Metal Storm logo
Mar De Grises

17.03.2008 - 07:42
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Mar de Grises are a fucking amazing doom metal band from my country, they're about to release their 2nd full-length next month, called "Draining The Waterheart", and they're about to begin their European tour also next month, so if you up there have the chance to see them, do not lose the chance. Just yesterday I saw them live and they kicked my ass.

For those who don't know their music, it can be described as a very heavy, oniric and experimental doom metal, with creepy atmospheres and moods from a bizarre, weird calm to suffocating parts. Very trance-inducing doom metal.

One of the good chilean doom metal bands, absolutely, along with Poema Arcanus, Bitterdusk and some other underground shit.
17.03.2008 - 09:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know band I have soem mp3 from band and realy its good band, I love it and Chile are best doom country in SA for shore , realy good band,and I just saw band be realise album soon, hope I will hera it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2008 - 12:18
GANG METALSTORM
Damn, their new upcoming stuff is too sexy to my ears. Im sure I will get that one
05.04.2008 - 23:46
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Draining The Waterheart" was finally leaked, of course I couldn't wait before I can buy it and downloaded... it is an amazing album, not as mysteriously sounding as The Tatterdedemalion...., more straight-sounding doom metal but still outstainding... the only thing that sucks is the cover art, which was a masterpiece in their previous album.
06.04.2008 - 09:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, from my first few listens I can safely and confidently comment that this isn't your standard Death/Doom mix. This band has a really different feel to it. Something I can't quite put my finger on. Certain aspects of the music can be pointed at and named, but sometimes the music goes on excursions that are very different from what you'd find in your typical Death/Doom mix. A nice find. I'll keep listening. Thanks.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.04.2008 - 15:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I will be listening to Draining The Waterheart in a couple of minutes time so I will get back on it later on.
Unlike Southern Wind I haven't seen the cover art yet, and actually I was hoping it would be as great as that of The Tatterdemalion Express.

I will be seeing them live on May 9th together with In Age And Sadness, Saturnus & Funeral. The ONLY reason to go there was for me the chance to see Mar De Grises, okay I like Saturnus and In Age And Sadness but never understood why poeple still go bokners over Funeral.
But just Mar De Grises is worth the ticket price of 9 euro IMO
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.04.2008 - 15:14
Azhidahak
Doom Metal Eliti
Elite
Come on Marcel, liking Funeral doom but not Funeral is like liking hamburger but without the burger

No Im just kidding, but for Funeral its a big difference between their first releases (and by that I mean their first demos) and their later stuff. Anyhow, Saturnus is OKAY but sometimes (I think Im the only one to say this) but I feel like their songs sound pretty cheesy in someway. At least after youve heard them for a while. When it comes to In age and sadness it was long time ago I heard them so I barely remember their sound, but Im pretty sure I wasnt too impressed with their music when I heard them back in a while.

Anyhow on to MDG. Great band and their first album was really good. Sure they are comparable to Poema Arcanus and many other Chilean doom bands but I think that what they did on their debut album was quite different too any other Chilean doom metal album.

All that said, I havent got my hands on their new album yet. Gotta listen to it and come back.
----
09.05.2008 - 10:40
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I'm really enjoying the tracks available on the band's myspace page, and am now awaiting the arrival in the mail of the limited edition of the band's latest CD. I wasn't familiar with the band until about a week ago, but can't get enough of the new material. They have a unique sound to them, and even a level of warmth to their music. I'm usually very hit or miss with doom metal, but this could be one of the best for 2008 to me
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
18.08.2009 - 02:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
O my god... I finally have the opportunity not only to buy both the cds but also the limited editions.

I know about the limited edition of Draining The Waterheart with a little cd and the digipack being A5
I don't know where the fuck I will put the cd since it will not have any place with the other cds for being too big. But that doesn't amtter I will get that one for sure.

There is a version of the debut with a second cd. I searched for information and I didn't get anything. Does someone know about this second cd? It might be the demo?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2009 - 09:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2009 at 02:06

O my god... I finally have the opportunity not only to buy both the cds but also the limited editions.

I know about the limited edition of Draining The Waterheart with a little cd and the digipack being A5
I don't know where the fuck I will put the cd since it will not have any place with the other cds for being too big. But that doesn't amtter I will get that one for sure.

There is a version of the debut with a second cd. I searched for information and I didn't get anything. Does someone know about this second cd? It might be the demo?

A special edition of The Tatterdemalion Express? I didn't there was one. Where did you order it from? And what record label released it?

I am sure it is not the demo as a second disc. They are planning to reissue the demo sometime (or at least that's what they told me in May 2008 when I bought the last copy of the demo at their show in Rotterdam) but I still ahvn't heard anything about it though.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.08.2009 - 14:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2009 at 09:26

A special edition of The Tatterdemalion Express? I didn't there was one. Where did you order it from? And what record label released it?

I am sure it is not the demo as a second disc. They are planning to reissue the demo sometime (or at least that's what they told me in May 2008 when I bought the last copy of the demo at their show in Rotterdam) but I still ahvn't heard anything about it though.

Well, I haven't order it [yet]. I used the website that I always use. Cdon.com
I use the swedish version obviously... The label is Firebox. The info doesn't say anything else than it's two cds. And well.. I guess I will buy that one. And tell you what's inside .
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2009 - 15:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2009 at 14:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2009 at 09:26

Well, I haven't order it [yet]. I used the website that I always use. Cdon.com
I use the swedish version obviously... The label is Firebox. The info doesn't say anything else than it's two cds. And well.. I guess I will buy that one. And tell you what's inside .

At least the record label is the correct one, so order it and leme know what the second cd is.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2009 - 22:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2009 at 15:58

At least the record label is the correct one, so order it and leme know what the second cd is.

I ordered them along with other cds for a few hours ago So they will be here in 3-6 work days. I hope that I will get them at least at Friday. I hate waiting too much.
----
Rod, let me love you.