Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
21.01.2007 - 16:44
Sunioj
Im really, really, really obsessed with them now, In the nightside eclipse and Anthems to welkin at dusk have had the luxury being in my cd player constantly for almost two weeks. My favorites are Cosmic Keys to my creation, I am the black wizards, Inno a satanna, Acclamation of bonds, Ye entrancperium, The curse of loss of Reverance. I think this band is must for any dissection fan...
22.01.2007 - 14:40
Vakshay
Account deleted
In the Nightside Eclipse is all I have of them (I need Wrath of the Tyrant). One of the few BM bands I know of that demonstrate a high level of musicianship. Nightside.... is just dripping in epic atmosphere and it blows me away everytime to think young kids (they were teens when it was recorded I think) could create something with such grandeur. Not every track is a standout but it deserves its place as a classic.

Oh, and the coverart is untouchable.
23.01.2007 - 00:02
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
why does everyone bag on "wrath of the Tyrants"?....i think it's pretty solid shit....full of raw energy and all that fun junk
23.01.2007 - 00:13
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14754] on 23.01.2007 at 00:02

why does everyone bag on "wrath of the Tyrants"?....i think it's pretty solid shit....full of raw energy and all that fun junk

Wrath of the Tyrant is awesome. Definitly not something you should miss if you like your BM raw. Solid, catchy, raw and with shitloads of anger. Great stuff indeed !
23.01.2007 - 00:18
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5394] on 23.01.2007 at 00:13

Written by [user id=14754] on 23.01.2007 at 00:02

Wrath of the Tyrant is awesome. Definitly not something you should miss if you like your BM raw. Solid, catchy, raw and with shitloads of anger. Great stuff indeed !

glad someone agrees with me
23.01.2007 - 17:54
NECURATU
I like wrath a lot, though ihsahn's voice is a killer funny sometimes;D

My favorite album remains "In The Nightshade Eclipse". Wild, deep, chaotic stuff. I find it a tad too long and a bit tiring sometimes, but Emperor have never been a band one can fully grasp and love at first sight. Anyway, i think the image they had back on Nightshade suites them best.

I like the rest of their stuff too, though Prometheus seems a bit too chaotic. I still fail to see a general ideea for that album, but perhaps it was never intended for it to have one.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
23.01.2007 - 17:59
Basso
Account deleted
Written by NECURATU on 23.01.2007 at 17:54

I like wrath a lot, though ihsahn's voice is a killer funny sometimes;D

My favorite album remains "In The Nightshade Eclipse". Wild, deep, chaotic stuff. I find it a tad too long and a bit tiring sometimes, but Emperor have never been a band one can fully grasp and love at first sight. Anyway, i think the image they had back on Nightshade suites them best.

I like the rest of their stuff too, though Prometheus seems a bit too chaotic. I still fail to see a general ideea for that album, but perhaps it was never intended for it to have one.

Listen to the album and read the lyrics. The whole album is a story based on the Prometheus tale. It is amazing.
23.01.2007 - 18:10
Sunioj
Prometheus is great, I dont think its very chaotic as compared to equilibrium or anthems to the welkin at dusk. IMO.
24.01.2007 - 15:10
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
Emperor is one of the very few black metal bands that i like...i believe that they have a unique sound and style...I also like the wedding with keyboard that gave their music a different atmposhaire...
The guitar work is perfect(something that i have not seen in many black metal bands)and the vocals are amazing...
Generally great band...

My favourite album from Emperor is "In The Nightside Eclipse"but i also adore"Anthems to the welking at dusk"
26.01.2007 - 20:01
NECURATU
Thanks for the tip Basso, but I failed to see the connection with the greek legend. Upon a careful consideration, I'd say it's more like a quest for something that turns out to be nothing. Prometheus is the symbol of cunning and wisdom and his story seems to have quite a different dirrection than the one depicted in the Emperor album.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
27.01.2007 - 06:07
bucky01403
Account deleted
Awesome album. Empty is nothing short of amazing.
28.01.2007 - 07:38
Winter Death
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 23.01.2007 at 18:10

Prometheus is great, I dont think its very chaotic as compared to equilibrium or anthems to the welkin at dusk. IMO.

I second this. Prometheus was more melodic than chaotic. Even in light of this, Emperor could still do no wrong.
01.02.2007 - 04:05
heresiarch
Forever Dead
something I found excellent video from the past , this is what BM concert should be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRLbiM6_T-8

enjoy
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
01.02.2007 - 17:09
Sunioj
@Heresiarch
Its awesome seeing them younger, that reminds me of when Jon Nodveidt used to have long hair in a live video on youtube from the days of the somberlain.
04.02.2007 - 21:31
Emperor IX
Emperor is the most underated band in metal. Their musicianship is nothing short of brilliant.
I listen to them almost every day. IX Equilibrium is probably my favourite album, although
Nightside and Anthems are a very close equal second.
04.02.2007 - 22:30
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Emperor IX on 04.02.2007 at 21:31

Emperor is the most underated band in metal. Their musicianship is nothing short of brilliant.
I listen to them almost every day. IX Equilibrium is probably my favourite album, although

Emperor is really popular in metal circles so I wouldnt say they are underrated.
04.02.2007 - 23:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5394] on 04.02.2007 at 22:30

Written by Emperor IX on 04.02.2007 at 21:31

Emperor is really popular in metal circles so I wouldnt say they are underrated.

I totaly agree whit you IMO all ppl what had hera BM knwo Emperor ok maybe black metal days early 90ties can be underated but otherwise
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2007 - 00:03
APOHAKC
The Bard
Heil to Emperor, this is the best name for this band, Emperor!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.02.2007 - 02:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 05.02.2007 at 00:03

Hahah well not realy there are much better names for band like I dunno but Emperor song title ''Kosmic Keys To My Cretures and Times'' are awsome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.02.2007 - 08:47
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 05.02.2007 at 02:37

Written by APOHAKC on 05.02.2007 at 00:03

Hahah well not realy there are much better names for band like I dunno but Emperor song title ''Kosmic Keys To My Cretures and Times'' are awsome

Oh yes. the song is also awesome.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
17.02.2007 - 00:19
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Emperor is coming to TUSKA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL at Helsinki I'm so gonna be there
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
17.02.2007 - 00:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Then my question is after these tours/concerts ... disbanded or active?
----
17.02.2007 - 02:13
Basso
Account deleted
I am also starting to wonder if this really is a reuining tour or a reunion... They are playing everywhere.
17.02.2007 - 12:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
I think that this is not only reunion tour, I read somewere that Samoth and Ishahn are making new material for some new songs, but they said nothing about the album, maybe they are keeping that in secret. It would be good to have Emperor back on the scene
----
17.02.2007 - 13:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
If there really was a reunion I'd have nothing against it, just that I think it would be a little ridiculous if that was the case.
----
17.02.2007 - 13:19
Basso
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 17.02.2007 at 12:47

I think that this is not only reunion tour, I read somewere that Samoth and Ishahn are making new material for some new songs, but they said nothing about the album, maybe they are keeping that in secret. It would be good to have Emperor back on the scene

I thought the exact same thing yesterday night... That they might be recodring material etc in secret. Since they really have huge timegaps between each show, so I wouldnt be surprised if they spent that time in studio or something. But seriously... if they are to release something it has to be damn good, and not some tragic accident of music like Dissection's Reinkhaoz..
17.02.2007 - 15:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
It could be true, why not? I mean they are one of the biggest Black Metal bands ever, and they have great reputation worldwide. I think that musicians like Samoth and Ishahn can't make something bad, they are very creative and they make long break after their last release, they split up. I am sure they have many new ideas, and if they deside to record them it would be another Emperor masterpiece, I am sure in that.
----
17.02.2007 - 15:24
Basso
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 17.02.2007 at 15:19

It could be true, why not? I mean they are one of the biggest Black Metal bands ever, and they have great reputation worldwide. I think that musicians like Samoth and Ishahn can't make something bad, they are very creative and they make long break after their last release, they split up. I am sure they have many new ideas, and if they deside to record them it would be another Emperor masterpiece, I am sure in that.

I really hope so. I wonder what kind of sound it would have. I get the feeling it would be in the vein of Ihsah's solo project. But if both samoth and Ihsahn write the music it might be more agressive.
22.02.2007 - 18:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Is Ihsahns solo project something you guys would recommend?
----
22.02.2007 - 18:49
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 22.02.2007 at 18:44

Is Ihsahns solo project something you guys would recommend?

Well it is basicly a more progressive and easy on the ear version of Prometheus. I was quite dissapointed with it to be honest. But it is indeed a great album, yet it doesnt even touch the shadow of Emperor. Download a few songs to try it. If you like what you hear buy it.