Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
16.09.2006 - 23:02
?Bodomchild?
Written by Dam3k on 08.09.2006 at 15:07

Written by ?Bodomchild? on 08.09.2006 at 10:35

Written by Stigmatized on 06.07.2006 at 17:24

Slayer. They were part of the big four with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax that led the thrash movement. I like all of those bands but Slayer has stuck with me a lot better, so Slayer it is. My second choice would have to be Megadeth followed by Pantera.

Are you sure than thay lead the Thrash movement ?? what about Sodom and Celtic Frost ?

Skeletal Vampire
Why left apart european bands and IMO Sacred Reich its more thrash than Pantera or Megadeth ?? because they dont appear more on TV or on radio ?ok you make a exeption with Kreator and Destruction....anyway the best band for my its Sodom cuz they have more constancy than other bands very clos is Sepultura til Arise album

Dude that 4 have been always the most succesful and influential I think...

Well...yeah to the masses yeah ......but how u can call influencial and succesful a band ho its listen just cuz they 4th frits albums are great ok...and the rest of the discography ??....and i think the most Thrash and black metal bands are more influenced by Sodom
----
asd
17.09.2006 - 14:45
Dam3k
Written by ?Bodomchild? on 16.09.2006 at 23:02

Written by Dam3k on 08.09.2006 at 15:07

Slayer. They were part of the big four with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax that led the thrash movement. I like all of those bands but Slayer has stuck with me a lot better, so Slayer it is. My second choice would have to be Megadeth followed by Pantera.

Are you sure than thay lead the Thrash movement ?? what about Sodom and Celtic Frost ?

Skeletal Vampire
Why left apart european bands and IMO Sacred Reich its more thrash than Pantera or Megadeth ?? because they dont appear more on TV or on radio ?ok you make a exeption with Kreator and Destruction....anyway the best band for my its Sodom cuz they have more constancy than other bands very clos is Sepultura til Arise album

Dude that 4 have been always the most succesful and influential I think...

Well...yeah to the masses yeah ......but how u can call influencial and succesful a band ho its listen just cuz they 4th frits albums are great ok...and the rest of the discography ??....and i think the most Thrash and black metal bands are more influenced by Sodom

Maybe is not that important the whole discography and it's more important several albums in a single moment...
----

25.09.2006 - 19:28
Tydirium
Account deleted
This is very difficult. But to my mind it is Kreator or Dest-
ruction. They are both from Germany and rather unknown
here I guess but they are rooted in the old Metallica and
Motörhead Shit and make cool Thrash Metal since their
birth in the 80s.
27.09.2006 - 02:09
?Bodomchild?
Tydirium....its true than Germany its the mecca of thrash ? i mean i read it in some magazine and to me its true (not Germany , will say Europe) cuz europe bands have the same"touch" i mean Kreator Sodom Destruction are from the same school but american bands have a drastic change in music and lyrics u cant compare Metallica lyrics and Slayer lyrics cuz bot haven't the same tonic ......but eurpean really have cuz the most of the bands IMO have (not all the songs) prostentat lyrics or themes (in a album case)
----
asd
27.09.2006 - 04:24
Tencho
is impossible to choose one.
Metallica, Megadeth (trash??), Sepultura, Slayer, Pantera. they are incredible
27.09.2006 - 16:38
Tydirium
Account deleted
Written by ?Bodomchild? on 27.09.2006 at 02:09

Tydirium....its true than Germany its the mecca of thrash ? i mean i read it in some magazine and to me its true (not Germany , will say Europe) cuz europe bands have the same"touch" i mean Kreator Sodom Destruction are from the same school but american bands have a drastic change in music and lyrics u cant compare Metallica lyrics and Slayer lyrics cuz bot haven't the same tonic ......but eurpean really have cuz the most of the bands IMO have (not all the songs) prostentat lyrics or themes (in a album case)

I guess you can say that German is (to a certain extent) a thrash mecca because
the biggest Thrash bands from Germany (you mentioned Sodom...) never changed
their style like Metallica or even Slayer (listen to the latest album...). They perform
the same music as in the 80's still.

Please explain about what you're speaking of with prostentant lyrics or themes...
28.09.2006 - 06:23
IrOnRoSeS
Account deleted
Megadeth for me...it was hard...The list has a wonderful list of bands...but well, my vote goes to MegaDave
08.10.2006 - 02:52
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
my vote is for metallica. they have inspired me to be a metalhead, they inspire eveonye.
their first 5 albums are the greatest thrash metal albums, especially master of puppets and lightning. pure brilliance.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
21.10.2006 - 06:02
Ripping Corpse
Account deleted

Skeletal Vampire

Well, in america slayer was one of the leading thrash bands (along with the other 3 big ones). Sodom and Celtic Frost weren't as much heard of in the mainstream.
21.10.2006 - 06:03
Ripping Corpse
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14169] on 08.09.2006 at 18:18

between Kreator and Metallica i voted Kreator cause they haven't realeased St.Anger

Dude, that was funny as shit. Cracked me up!
21.10.2006 - 10:46
SlipKnoTic
Account deleted
Slayer is the best shit i ever heard but in my country has released a law that forbids the live rock shows and we will get sanction if we only wear t-shirts or another signs with rock bands on the street.so i gues i'l never bee at a slayer concert
22.10.2006 - 13:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=17123] on 21.10.2006 at 06:02

Skeletal Vampire

Well, in america slayer was one of the leading thrash bands (along with the other 3 big ones). Sodom and Celtic Frost weren't as much heard of in the mainstream.

Not only that but also Sodom and Celtic Frost were laughed at in the 80s by 99% of the metal community. They only got popular much much later on. They had almost no influence on the thrash whatsoever back in the days, their influence is of a much more recnt date than that of the big Four of thrash. Als Kreator and Destruction had almost no influence back then (more influence than Sodom though) and Sacred Reich although being a good band on their first two full-lengths haven't even influenced a single band at all. They started off as heavily Slayer influenced.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.10.2006 - 23:06
Mega-Slayer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.10.2006 at 13:29

Skeletal Vampire

Not only that but also Sodom and Celtic Frost were laughed at in the 80s by 99% of the metal community. They only got popular much much later on. They had almost no influence on the thrash whatsoever back in the days, their influence is of a much more recnt date than that of the big Four of thrash. Als Kreator and Destruction had almost no influence back then (more influence than Sodom though) and Sacred Reich although being a good band on their first two full-lengths haven't even influenced a single band at all. They started off as heavily Slayer influenced.

Well bands such as Obituary,Sepultura and Anthrax have stated they where influenced by Celtic Frost.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
23.10.2006 - 07:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mega-Slayer on 22.10.2006 at 23:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.10.2006 at 13:29

Skeletal Vampire

Well bands such as Obituary,Sepultura and Anthrax have stated they where influenced by Celtic Frost.

Anthrax... I wonder when in their career they were inspired by Celtic frost because they already had a shitload of demos and their debut full-length out BEFORE Celtic Frost so much as only released one mini album. Only on the second S.O.D. album is thier some sort of hommage to Celtic Frost.
As for Obituary yes they did, but they were one of the very first bands to say they were inlfuenced by CF. And Sepultura I remember them denying the CF influences when they had released Beneath the Remains and only they might an 180 degree turn and said they were influenced by them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.10.2006 - 20:00
barryjones335
Account deleted
definetly megadeth. but where the hell is anthrax on this list?
28.10.2006 - 08:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Kreator anyone? saw them live, they played sooo many encores. gotta show my appreciation for that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.10.2006 - 14:50
Fear Of God
Account deleted
Best Thrash Band, what a question!

Mhm..My vote goes to other, because Vio-Lence and Dark Angel make the run for me!
Slayer has some good moments. Metallica has one good thrash album (kill 'em all).
I would vote for Exodus if I had to vote for a band listed above, their debut album is a killer release, some of the best vocals in thrash metal IMO.

But Vio-Lence & Dark Angel are my heros for 4 years now and I can't betray them by voting for Exodus!
The riffs, the vocals, the druming, the speed, the madness, damn!
18.11.2006 - 23:26
Mariela.
Account deleted
Megadeth by far..I think Megadeth is the only band I listen to from that list, and they are just great! Love their musik, and they are great live, and in my opinion that is an importent skill.
18.11.2006 - 23:37
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Best thrash

Agent Steel and Sodom for me
21.12.2006 - 16:16
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
i would go for Megadeth, Slayer and Pantera...........newayz theyre all awsome bands so again cant make a decision
24.12.2006 - 16:26
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Geez... its hard...really hard...but since i like Pantera so much i will have to settle on that...
So pantera it is...of course Slayer...Sepultura...Metallica are from my favorites too...anyway's...i will like to "add" another thrash metal band that i like...Overkill...its a good thrashy band that i felt it needs mentioning...anyway...PANTERA still RULZ...still kicks ass...
30.12.2006 - 17:42
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I chose "other" as i would have voted for Lamb Of God.
04.01.2007 - 12:47
oliviaa
I like all of them, but i voted Slayer, 'cause they're the best thrash metal band ever.
----
06.01.2007 - 22:20
sixpounder
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18405] on 30.12.2006 at 17:42

I am with you i would say lamb of god for sure.
06.01.2007 - 22:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=18717] on 06.01.2007 at 22:20

Its core band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2007 - 17:23
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.01.2007 at 22:24

Written by [user id=18717] on 06.01.2007 at 22:20

Its core band

Ahem..... i disagree with that. IMO its Thrash, but who cares anyway ? People give genres sutupid names, and give bands stupid genres. I would love em even if it was called Rap. Eww
10.01.2007 - 23:28
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
I vote sepultura cause of arise and beneath the remains. Lamb of god its core and I hate it ^^.
11.01.2007 - 19:23
baldur
i think machine head is the greatest trash band ever!!! machine fucking heeeeeead
12.01.2007 - 01:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
WHERE IS ANTHRAX FOR THE GOD SAKE ?????
Well probably Destruction but only because there is no fucking Anthrax
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
15.01.2007 - 00:08
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
S.O.D just for "Speak English or Die"

Scott Ian and Charlie Benate were better off in this band because it was more their style.....those two along with Danny Lilker and billy milano's mean as fuck vocals made some of the tightest shit i've ever heard with songs Like "Kill Yourself" and "Pre-menstual Princess blues"

Their Last album before they Disbanded "bigger than the devil" is worthy of a shout-out as well