Metal Storm logo
Best Metallica song

Original post

Posted by darksun, 10.10.2006 - 23:33
metallica is a legend we all know that(please try to forget st.anger disaster for now)
to me best song of metallica no leaf clover especially the one in S&M.So are the unforgivens.I wanna learn hich metallica is loved more.The one before black album or the one between b and st.anger?
10.05.2007 - 11:54
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
Well , i don't like Thrash , and i have never been a big fan of Metallica. But - i really like Black Album , Load and Re-Load. Yeah - Sad But True , Aint My Bitch etc... And i really hate that Justice and Master crap
11.05.2007 - 01:20
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by [user id=23734] on 10.05.2007 at 11:54

Well , i don't like Thrash , and i have never been a big fan of Metallica. But - i really like Black Album , Load and Re-Load. Yeah - Sad But True , Aint My Bitch etc... And i really hate that Justice and Master crap

Either this comment was sarcastic or you are going to be flamed by all of Metalstorm in 3, 2, 1...
11.05.2007 - 02:15
MadGatsu
Written by Taktsekte on 11.05.2007 at 01:20

Either this comment was sarcastic or you are going to be flamed by all of Metalstorm in 3, 2, 1...

hmm..how about freedom of speech? the guy might have his opinion too. He named his fav, and thats what this topic is about. Do you guys start flaming everyone who disagrees with ur own ideas? lol.. I dunno he might even be trying to be sarcastic. i dunno. But if not, then let the guy have his opinion eh?
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
11.05.2007 - 02:38
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
@MadGatsu: No. In fact, respect towards freedom of speech, as long as those comments are based on arguments and explanations, is one of the main reasons why Metal Storm is such a popular site. Nevertheless, Shadowmaker is giving no arguments, he is just stating that he "really like(s) Black Album , Load and Re-Load" and bashing two Thrash jewels (...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets) in spite of not being a Metallica or even Thrash Metal fan. At least he could explain to us why he does not generally like the genre, or shut the hell up instead of criticizing it. You know, for example, I do not like Black Metal and this is why I do not enter Black Metal threads. Again, if I am to bash any band/genre/album I dislike, I do not state that I really hate that [...] crap: I try to support my opinion with arguments and explanations instead.

Oh, the hell, I hate getting so off-topic.
11.05.2007 - 02:46
Powerslave16
Account deleted
Probably Master of Puppets. It's got everything.

Close Choices: Creeping Death, Fade to Black, Blackened, Disposable Heroes, and Blackened.

But most of them (excluding songs from Load & Reload) ROCK!
11.05.2007 - 11:45
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
Written by Taktsekte on 11.05.2007 at 02:38

@MadGatsu: No. In fact, respect towards freedom of speech, as long as those comments are based on arguments and explanations, is one of the main reasons why Metal Storm is such a popular site. Nevertheless, Shadowmaker is giving no arguments, he is just stating that he "really like(s) Black Album , Load and Re-Load" and bashing two Thrash jewels (...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets) in spite of not being a Metallica or even Thrash Metal fan. At least he could explain to us why he does not generally like the genre, or shut the hell up instead of criticizing it. You know, for example, I do not like Black Metal and this is why I do not enter Black Metal threads. Again, if I am to bash any band/genre/album I dislike, I do not state that I really hate that [...] crap: I try to support my opinion with arguments and explanations instead.

Wow dude... Chill !!
If i'll start talking about why i don't like Thrash as a genre , then we will go way much off-topic , because there will be about 100 guys who will be ready to kill me , because of what i said about thrash.
So let's not talk about that. The main thing is - Thrash is not for me(one of my favourite bands is Megadeth - but they are more like a heavy/thrash). Im a heavy/power metal dude with a big respect to oldschool rock. So if i have to choose between Heavy Metal which is seemingly influenced by Blues , and Thrash - i choose the first one. James was really getting into Blues when writing my favourite albums of Metallica(Black Album , Load etc). That is why i like them.
Another reason is band line-up. Im a big fan of Jason. As a bassplayer i seem to be more into his melodic , heavy style of playing , and not into Cliffs overdistorted psychopathic bass solos , which lack any sence of melody of any sence at all(go ahead - shoot me). Of course - some great stuff of Cliff - Anesthesia , Orion - but c'mon - that live stuff was awful.
Cliff maybe was great as a hardcore thrash bassplayer , but im not into that stuff , so i stick to Jason and Black Album.

I hope i made something clearer for you guys.
11.05.2007 - 11:51
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=23734] on 11.05.2007 at 11:45

Wow dude... Chill !!
If i'll start talking about why i don't like Thrash as a genre , then we will go way much off-topic , because there will be about 100 guys who will be ready to kill me , because of what i said about thrash.
So let's not talk about that. The main thing is - Thrash is not for me(one of my favourite bands is Megadeth - but they are more like a heavy/thrash). Im a heavy/power metal dude with a big respect to oldschool rock. So if i have to choose between Heavy Metal which is seemingly influenced by Blues , and Thrash - i choose the first one. James was really getting into Blues when writing my favourite albums of Metallica(Black Album , Load etc). That is why i like them.
Another reason is band line-up. Im a big fan of Jason. As a bassplayer i seem to be more into his melodic , heavy style of playing , and not into Cliffs overdistorted psychopathic bass solos , which lack any sence of melody of any sence at all(go ahead - shoot me). Of course - some great stuff of Cliff - Anesthesia , Orion - but c'mon - that live stuff was awful.
Cliff maybe was great as a hardcore thrash bassplayer , but im not into that stuff , so i stick to Jason and Black Album.

Kudos (a good thing if you dont know ;<) for writing the reason why you like them better

though I strongly disagree with you (I love Jason though, such a cool guy ^-^)
12.05.2007 - 01:00
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by [user id=23734] on 11.05.2007 at 11:45

Wow dude... Chill !!

Yes, that's the way to go! Congratulations for writing such a great and well-explained post, thanks for following my advice and let me apologize if I was too rude with you.
12.05.2007 - 13:00
thedarklordsson
Account deleted
i gotta go for the unforgiven 2 its jst a all round gr8 song
12.05.2007 - 17:49
_HIV_
cant choose between!

-fade to black
-for whom the bell tools
-disposable heroes
-battery
12.05.2007 - 21:12
Warman
Erotic Stains

Without doubt one of the most original posts I've seen on this forum. I highly disagree with what you said in the end, but I won't argue since it's your opinion and I can't and do not want to change it. I just liked to quote you because of your posts originality!
----
14.05.2007 - 18:43
magick
Account deleted
it's hard to pick one but my general favorites out of their entire discography are: "Fade To Black", "Creeping Death", "Ride The Lightning", "Call of the Kthulhu", "From Whom The Bell Tolls", "Blackened", "One", "Orion", "Master of Puppets", "Battery", "Nothing Else Matters", "The God That Failed", "The Outlaw Torn", "Bleeding Me", "Fixxer", and "I Dissapear".
16.05.2007 - 09:33
Metal_Fan_no.1
Account deleted
Metallica have gr8 songs on all the albums...but my fav. would be Master Of Puppets,One,Creeping Death and some kind of monster
16.05.2007 - 13:40
High and Mighty
Account deleted
Seek & Destroy
Battery
Wherever I may roam
The Memory Remains
Tuesday's Gone
Sweet Amber

And all the others mentioned above of course. I can find something new in every record they release.
16.05.2007 - 15:23
__Az__
Damn, this is so hard to measure, they have so many amazing tracks, Its almost impossibe to narrow it down to a single best ONE.... So, Im gonna cheat, and name a few...

The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightening
Blackened
21.05.2007 - 05:44
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
My two favorites are always in competion
One
Master of Puppets
07.07.2007 - 00:25
Dan066
Account deleted
my favorite album is Ride The Lighting, but my top 5 songs (in no order) are:
1. Ride the lightning
2. Harvester of Sorrow
3. Creeping Death
4. Blackend
5. Master of puppets
07.07.2007 - 01:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I would vote for a song like Creeping Death too...that song is so fucking fun to play! And when I played it in my band (before they kicked me out for stupid reasons), it really got the crowd going
07.07.2007 - 06:50
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I guess I am really fond of "One" and "Fade to black." you know, their more depressing balads with sadening lyrics and somber instrumentation.

Then again I am really fond of just pretty much any song from ride the lightning, the whole damned album is epic.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.07.2007 - 10:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
my pick goes to metal militia, because it's just pure over the top DESTRUCTION, especially on the 1982 demo, where it sounds like it was recorded in a cellar or something lol, making it more brutal
10.07.2007 - 04:40
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I haven't listened to Dyers Eve much recently, so I'll add a bunch like some others are doing:
The Four Horsemen
Phantom Lord
Metal Militia
Fight Fire with Fire
Ride the Lightning
Creeping Death
The Call of Ktulu
Battery
Disposable Heroes
Damage, Inc.
Blackened
The Struggle Within

If cursed's talking about the 5:19 Metal Militia that comes before "Let It Loose", I don't like that as much as the album ver cos it misses out a couple riffs, but I truly love the Diamond Head cover "Sucking My Love" with its recording mishaps and all
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
10.07.2007 - 08:05
Torture Killer
Account deleted
My top five no particular order
Hit The Lights
Motorbreath
One
Master Of Puppets
Creeping Death (First time I heard this song I thought he said "So leave me retard" in the chorus)
11.07.2007 - 04:40
Cassandra
Account deleted
that is a tough one.

~the god that failed
~leper messiah
~fade to black

probably more i cant think of. (nothing that came out recently... heh)
11.07.2007 - 06:00
Gilardina
mmm, difficult one, but i must say taht master of puppets, first of all, it was their 1st demo and its a great songs, that makes you bang your head, with great solos, if that isnt enough i dont know what else to write. i also love seek and destroy...
----
and remember, as much as it seems to be real, is all in your mind...
11.07.2007 - 07:42
Their cover of Stone Cold Crazy. They took an awesome song by an awesome band and just awesomed it up
----
oderint dum metuant
11.07.2007 - 19:05
Harvester
Account deleted
HARVESTER OF SOROOW AND MASTER... SO WHAT...AND ALL MUSIC,,,,:wall:
11.07.2007 - 19:31
Black Winter
I also like Hero of The Day , and the work with the SF Symphony, espatially No Leaf Clover
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
12.07.2007 - 00:23
Varegan
Hamranakara
1st-master of puppets
2nd-for whom the bell tolls
3rd-FIXXXER
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

24.10.2007 - 18:59
m3ta1he4d
The Four Horsemen, No Remorse, Metal Militia, Fight Fire With Fire, Ride The Lightning, Escape, Creeping Death, Battery, Master Of Puppets, Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah, Orion, Blackened, ...And Justice For All, Harvester Of Sorrow, The Frayed Ends Of Sanity, TO LIVE IS TO DIE, Don't Tread On Me, Through The Never, Of Wolf And Man, The God That Failed, My Friend Of Misery, The Struggle Within..
25.10.2007 - 12:32
Kilkenny
Account deleted
If I try to limit it to 3 I would say Master Of Puppets, One and Enter Sandman...or Creeping Death...and cant miss out on Fade To Black....and Some Kind of Monster is also a very good one...ow and...ow wait, i would only name 3