Metal Storm logo
Best Metallica song

Original post

Posted by darksun, 10.10.2006 - 23:33
metallica is a legend we all know that(please try to forget st.anger disaster for now)
to me best song of metallica no leaf clover especially the one in S&M.So are the unforgivens.I wanna learn hich metallica is loved more.The one before black album or the one between b and st.anger?
26.10.2007 - 13:27
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Gilardina on 11.07.2007 at 06:00

mmm, difficult one, but i must say taht master of puppets, first of all, it was their 1st demo and its a great songs, that makes you bang your head, with great solos, if that isnt enough i dont know what else to write. i also love seek and destroy...

It wasnt their first demo.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.10.2007 - 04:40
Fuath
dont tread on me, i dont know y, it just is
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

01.11.2007 - 14:52
Woutjinho
Account deleted
uhm.... Metal Militia is one of their best for sure.
04.11.2007 - 23:57
Bulletdodger
Probably Fade To Black , DEFINETLY Fade to Black , the music is great , the lyrics are unique , like the fortaste of Master of Puppets
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
05.11.2007 - 00:18
RhysTerk
Seek & Destroy =)
05.11.2007 - 22:36
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by RhysTerk on 05.11.2007 at 00:18

Seek & Destroy =)

great lyrics
I liked to play it on guitar as well
07.11.2007 - 01:00
Metal Rob!!
Account deleted
For me is Fade to Black....because the ly, the solo, the acoustic intro, I really like this song...
08.11.2007 - 21:26
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
my favorites are

Motorbreath,Wiplash,Metal Militia,
Fight Fire With Fire,Ride The Lightning,Creeping Death
Battery,Master Of Puppets,Disposable Heroes,Damage Inc.
----
Stay Metal !!!
12.11.2007 - 19:27
Woutjinho
Account deleted
forgot about Fight Fire With Fire. one of my top fav. as well.
seeing them these days and listening to metal militia and fight fire with fire really makes you think what the hell happened
10.12.2007 - 20:10
RockeRoy
Orion,fade to black, dont tread on me, master of puppets
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
10.12.2007 - 20:19
Smurfophagist
I can't really narrow it down to just one song...My favorites would be Master Of Puppets, Don't Tread On Me, Holier Than Thou, One, and kickass Metal Militia
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
10.12.2007 - 22:25
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Fade to Black and Master. If I have to pick one, then I'll pick Master. But they're all good.
----
THRASH!!!
11.12.2007 - 04:30
b0000mst1ck
blackened, the thing that should not be, battery. and i have this strange obsession with the outlaw torn as well, which is weird because i didn't care for the rest of load. it's just a great song to me.
11.12.2007 - 22:45
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Whiplash (live) and Fade To Black. These songs are simply unique.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
13.12.2007 - 23:32
MetallicA
man this is a hard one! I'll narrow it down to just 5 songs here off the top of my head...
The Unforgiven
Master of Puppets
Fade to Black
Orion
For Whom the Bell Tolls

I think most people like 80s Metallica more than 90s Metallica though, especially when it comes to whether or not it's considered metal. 90s era-Metallica is more or less hard rock.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
14.12.2007 - 09:27
BADDEST MEMBER
I love all from Master Of Puppets and Ride The Lightning, and Unforgiven, Sad But True, Bleeding Me from Black album and other..

Hard to say which one is best for me, but narrowedly Unforgiven or Fade To Black.
15.12.2007 - 21:52
Syzygy
Account deleted
Newbie here, who's only really gotten into metal in the past year. My first introduction to Metallica was via St. Anger, I ended up being rather uninterested in them.

But anyway, one day I was going through someone else's albums and I stumbled across Master of Puppets. Instant fan.

Believe it or not, I haven't actually heard all the albums. (So far only Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, S&M, Black Album, Creeping Death EP and a few scattered tracks off other albums downloaded.) I plan to get hold of everything though.

Anyway, so far...

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls is simply amazing. The lyrics are great, the aggression and malevolence atmosphere are prominent and the main riff is superb.

2. Battery. The acoustic intro is awesome. I prefer the S&M version to the MoP version - some say the orchestra couldn't keep up, but I disagree. That intro for battery on S&M coveys such an epic and grandiose feel - and then, the pure thrash shines through after that. The fact that it is a live album is even more impressive.

3. Of Wolf and Man. This is a little off though, I think there are songs I've heard that are better - but I'm a huge fan of wolves.

As to the rest.... I can't really decide. Fade to Black blows me away, Master of Puppets, Orion, Disposable Heroes, Creeping Death, Unforgiven, One, No Leaf Clover... It's too hard to say.
18.12.2007 - 18:25
Ascalon
Let me say, that you have to choose because, maybe The Black Album it's a piece of art, it's very different with the old Metallica of the firsts albums, so I have to choose Battery from Mater of Puppets, One from And Justice For All, and my favourite form Ride the Lightning "Fade to Black" ...
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
19.12.2007 - 10:08
BADDEST MEMBER
Agree with Syzgy, Battery is very good song with guitar intro, also riff of Kirk Hammet is very powerful.
19.12.2007 - 10:18
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Yeah. Also I think that Ride The Lightning (the song) is kind of underrated. It has a kickass intro. Before I even started listening to metal I thought that the intro was awesome, however I didn't bother to listen to the rest of the song, haha.. What a fool I was.
----
THRASH!!!
13.01.2008 - 21:41
Son of Odin
Master of puppets.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
14.01.2008 - 00:06
Olli
I really love "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" right now but I like most of Metallica's songs, so it changes fairly often.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
14.01.2008 - 01:13
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
My fav. is most probably Creeping Death, great riffs and an awesome song in general. And all the songs I really like on Kill 'em All is Dave Mustain material and I don't consider them metallica songs.
14.01.2008 - 14:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=26778] on 14.01.2008 at 01:13

And all the songs I really like on Kill 'em All is Dave Mustain material and I don't consider them metallica songs.

Why not? They are co-written but Hetfield so it as much Metallica material as it is Mustaine's
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2008 - 23:01
IllNiñoSweden
Hmm... I kind of like "One" and "Whiskey in the jar" because Metallica makes a interesting and great metal cover of old Thin Lizzy´s.
14.01.2008 - 23:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2008 at 14:37

Written by [user id=26778] on 14.01.2008 at 01:13

And all the songs I really like on Kill 'em All is Dave Mustain material and I don't consider them metallica songs.

Why not? They are co-written but Hetfield so it as much Metallica material as it is Mustaine's

Man, you stole my post!
----
19.01.2008 - 09:56
Seigneur Poison
Account deleted
Fade to black
Battery
Of wolf and man
14.02.2008 - 14:22
In_tallica
people are probably gonna call me a sellout now, but i must say ''nothing else matters''
it is the best song ever, PERIOD!
15.02.2008 - 22:16
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Whenever I May Roam
19.02.2008 - 15:54
Charional
There are many fave songs for me:
One, Wherever I May Roam, Mama Said, Unforgiven I&II, Nothing Else Matters, St.Anger...