Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
22.10.2007 - 12:30
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by BloodTears on 21.10.2007 at 16:40

Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 16:32

Written by BloodTears on 21.10.2007 at 14:55

can someone tell me what Rammstein means in german? If it has some meaning at all.

Don't know if this will help you:

"Rammstein means a stone battering ram. (Rammen meaning to ram, and stein meaning stone). Another theory is it is named after the Ramstein (only one 'm') airbase, in Germany, where a spectacular airshow disaster occured. The last song on the bands debut album, Herzeleid, also the first song Rammstein ever wrote, was inspired by this accident. "

Oh yes that helps. Its interesting.

Actually both explenations given are right. They named themselves after the airbase but added the extra 'm' to have the word play. Believe an explenation is given at herzeleid.com
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.10.2007 - 20:02
Olli
Written by [user id=18405] on 18.08.2007 at 02:51

Written by Ellrohir on 17.08.2007 at 11:16

i only enjoy "Ohne dich"...

and Sonne has really funny video-clip

The clip that was made for Sonne is one of the best they have made!!! It's not funny! I found it so dark... But the best remains Mein Teil.. I think I have watched that video at least 100 times.

Yeah that video is incredible.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
24.10.2007 - 09:57
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Olli on 23.10.2007 at 20:02

The clip that was made for Sonne is one of the best they have made!!! It's not funny! I found it so dark... But the best remains Mein Teil.. I think I have watched that video at least 100 times.

Yeah Mein Teil is great...laughed my arse off when Till ate that angel
----

06.11.2007 - 17:51
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Happy birthday to Flake
----

12.11.2007 - 13:16
VPeter
I look forward to the new album, they said it was going to get heavier again;D I hope it will brush away the bad aftertaste Rosenrot left on me.
12.12.2007 - 18:17
Philaenas
Account deleted
My personal favourite album of Rammstein has to be "Mutter". Especially Mutter itself and Sonne are superb songs. Another song I can really appreciate is Du Hast, really nice!
18.12.2007 - 00:32
Anti-Morten
Account deleted
Volkerball is the best DVD that Rammstein has ever come out with!!!

I would suggest purchasing the "Special edition" w/ the DVD/CD/Interviews.

Uber cool!!!!
18.12.2007 - 03:57
Gina73ss
Written by [user id=2030] on 18.12.2007 at 00:32

Volkerball is the best DVD that Rammstein has ever come out with!!!

I would suggest purchasing the "Special edition" w/ the DVD/CD/Interviews.

Uber cool!!!!

Anti-Morten- your way Uber cool. LOL
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
19.12.2007 - 04:55
Anti-Morten
Account deleted
If you watch the DVD and the interview, it'll make it clear what Rammstein is all about.

You can purchase the "special edition" here!

http://www.amazon.com/Volkerball-Special-Rammstein/dp/B000JLPMEE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1198032788&sr=8-1

Many resources here at Amazon.

Yeah!!!!

Rock on.....and play with fire!!!(just not around the Christmas tree.)

Anti-Morten.

Stay cool!!!!
01.02.2008 - 12:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The latest episode of "Talking Metal" features an interview host John Ostronomy conducted with Richard Z. Kruspe. The podcast can be downloaded at this location (iTunes users can also subscribe to "Talking Metal" for free at this location).
01.02.2008 - 12:50
Damnated
Churchburner
i haven't listened to Rammstein for 3-4 years, but i picked up Mutter yesterday. i don't like it as much as i used to, but it still sounds very good.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.02.2008 - 16:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Damnated on 01.02.2008 at 12:50

i haven't listened to Rammstein for 3-4 years, but i picked up Mutter yesterday. i don't like it as much as i used to, but it still sounds very good.

Ah... these days are gone for ever...
I'm looking forward to see the next album they'll release and if it will be better or worst than Rosenrot
----
Bitch! Please
04.02.2008 - 17:10
Iceland_Norway
I will buy all albums, letting Rosenrot over the bookshelf. It's worse album.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
05.02.2008 - 19:05
Elodie Artour
Slania
Rammstein are good,I like them.But I don't think they play industrial metal. :
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.02.2008 - 23:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=18405] on 20.08.2007 at 03:37

The single Mann Gegen Mann is the one of the songs I like the least, among all Rammstein's... And I don't like muscled men. Mucles.. ewww...

I don't like music videos at all, but Rammstein's are always special, in a way or another. Their best videos are the ones they made during the Mutter and Reise Reise era.

Have you read the lyrics of Mann Gegen Mann?
The lyrics on that song are about the homosexuals and stuff.. and they are brilliant.
Even if I'm not gay LOL....

The Video might be disturbing for some people... but it suits the songs in a very good way... But like you said, it's not their best video...
It's "Ich Will" IMO... Sonne is a better song... but Ich will's video is just insane. And it suits the entire song. wich IMO is not Sonne's case @_____@
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.02.2008 - 23:32
ãtuã
I think Sehnsucht is the best album they've come up with so far:banger:
21.03.2008 - 04:52
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I have all of their albums and love their first one the best. I got Mutter first, and actually that probably was my first Metal CD.
----
Seize the weed of production!
21.03.2008 - 04:52
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I have all of their albums and love their first one the best. I got Mutter first, and actually that probably was my first Metal CD.
----
27.03.2008 - 13:16
owl
Rammstein hit me like one of the 'battering stones' in the translation of their name. Back in 2001 they changed the way I feel music, just like Metallica did in 1993. I'll just say Rammstein opened the second wave of Metal in my life. Even if I'm not sure they are indeed Metal, but that's not important.

Best album? Can't say. They have 3 different phases, in my opinion, and they're all good in their own way: 1. Herzeleid-Sehnsucht; 2. Mutter; 3. Reise Reise-Rosenrot. I guess Mutter might have been their most important (in the sense of breakthrough) work, but I can't say it's my favorite. Maybe Sehnsucht.
----
27.03.2008 - 14:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by owl on 27.03.2008 at 13:16

Rammstein hit me like one of the 'battering stones' in the translation of their name. Back in 2001 they changed the way I feel music, just like Metallica did in 1993. I'll just say Rammstein opened the second wave of Metal in my life. Even if I'm not sure they are indeed Metal, but that's not important.

Best album? Can't say. They have 3 different phases, in my opinion, and they're all good in their own way: 1. Herzeleid-Sehnsucht; 2. Mutter; 3. Reise Reise-Rosenrot. I guess Mutter might have been their most important (in the sense of breakthrough) work, but I can't say it's my favorite. Maybe Sehnsucht.

They changed my view of music too... especially because of the incredible lyrics.
I haven't seen lyrics like that in my entire life... They are just for fucked off minds but still beautiful.
I can't say wich album is the best... I have their entire discography and every one have it's own "thing"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.03.2008 - 13:22
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I have all of their albums and my favorite are Herzeleid and Reise Reise. Rosenrot was OK, but the rest of there records are great.
----
30.03.2008 - 13:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by ☭ Mr. S &#9773 on 30.03.2008 at 13:22

I have all of their albums and my favorite are Herzeleid and Reise Reise. Rosenrot was OK, but the rest of there records are great.

I think you are the first person I've heard saying that 'Reise, Reise' was one of their favourite Rammstein albums! Most people just bitch about. It's not my favourite but I still really like it.
----

30.03.2008 - 14:00
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I felt brave. I really feel that the album (Reise Reise) Is very solid and i can listen to it over and over again, without skipping songs.
----
30.03.2008 - 14:47
AnKleDork
Account deleted
Written by GT on 24.10.2007 at 09:57

Written by Olli on 23.10.2007 at 20:02

the best song thei play gotta be the feuer frei song.. and i love the video 2:D:D

Yeah Mein Teil is great...laughed my arse off when Till ate that angel
30.03.2008 - 14:53
AnKleDork
Account deleted
Written by GT on 30.03.2008 at 13:38

I think you are the first person I've heard saying that 'Reise, Reise' was one of their favourite Rammstein albums! Most people just bitch about. It's not my favourite but I still really like it.

how can u bitch about reise reise, its a great song.
is it true that Till has left rammstein...ive heard it but not shure it was true.
is it?
30.03.2008 - 15:10
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by [user id=31692] on 30.03.2008 at 14:53

Written by GT on 30.03.2008 at 13:38

how can u bitch about reise reise, its a great song.
is it true that Till has left rammstein...ive heard it but not shure it was true.
is it?

Yeah the song is great and so is the album but apparently many people think otherwise. I haven't heard anything about Till leaving
----

30.03.2008 - 15:24
owl

is it?
Heh, that's a pretty old rumour, man.
And it's false, of course. Right now they're (supposedly) together working in the next album.
----
30.03.2008 - 15:46
AnKleDork
Account deleted
Written by owl on 30.03.2008 at 15:24

is it?
And it's false, of course. Right now they're (supposedly) together working in the next album.

phu!...thats good.
rammstein wouldnt be rammstein without Till!
Hail Till!
30.03.2008 - 15:50
AnKleDork
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31692] on 30.03.2008 at 15:46

is it?

phu!...thats good.
Hail Till!

Since the rumour did alarm people that Till Lindemann would leave Rammstein after the release of the upcoming album, we are pleased to inform you that after consulting Rammstein manager Emanuel Fialik, the so-called news turns out being a fake.

?Neither Till Lindemann nor another band member plans to leave Rammstein. The band is currently working on the next album and is in an excellent mood. As the greed for news is the actual doping in cycling, this 'news' is only serving those who spread the same. Though the world knows now that EnEsch has moved to Berlin, even the poor EnEsch was shocked by the outlook to have to step into Till Lindemanns footsteps. I hope he and the fans of the band will recover soon from this false report."

copyed from rammstein.com

damn right it was fake hehe:D
30.03.2008 - 15:50
AnKleDork
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31692] on 30.03.2008 at 15:46

is it?

phu!...thats good.
Hail Till!

Since the rumour did alarm people that Till Lindemann would leave Rammstein after the release of the upcoming album, we are pleased to inform you that after consulting Rammstein manager Emanuel Fialik, the so-called news turns out being a fake.

?Neither Till Lindemann nor another band member plans to leave Rammstein. The band is currently working on the next album and is in an excellent mood. As the greed for news is the actual doping in cycling, this 'news' is only serving those who spread the same. Though the world knows now that EnEsch has moved to Berlin, even the poor EnEsch was shocked by the outlook to have to step into Till Lindemanns footsteps. I hope he and the fans of the band will recover soon from this false report."

copyed from rammstein.com

damn right it was fake hehe:D