Metal Storm logo
Football/Soccer

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 05.09.2012 - 17:22
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2012 at 17:01

You eliminate Rus and make revenge in Polish name for insults in EC,,, be happy

i am not, because we play shit since like 2008...we played shit throughout whole qualification, played shit throughout whole EC except this one lucky game and we will probably be playing shit throughout WC 2014 qualification...but players call themselves heroes now, because they were in EC and they were in quarterfinal...now who is there to question their superiority, eh?

i dont mind losses, i dont mind unexpected failures - that simply happens from time to time, its sport...but talking about czech football, it is a permanent state of mess and the players clearly lost contact with reality...call themselves stars, act like stars, but dont play like that...

i really hope i am wrong now and something has changed since last game...but what? players are the same, coach is the same, ideology is the same...
13.09.2023 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After yesterdays fiasco at home 1-3 against Austria said by by to hopes to go to next EC. Well there is chance if Austrian or Belgian football federation goes on bacrupcy this month , but no it wont happen, so Sweden is out.
Checked some groups seems Only Portugal and France got spot now for EC now. Rest will happen later this year.

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2023 - 22:31
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
VfB Stuttgart are on fire this season! After 5 games, and 4/5 wins, they are first in the Bundesliga table! They play really well and they've got a goal scoring machine: Serhou Guirassy, who has scored now 10 goals in the first 5 games of the Bundesliga season. Only ONE other player has done that before: Robert Lewandowski!

PS: I used to live in Stuttgart, actually. I grew up in that area as a kid. Stuttgart were never that good back then. I'm glad to see them surprising this season. I'll be following their progression eagerly
22.09.2023 - 22:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman on 22.09.2023 at 22:31

VfB Stuttgart are on fire this season! After 5 games, and 4/5 wins, they are first in the Bundesliga table! They play really well and they've got a goal scoring machine: Serhou Guirassy, who has scored now 10 goals in the first 5 games of the Bundesliga season. Only ONE other player has done that before: Robert Lewandowski!

PS: I used to live in Stuttgart, actually. I grew up in that area as a kid. Stuttgart were never that good back then. I'm glad to see them surprising this season. I'll be following their progression eagerly

We have seen many teams starts well in end Bayern wins.
----

22.09.2023 - 23:21
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 22.09.2023 at 22:51

Written by F3ynman on 22.09.2023 at 22:31

We have seen many teams starts well in end Bayern wins.

But we have seen some teams surprisingly qualify for the champions and europa league like union Berlin and Freiburg
23.09.2023 - 08:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes that's why to be real German champions are team what finish second, like I said my fav leuge after Primera Division Argentina are Bundesliga and then Serie A. I even prefere 2. Bundesliga and 3. To. Good level m
----

23.09.2023 - 10:52
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
I mainly like watching Bundesliga games because of the atmosphere. I would really like to go and watch a Dortmund game just to experience the yellow wall, especially when they play Schalke, the atmosphere looks breathtaking. You don't get atmosphere's like that in the UK anymore.
23.09.2023 - 14:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 23.09.2023 at 10:52

I mainly like watching Bundesliga games because of the atmosphere. I would really like to go and watch a Dortmund game just to experience the yellow wall, especially when they play Schalke, the atmosphere looks breathtaking. You don't get atmosphere's like that in the UK anymore.

Yes it's true, but even Saudi and Marocese football has atmosphere, Egypt as well.
----

26.09.2023 - 09:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is the Swiss Model in Champions League? UEFA's new UCL format to replace group stage explained

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/swiss-model-champions-league-uefa-debut-ucl-format-group-stage/a2d1e16bb0f0d24b364d4db4

I dont like it, make probably to make stronger teams to play in play off stage, because smaller teams start win they want big teams play big games. Soon CL might be as USA best of 7 even in final, we will see what sport fans say, its let down.
----

27.09.2023 - 19:28
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Yeah that is a weird change. I'll miss the old format
27.09.2023 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by F3ynman on 27.09.2023 at 19:28

Yeah that is a weird change. I'll miss the old format

Yes but maybe it wont work, they might change it back. To me its more like super league, small teams will loose, but then again TV and ticket sails, big teams like Italians dont care much about tier 2 and 3 in UEFA
----

01.10.2023 - 13:44
Metren
Dreadrealm
Well, VAR fucked up royally yesterday. Liverpool deserved to draw against Tottenham. To quote the legendary Didier Drogba: "It's a fucking disgrace."

I can't be bothered to look up statistics right now, but I know from memory that the EPL title has been decided by a single point several times in the last few decades. If Liverpool lose the title over this fuck-up, then nobody should ever ask Klopp to be calm ever again, let the man rage. I don't even like Liverpool, but I like blatant injustice even less.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
03.10.2023 - 19:01
Ruiner
Hey all! Any Arsenal FC fans here?
04.10.2023 - 10:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ruiner on 03.10.2023 at 19:01

Not I can think of anyone here since I joined MS.

Well, Arsenal playing significantly great this year. Started well like last year, and one Group stage game won't invalidate the gameplay. I don't think losing to Lens will pinch them either as Ligue 1 15th seeder is doing great too.

On the contrary, Manchester United is shitting bricks. Losing to Galatasaray was awful. Erik Ten Fag needs to fix it before he takes an exit from Old Trafford.
04.10.2023 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Stuart
----

08.10.2023 - 20:23
Metren
Dreadrealm

Not a fan of Arsenal, but I was glad they won against Manchester City today, because the refereeing was once again atrocious and Kovacic should've been sent off in the first half. He committed a red card foul, followed immediately by a certain yellow card foul. I have no clue as to why he escaped with just a yellow card.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
08.10.2023 - 21:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Metren on 08.10.2023 at 20:23

Not a fan of Arsenal, but I was glad they won against Manchester City today, because the refereeing was once again atrocious and Kovacic should've been sent off in the first half. He committed a red card foul, followed immediately by a certain yellow card foul. I have no clue as to why he escaped with just a yellow card.

True, but then refereeing has gone preposterous from so many seasons. VAR often comes into a fairplay to salvage inadequate goal decisions too.

What impresses me(match against City) is Declan Rice performance as a solid midfielder. With 89% accuracy, and 3 classic interceptions, he prove to be the real asset for Arsenal.
15.10.2023 - 10:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe best referee ever, after him there are not such character in referee world

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=818919170234716&set=a.502804825179487

----

02.11.2023 - 09:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lets make a laugh about Ajax Amsterdam, no they will stay, cant win (even once I think Juventus did play back like 20 points and won ) Real Madrid had like same then came Vicente Del Boisque and saved they ass from relegation.

I Germany seems 1. FC Köln will leave the top boys

Even this year 2. Bundesliga is whit historic and good teams and seems Schalke 04 goes down to 3. Liga. Fymann does Schalke 04 has so bad whit money, does coal mines dont make you cash anymore?

St. Pauli, Förtuna Düsseldorf, HSV, Holsten Kiel, Hannover, Herta Berlin, Schalke, Hansa Rostock there are 2 + 1 spot , nja
I hope Dynamo Dresden will come up

In France , Lyon looks bad , might go down. (even they can save they ass many games left)

----

06.11.2023 - 11:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Copa Libvertadores de America huh
I dont like that there are no country protections as in UEFA that in knock out stages asme country teams cant play against each other (unless its semies or draw are made that quarter final winner splay against each other)
Seems they are now smarter there, before final had 2 games, home and away, now one game in x place. Hmm I need figure out what I like best.

Boca 1-2 Fluminense in OT
I was in Boca side

Here is information about Copa Sudamericana (IN SPANISH) about next years tormenter starts at 7th march, ends at 10. october

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Sudamericana_2024
----

06.11.2023 - 15:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
One game day left in Swedish season in Allsvenskan
Today last game in round 28.
IFK Göteborg vs AIK
Boat are ''outsiders'' winner saves the ass, looser needs win or hope Brommapojkarna dont win last game

Malmö (61 points) bs Elfsborg (64 points) basically second vs 1th in last game. I hope Elfsborg dont loose, I dont want see Malmö wins

AIK vs Värnamo , AIK (depends how ends todays game) need max win, min draw to save the ass

Brommapojkarna vs BV Häcken (3th place) so I think AIK has big chances to stay

Degerfors and Varbergs BoIS FC are relagated.

Superettan (tier2) also is one game left
Västerås and GAIS Göteborg returns
Utsikten or Östers will get 3th spot depends of last game and get play in place
Bad days for Helsingborgs IF , Henke Lasson be pissed
They play at home against Draconian home town team Skövde AIK

Funny 4 last (2 goes out 2 play out) can in theory save they asses

Div 1 Norra , Boden goes to Div 2 Norra and again there will be derby IFK Luleå vs Boden
----

18.11.2023 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Australia opts not to bid for 2034 World Cup in boost for Saudi Arabia hopes

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/31/australia-2034-fifa-world-cup-no-bid-declines-football-australia

Even I am European and Australia is down under and time zone only worst can be in New Zeeland, but that is a country what deserve world cup. I hope Aus and NZ will do 2040 big , NZ can have 4 cities, Aus rest. I am really not happy if Saudi will get it, what next Iran?
----

25.11.2023 - 11:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New Panathinaikos Stadium

has Pao money, has Greece money? Well since 2004 Ολυμπιακός plays in modern Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium (Greek: Στάδιο Γεώργιος Καραϊσκάκης). I remmeber derby between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos while Georgios Karaiskakis was under reconstrution, I think in Ethinkos Pireus area, it was wild.

I like Leoforus (real name Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Απόστολος Νικολαΐδης),' its true Green, but to old and UEFA dont recognize it. I remember AEK had Nikos Goumas Stadium (Greek: Στάδιο Νίκος Γκούμας) now they play Agia Sophia Stadium . Sorry even Toumpa where PAOK dwells are better as Leoforus. Now AEK, Olypiakos has new good grounds, PAO needs it for own and UEFA games, because in Olympic stadion has no atmosphere in football, so I say yes.
----

25.11.2023 - 11:28
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 11:21

Looks boring just like all the other modern standard soulless arena's, and just like those arena's, it lacks character and will no doubt lack the atmosphere the old ground had aswel, but at least they'll make more money from the higher capacity.
25.11.2023 - 11:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 25.11.2023 at 11:28

Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 11:21

Looks boring just like all the other modern standard soulless arena's, and just like those arena's, it lacks character and will no doubt lack the atmosphere the old ground had aswel, but at least they'll make more money from the higher capacity.

Yes but then again Greece needs it but I agree, I miss Leofoos, I miss old away fan days in Greece. But then again, belive me or not it will be sold out.
----

25.11.2023 - 11:54
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 11:32

Yes but then again Greece needs it but I agree, I miss Leofoos, I miss old away fan days in Greece. But then again, belive me or not it will be sold out.

It's sad, but sometimes the way forward is to build a new stadium as it's not always possible to improve on the existing infrastructure. I like the improvements Liverpool made with Anfield rather than them taking away the heritage and charm that Everton are doing with Goodison Park, but it's not always possible to do so.

West Ham's choice to bulldoze Upton Park and move to the London Stadium is a shocking example, the new ground was purposely built for Olympic events and the fans are that far from the pitch you can hardly hear them cheer, but again, the club makes a fortune on ticket sales now which was always the reason they moved in the first place.
25.11.2023 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying

Finally we know well lets say we know how final standings looks and what teams are qualified, whit out few play off teams .

Teams qualified
Germany (hosts), Portugal, France, Spain, Belgium, England, Hungary, Türkiye, Romania, Denmark, Albania, Austria, Netherlands, Scotland, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czechia, Italy, Serbia, Switzerland, plus Play-off winner A, Play-off winner B, Play-off winner C

Group A: Spain, Scotland / Norway / Georgia , Cyprus. To me surprise was Scotland did play well, specially win over Spain and Norway. I tjhought they wont manadage but

Group B: France, Holland, / Greece, Ireland, Gibraltar ... No surprise here

Group C: England , Italy / Ukraine, Nord Macedonia, Malta. I am surprised Italians did it because somehow they look higher to them selves when plays weaker teams and often loose.

Group D: tuktey, Croatia / Wales, Armenia, Latvia Not surirse here

Group E: Albania , Cz / Poland, Moldova, Farao Islands .. Albania was surprise, I thought 2 slavic bros will take first 2 spots

Group F: Belögium, Austria, / Sweden, Azerbaijan , Estonia panful topic, I knew Sweden wont manage after lose to Austria. Good Janne Andersson left, who takes over, can build new team

Group G: hungary, Serbia / Montenegro, Lithuania, Bulgaria . hard group all are equal even Lithuania can bite in the balls , but it was bad day for Bulgaria IMO weakest performance. They ultra gathered even hungarian boys joined before game and riot , heavy riot against police and their federation. Maybe biggest riots in Bulgaria in last 20 years.

Group H: Denmark, Slovenia / Finland, Kazakhstan, Ulster, San Marino No suprises here

Group I: Romania ,Suisse / Israel, belarus, Kosovo, Andora .belarus should be banned !

Group J: Portugal, Slovakia, / Luxeburg, Iceland, Bosnia, Lihtenstein

Play Offs
Nations league is good total outsiders can do it, but I dont like that play off format. To me old system was better one home, one away game !

Path A:
Wales - Finland
It will be hard games, home and away Finland would win, now Wales plays to games in Cardiff. so I believe they will do other games duel winner

Poland - Estonia
Poland plays well at home and here no way

Path B:
Bosnia - Ukraine. I say Ukraine they have better motivation, but this group final should not happen in Balkans.

Israel - Iceland . Game will be played outside Israel, I say Israel will win. Final gmmmm separate talk
I say kick out turkey and hungary and give Ukraine and Israel place. I cant stand those 2 countries

Path C:
Georgia - Luxemburg . Easy walk
Greece - Kazakstam . I hope Hellas goes more further as Alexander did , walk over Kaz.

Finla in Georgia.
----

25.11.2023 - 12:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 25.11.2023 at 11:54

Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 11:32

It's sad, but sometimes the way forward is to build a new stadium as it's not always possible to improve on the existing infrastructure. I like the improvements Liverpool made with Anfield rather than them taking away the heritage and charm that Everton are doing with Goodison Park, but it's not always possible to do so.

West Ham's choice to bulldoze Upton Park and move to the London Stadium is a shocking example, the new ground was purposely built for Olympic events and the fans are that far from the pitch you can hardly hear them cheer, but again, the club makes a fortune on ticket sales now which was always the reason they moved in the first place.

San Siro cant be demolished its heritage site . River upgraded Estadio Monumental from 78000 to 84000.
Many old arenas are in miidle of town, I think only alien eginears can do it. Its sad we loose many old arenas, Uptown Park its sad. Goodison Park , new one, c mon.

Boca want build new Bombonera on island. Old cant be upgadet. Its sad actually.
----

25.11.2023 - 14:16
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 12:13

La Bombonera is at the heart of Boca's community, and it will definitely be sadly missed.
25.11.2023 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 25.11.2023 at 14:16

Written by Bad English on 25.11.2023 at 12:13

La Bombonera is at the heart of Boca's community, and it will definitely be sadly missed.

It will be equal, bigger close to original on the island. But I doubt it will happen, money needs come in and crazy men whit chainsaw rules the country, might sunk in deeer shit
----

30.11.2023 - 09:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Andy and Fymann do you remember days when CL has 2 group stages,
First as now, then 2 best teams went out of group and drawn in 4 groups whit 4 teams in, best 2 went to quarter, you thoughts about it?
----