Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
05.01.2008 - 19:17
malena
Iron maiden... still
metallica... in the past
06.01.2008 - 04:25
In_tallica
i love both bands, and i think maiden deserves the vote, because they stuck to their style longer, and still does to this day!
metallica sold out later on, so i maiden definetly deserves more cradit, but i'm to much in love with metallicas old stuff to choose maiden...:(
metallica it is...sorry bruce
06.01.2008 - 20:36
RhysTerk
Why is everybody voting IM?
Thought guys on this site like it when it's extreme?
13.01.2008 - 21:27
Son of Odin
Maiden all the way!!!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
14.01.2008 - 05:05
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I will go with Maiden, first off because i listen to them more than Metallica, and these guys did'nt let me down halfway through their career. Metallica sold out at one point so they went lower in my esteem. Although if it was to be Metallica's older albums vs. Maiden that would be a very hard choice and i think i would go for the thrash brothers this time.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
14.01.2008 - 06:29
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by RhysTerk on 06.01.2008 at 20:36
Thought guys on this site like it when it's extreme?

Melodic metallers have outweighed the extremers on here for quite a while, just look at the fans numbers on the bands index
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
05.02.2008 - 19:02
Karel CV
Account deleted
Maiden kicks Metallica in every possible way, oldays and nowadays. Metallica has to step aside because Maiden is going all the way at full speed
18.02.2008 - 05:19
Godfather
Maiden is the band that will never disapoint a real headbanger metalfan like Metallica did, with their load/reload deep shit albums.
IRON MAIDEN is the best band in the world .keep voting them
19.02.2008 - 03:46
iaberis
Advice Troll
Iron Maiden! Metallica is way too overrated and I can't really see why all this fuzz about them...
----
Bitch! Please
19.02.2008 - 20:12
Tencho
Can these bands be compared?
I think that they are two very different bands to be compared...
20.02.2008 - 19:09
Mustis
Account deleted
Iron Maiden is the best band ever. Metallica is in the past, they had good songs, excellent songs, but after st. anger they are pure shit, its sad but its the true. Maiden still great
22.02.2008 - 19:17
Charional
I like Metallica better than Iron Maiden but i accept Iron Maiden play better than Metallica.
23.02.2008 - 14:34
IllNiñoSweden
I change my vote to Metalica, because I have listen more to Metalica and I think they have better guitars than Iron Maiden.
23.02.2008 - 14:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Tencho on 19.02.2008 at 20:12

Can these bands be compared?
I think that they are two very different bands to be compared...

Yes they can, for the reason which is explained in the first post.
----
24.02.2008 - 02:09
Lord of Entropy
Account deleted
For me I am comparing Metallica's glory days to Iron Maiden's older most we regarded works and I still prefer Metallica. Metallica at one point had the perfect formula for their music up until their experimentation on the Load and Reload albums (AKA they sucked).

I never really was able to get that into Iron Maiden.

METALLICA!!
25.02.2008 - 09:56
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 23.02.2008 at 14:34

I change my vote to Metalica, because I have listen more to Metalica and I think they have better guitars than Iron Maiden.

I disagree, Iron Maiden's guitarists are more competent than metallica's - both Smith and Murray and even Jers. Hammet hasn't made a decent guitar solo since the black album.
25.02.2008 - 17:25
IllNiñoSweden
Written by [user id=17278] on 25.02.2008 at 09:56

I disagree, Iron Maiden's guitarists are more competent than metallica's - both Smith and Murray and even Jers. Hammet hasn't made a decent guitar solo since the black album.

Have listen to Iron Maidens guitars they have not good riff in the songs.
I forgot Iron Maidens singer "Bruce Dickinson". And I think he has a very boring voice in the songs.

And Iron Maiden had over 20 members (1975-2008) in the band, it is a very boring band!!

No offence man and all other Iron Maiden fans.
25.02.2008 - 18:14
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 25.02.2008 at 17:25

Written by [user id=17278] on 25.02.2008 at 09:56

Have listen to Iron Maidens guitars they have not good riff in the songs.
I forgot Iron Maidens singer "Bruce Dickinson". And I think he have a very boring voice in the songs.

And Iron Maiden had over 20 members (1975-2008) in the band, it is very boring band!!

No offense man and all other Iron Maiden fans.

none taken; after all it's all a matter of taste. If you are into more aggressive metal, I can't blame you for not liking Maiden and finding them "boring"; I've always liked Maiden guitarists, they cleverly and greatly complete each other - that's one of the reasons Maiden has had staying power, and with the leading bass of Steve Harris, it all worked out.
26.02.2008 - 06:44
NOИ
Metallica, especially in the old days!
10.03.2008 - 00:01
sic
Account deleted
i say metallica for the simple fact the iron maiden is garbage. any one song of metallica's music is better than any song iron maiden ever put out, regardless of how shitty the metallica song might be
10.03.2008 - 14:09
Hangar XVIII
Tough one.
Metallica. Their old stuff at least. First four albums were god to me before I even got into metal.
They get a lot of shit they don't deserve.

Iron maiden is more 'Classic', but I can just listen to Metallica more...
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
10.03.2008 - 18:26
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31293] on 10.03.2008 at 00:01

i say metallica for the simple fact the iron maiden is garbage. any one song of metallica's music is better than any song iron maiden ever put out, regardless of how shitty the metallica song might be

Your statement is embarrassing and annoying; I understand you prefer Metallica than Iron Maiden but there are more decent ways to express that idea; honestly, a simple sentence such as "I like Metallica more than Iron Maiden" would've been perfect.

I call no music "garbage", my classification is simpler - just music I LIKE and music I DISLIKE, that's all. As simple as that.
24.03.2008 - 16:21
sic
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17278] on 10.03.2008 at 18:26

Your statement is embarrassing and annoying; I understand you prefer Metallica than Iron Maiden but there are more decent ways to express that idea; honestly, a simple sentence such as "I like Metallica more than Iron Maiden" would've been perfect.

I call no music "garbage", my classification is simpler - just music I LIKE and music I DISLIKE, that's all. As simple as that.

i didnt mean to offend anyone or make myself sound stupid, but it gets a better rise out of ppl. if everyone said "i like metallica" or "i like iron maiden" this thread would suck. u wouldnt need to post, u could just vote.

but back to my point, just because metallica may have "sold-out" doesnt change the fact that they released some of the best metal songs written. to say that they suck because they sold out is ignorant. they are arguably the biggest (and probably the best) influence metal has ever had. i can tolerate some maiden songs, but only because of the guitar riffs; i really DISLIKE bruce's vocals for most every track. not that he can't sing, its just annoying..
24.03.2008 - 17:24
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31293] on 24.03.2008 at 16:21

Written by [user id=17278] on 10.03.2008 at 18:26

i didnt mean to offend anyone or make myself sound stupid, but it gets a better rise out of ppl. if everyone said "i like metallica" or "i like iron maiden" this thread would suck. u wouldnt need to post, u could just vote.

but back to my point, just because metallica may have "sold-out" doesnt change the fact that they released some of the best metal songs written. to say that they suck because they sold out is ignorant. they are arguably the biggest (and probably the best) influence metal has ever had. i can tolerate some maiden songs, but only because of the guitar riffs; i really DISLIKE bruce's vocals for most every track. not that he can't sing, its just annoying..

Why didn't you write something like that in the first place . Oh well...now things make sense.

I don't think Metallica sold out, but they rather lost inspiration, creativity; they should have never put out an album such as St Anger - there are some good ideas there, if only they orked on them more, and let Hammett come up with some solos/ideas. How long does it take them to make an album? I kinda lost my faith in them, with the St Anger album and this post poning of the new release - nevertheless, I shall buy the new album, hope they do something decent.
24.03.2008 - 21:44
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by malena on 05.01.2008 at 19:17

Iron maiden... still
metallica... in the past

I agree with you... As a career I choose Maiden but in the 80's Metallica don´t give a chance!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
28.03.2008 - 16:40
Rusher
Well, considering only the 80ies, it would be hard to choose.
But overall, it's easy, Iron Maiden for sure!!!
Metallica sold out, released some really bad albums and I'm not even interested about their upcoming release.
28.03.2008 - 22:56
DevilishSong
important, influential, famous and outstanding .......
ok i think "influential" is too important and really Iron Maiden was the winner and still goes on.
29.03.2008 - 14:32
HELLilac
People voted for Metallica because they WERE great.

People voted for Maiden because they ARE great.

Am I right?
----
AS SOON AS YOU'RE BORN, YOU'RE DYING..
29.03.2008 - 16:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by HELLilac on 29.03.2008 at 14:32

People voted for Metallica because they WERE great.

People voted for Maiden because they ARE great.

Am I right?

Yes you are Metallica was thrash metal now thay are trash
Iron Maiden was good are good and will be good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.04.2008 - 08:04
IronBlackZepp
Iron Maiden was great and are still great. They put out album after album and they are all some of the best metal albums ever. Metallica put out 5 graet albums, Kil em all through the Black album. After that they went down hill. load and reload were not too good. And everyone knows that ST. Anger is pure crap. Hopfuly the new album will be good, even though they will never top Maiden as far as im concerned.