - 10:53
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I'd have to say I prefer Ensiferum over these guys, mainly because of the folk elements... although I do like all songs on Wintersun.
26.08.2006 - 14:51
GANG METALSTORM
oh I thought Wintersun must be in Extreme forum, they have melodic metal element but also have extreme part. I love all song of this band, especially for Battle Against Time. That song have viking metal element. Wintersun really is a very good band.
27.08.2006 - 22:04
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by [user id=13431] on 22.08.2006 at 20:45

I was totally amused when i checked the band members in album Wintersun. Mäenpää with the drummer, 2 man job for the whole fucking album. Now theres a goddamn metallist. Way to go Mäenpää!:banger:

I agree! But i wonder if there will be more then mäenpää and hahto on this new album. I mean, now there is more members in the band.. (:
03.09.2006 - 13:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Can't wait till december when they come to Stockholm!!!
----
03.09.2006 - 22:23
Asat0r
Written by Warman on 03.09.2006 at 13:11

Can't wait till december when they come to Stockholm!!!

I can't wait till... never, when they come to the US. I would love for these guys to get popular enough to come here, but sadly I don't see that happen any time soon. All the best bands, with insane amounts of talent, can't get any airtime over here, it sucks!
04.09.2006 - 00:32
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
by the way when is the album supposed to be released? It says September here on MS but no specific date and nothing on the website either.....and no samples of the stuff either...im going crazy with anticipation!
04.09.2006 - 08:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Wintersun killed Wacken 06', fucking amazing live!!! Almost met them too in the Meet & Greet, but had to sacrifice meeting them to meet Blind Guardian
04.09.2006 - 09:17
GANG METALSTORM
Wintersun has a very amazing drum solo once in their show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTOiaTgSitA
06.09.2006 - 00:27
Bengans
Account deleted
Really hope to see that drum solo in Stockholm now in December!!! Great band... I pray they are as good live as you say!
06.09.2006 - 00:39
Daru Jericho
From what I've heard, they're great live. I'll judge for myself in November.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

06.09.2006 - 00:41
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Yeah they are fantastic live saw them in Holland in December 2005....after the show Kai (drummer) bought us beers and talked about his wife and child haha he was so fuckin drunk! lol
13.09.2006 - 17:39
SirHooke
Yeeha! Antwerp in November! Together with Amon Amarth ánd Týr! I am soooooooo there
Can't F***** wait! (So this is what they call euforia )
13.09.2006 - 18:30
Vrana
I saw them two months ago and I'll see them again on their tour with Amon Amarth. Can't wait!
And today they officially released their new album "Time".
13.09.2006 - 20:42
Destryphior
I hate this a European tour and no show in Finland Wintersun and Amon Amarth, I would love to see them again...
14.09.2006 - 00:08
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=12867] on 25.08.2006 at 10:53

I'd have to say I prefer Ensiferum over these guys, mainly because of the folk elements... although I do like all songs on Wintersun.

Likewise. We're about the only ones too. Not sure why, considering Wintersun's album gets boring rather quickly.
15.09.2006 - 07:35
justice to metal
Account deleted
Wintersun ...wow i wish i could see them live ..im sure they would be awesome.If i ever did see them i would really like to hear live "Winter Madness" or "Beyond The Dark Sun"
18.09.2006 - 18:55
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Written by Silent Creeper on 15.09.2006 at 22:16

Wintersun are just amazing band in all ways. I saw their performence at Metal Camp and they were just outstanding. I can't wait till they come in November back to Slovenia, together with Amon Amarth. I don't doubt that this concert will be one of the best I've ever been to. I hope that their new coming album Time will be as good as first.

As I am quite a persistent person and dont like to be ignored i will ask again....Wasnt "Time" supposed to be out already?? Where is it? Why arent there any samples?
18.09.2006 - 22:29
Veeken
Account deleted
I can't get enough of this band. I agree that their album is a masterpiece. Hope the new album is just as good.
19.09.2006 - 04:55
Windshear
Account deleted
Wintersun's the shit! The stars seemed to be perfectly aligned when this album came out. I mean, It's perfect! It took a bit of Ensiferum's folk/viking sound and added a melodeath/power/COB smack. And on top of that,the riffs are fuckin' cool! The solos are blazin' as well! Definatly a band poised for domination.
19.09.2006 - 05:51
Wo0dy
Account deleted
cant wait for "Time" damn it i want it come out now
19.09.2006 - 08:31
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ The new album is coming out at a perfect time in my opinon. The current release date is in November, which is right on the verge of the winter season - the best time to listen to music like this. Though having "Time" now would pretty be pretty sweet.

Also, can we expect a North American tour?
19.09.2006 - 13:27
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=16136] on 19.09.2006 at 08:31

^^^ The new album is coming out at a perfect time in my opinon. The current release date is in November, which is right on the verge of the winter season - the best time to listen to music like this. Though having "Time" now would pretty be pretty sweet.

Hehe...I suppose that would be the best time to listen to it. I really wish they would tour over here...I would love to see them. I hear they rule live.
19.09.2006 - 13:44
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 19.09.2006 at 13:27

Written by [user id=16136] on 19.09.2006 at 08:31

hell yeah man, i want them to come to NYC of possible...i dont care where they playing...definetly gonna see them
Hehe...I suppose that would be the best time to listen to it. I really wish they would tour over here...I would love to see them. I hear they rule live.
20.09.2006 - 11:57
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
What i find even more strange is that Nuclear Blast already has a pre-order for a new Wintersun shirt with the print of one of the new songs on it "Land of snow and sorrow"...this is kinda strange to see a shirt related to a new album which dont have an album cover even...
13.10.2006 - 13:46
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I really like Wintersun, but I'm also saddened that it had to destroy Ensiferum in that way...the guy who now is in Wintersun *made* Ensiferum what it is.
13.10.2006 - 15:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
When shall "Time" be released? Has it been released? There is nothing on the official site about it.
----