Metal Storm logo
Karnivool

30.12.2007 - 07:15
Fuath

i had a look, and so far no thread of karnivool, so i made one, if there is something wrong with this thread, delete it if you feel is is necessary

Great band, so far i have persona and themata
i was introduced to this band about half way through this year when my cousin said he worked with the drummer, so for my birthday i was given a signed themata cd from the band with all the happy birthday and all that sort of stuff written all over it
later this year i went and bough persona, bit of a let down, but still great music nonetheless

what does every one else think? do you like the band?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

13.01.2008 - 04:21
b0000mst1ck

these guys are okay. i've had themata for a while now, but i haven't listened to it a lot due to their lack of originality. i do think their singer is pretty talented, though. the same goes for their drummer. he just does a great job all-around.

shutterspeed, fear of the sky, and mauseum are awesome songs, however...as well as the title track.
13.01.2008 - 10:58
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 13.01.2008 at 04:21

these guys are okay. i've had themata for a while now, but i haven't listened to it a lot due to their lack of originality. i do think their singer is pretty talented, though. the same goes for their drummer. he just does a great job all-around.

shutterspeed, fear of the sky, and mauseum are awesome songs, however...as well as the title track.

i agree, but i think there is some originality in them, maybe not much, but i think they will improve to have their own unique sound sooner or later
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

13.01.2008 - 22:33
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 13.01.2008 at 10:58

i agree, but i think there is some originality in them, maybe not much, but i think they will improve to have their own unique sound sooner or later

i hope so, because they do have a lot of potential.

also, this is a band i would enjoy seeing. their music is the kind that always sounds great live, and i wonder if they're good stage musicians or not. unfortunately, i'll probably never know.
14.01.2008 - 03:04
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 13.01.2008 at 22:33

Written by Fuath on 13.01.2008 at 10:58

i hope so, because they do have a lot of potential.

also, this is a band i would enjoy seeing. their music is the kind that always sounds great live, and i wonder if they're good stage musicians or not. unfortunately, i'll probably never know.

i dunno whether you have heard of it or not, but we have a gig every year called the big day out, my cousin got backsatge tickets to see all the bands playing and talk and all that sort of thing with them backstage, and my cousin wanted to pay for me to fly over to perth to go with him, but my mum said no, because i have school
but i still have my signed CD so im happy
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.01.2008 - 03:58
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 03:04

i dunno whether you have heard of it or not, but we have a gig every year called the big day out, my cousin got backsatge tickets to see all the bands playing and talk and all that sort of thing with them backstage, and my cousin wanted to pay for me to fly over to perth to go with him, but my mum said no, because i have school

that's too bad cuz it sounds like it'd be a good time. how far is that from you?
14.01.2008 - 04:06
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 14.01.2008 at 03:58

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 03:04

that's too bad cuz it sounds like it'd be a good time. how far is that from you?

other side of australia
i live in canberra
i went there early last year, and i think it took about 4 hours
but because of the time difference, i left canberra at about 7:30 and got there about 9:30 ish
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.01.2008 - 04:12
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 04:06

other side of australia
i live in canberra
but because of the time difference, i left canberra at about 7:30 and got there about 9:30 ish

you'd think they'd have a festival like that during the weekend. makes no sense to me...lol.
14.01.2008 - 04:42
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 14.01.2008 at 04:12

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 04:06

other side of australia
i live in canberra

you'd think they'd have a festival like that during the weekend. makes no sense to me...lol.

well, their school holidays are different to my school holidays, they finish sooner, and start later, so in there holidays, im at school
but this festival is held pretty much all over australia
in perth, sydney,melbourne, darwin
but not canberra, i mean why not canberra? canberra is the capital of australia
it just doesnt make sense
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.01.2008 - 06:56
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 04:42

well, their school holidays are different to my school holidays, they finish sooner, and start later, so in there holidays, im at school

i know what you mean. like if a band from europe tours the US they won't come to pittsburgh, pa (one of the major cities in my state) but they'll go to altoona, pa instead. altoona, btw, is in the middle of pennsylvania (aka: nowhere) with a population of about 50,000 people.
14.01.2008 - 07:06
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 14.01.2008 at 06:56

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 04:42

i know what you mean. like if a band from europe tours the US they won't come to pittsburgh, pa (one of the major cities in my state) but they'll go to altoona, pa instead. altoona, btw, is in the middle of pennsylvania (aka: nowhere) with a population of about 50,000 people.

i think its because we dont have as many people as sydney and other places, which is stupid, because i think that we are just as important
we had alice cooper here
so i dont think its the facilities that are a problem, i just think its because most bands that come to canberra are too gay
all the good ones go to "the more imortant" places
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

15.01.2008 - 07:43
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 07:06

i think its because we dont have as many people as sydney and other places, which is stupid, because i think that we are just as important
we had alice cooper here
so i dont think its the facilities that are a problem, i just think its because most bands that come to canberra are too gay

that's how i feel about it, too. the last concert i went to was back in september and it was sold out a week before. so we have a good music scene, it's just that metal isn't popular, except for metalcore.

anyway, have you seen any of karnivool's videos on youtube?
15.01.2008 - 07:52
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 15.01.2008 at 07:43

Written by Fuath on 14.01.2008 at 07:06

we had alice cooper here

that's how i feel about it, too. the last concert i went to was back in september and it was sold out a week before. so we have a good music scene, it's just that metal isn't popular, except for metalcore.

anyway, have you seen any of karnivool's videos on youtube?

i dont really understand much of the genres of metal, i dont really venture out of the ones i know, black,death,melodeath,viking,symphonic etc.....

i have seen a bit of themata on itunes, thats one hell of a fly
but you tube doesnt work on my computer for some strange reason, so i need to get that fixed
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

15.01.2008 - 09:17
b0000mst1ck

Written by Fuath on 15.01.2008 at 07:52

i dont really understand much of the genres of metal, i dont really venture out of the ones i know, black,death,melodeath,viking,symphonic etc.....

but you tube doesnt work on my computer for some strange reason, so i need to get that fixed

i see what you mean. i've been exposed to a lot of different music over the years. although it's my passion...lol.

but yeah, there a few good videos on youtube, so if you figure out what's wrong definitely search for them. there's a live video of them playing themata, and it even has a decent sound quality.
16.01.2008 - 08:38
Fuath

Written by b0000mst1ck on 15.01.2008 at 09:17

Written by Fuath on 15.01.2008 at 07:52

i see what you mean. i've been exposed to a lot of different music over the years. although it's my passion...lol.

but yeah, there a few good videos on youtube, so if you figure out what's wrong definitely search for them. there's a live video of them playing themata, and it even has a decent sound quality.

my cousin came over and did a clean up on my computer
so im going to give it a try now
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

20.05.2008 - 13:49
Arwen

Really great band with fantastic vocal and a good ideas in music, I fount them by accident and I'm glad I did :p
08.06.2008 - 05:07
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
I like these guys from the little bit I've heard... Themata, Roquefort and Life-like.

A nice new fresh take on the scene-- good vocals and an overall cool sound.
11.09.2009 - 18:03
Njord
njord
These guys will do a tour in UK and USA.

Anyone who sees them pls write here some feedback of the concert. I would like to know if their live performance is nice.
26.11.2009 - 05:08
whatsacow

Karnivool is good. It's awesome to see australina bands getting some recognition. Themata is a decent album, and Sound awake kicks ass
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?