Metal Storm logo
What philosophy do you base your life on?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.06.2006 - 15:26
As the topic indicates... What is the philosophy, quote, saying etc... that you base you life mostly on and use basicly every day in your life with yourself and your surroundings?
I mainly follow the quote : "To be or not to be? That is not the question! To BE! But to be what?" it kind of makes me think about every choice i make in my life and every path i choose to take with myself and my surrounding.
21.08.2006 - 23:40
danzig111
Account deleted
well personally.....recently i have discovered a new philosophy to base my life upon....

i realise that you cannot change the past, life goes on, for all my years, i've been doing everything the wrong way but now that i have changed i can look forward. Also i depend on my own light from within to help me. I have my own Trinity (Me, Myself and I). Unlike before, i do not feel that my days are numbered, i have the future to look forward to and the liberty which comes with it.
25.08.2006 - 18:23
FOOCK Nam
I like many quotes and philosophy, saying...they really effect my life or exactly to my mind. But I dont remember exactly who are authors of them. One said :'' who goes alonely, looks very romantic". or the one from Stalin:" Death solves all problems". A part of one lyric from the song We Are The Road Crew of Motorhead:''My woman's leaving me, I feel sad. But I just love the life I lead" etc. The philosophy I like is Satanism involving Satanic bible. Im not sur it from Satanic bible of La Vey or not, but its point I like is that we human can live satisfying ourselves. But the philosophy I like best and base my life mostly is MARXIST, COMMUNISM. Those two stand for disadvantageous people.
29.08.2006 - 15:42
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I believe in Karma, and its all i follow...
The way you treat people comes back at you... it may take many years... but it comes back to you.
29.08.2006 - 20:20
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Life is something that happens when you can't go to sleep.
More simple is impossible.
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
03.09.2006 - 15:21
Hyvaarin
Written by [user id=5315] on 29.08.2006 at 15:42

The way you treat people comes back at you... it may take many years... but it comes back to you.

My housemate and I believe the same thing. It's an exellent way to live life.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
04.09.2006 - 08:12
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 03.09.2006 at 15:21

Written by [user id=5315] on 29.08.2006 at 15:42

My housemate and I believe the same thing. It's an exellent way to live life.

so lets get pissed and enjoy life
10.09.2006 - 04:32
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
An eye for a lie, a tooth for the truth. I generally like "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you" but I can be snobbish, primarily I ignore the homeless that pester me but otherwise I acknowledge any others whom may adress me. I believe for the most part, that etiquette is important so with that I offer a respect to others on a very common and casual grounds.
23.09.2006 - 09:58
CrematorY
Account deleted
Written by ilicit on 29.08.2006 at 20:20

Life is something that happens when you can't go to sleep.
More simple is impossible.

Lol very impressive and nice philosophy i like it pal
22.10.2006 - 08:20
-Valhalla-
This is something I dwelled on for a while.
Reality is a web connecting separate consciencenesses, and only expands between them.

Here's something else less complex i made up:
Along as there's metal, All is good.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
25.10.2006 - 16:26
in a sad state
Account deleted
if you can take it, its free
if you need it, its yours

if it kicks you, kick back
but never kick downwards

the way i see it, as long as you dont hurt anyone below you its fine (with below i mean those who are worse of than you) i think its okay to rob a brat if you need food, but its not okay to rob a cripple to buy a new mp3.
because as the society works to day, everything is legal if you accept the consequences, its like whe you go to the store but with higher prices, but you can avoid paying them if you are lucky, a bit like shoplifting

i also belive that we should not follow a leader becaus everyone else voted for hom, we should not follow anyone at all.
i heard somewhere "listen to the wise man, but if you give him power, you give him your soul"

and last, never regret, be proud of your self, and never step on someone below you to rise above, instead, drag down the high and mighty and step on them.
25.10.2006 - 16:42
Vrana
This day is the last one in your life. Live it! Don't go to sleep without changing your every-day routine, don't go to sleep withiut a smile on your face, don't go to sleep with your worries, solve them in the moment that they started! Don't fall asleep without mnaking someones day beautiful and without surprising yourself. Wake up like you are born again and live it as you would be tomorrow dead...
something like that...
01.11.2006 - 17:08
ASiema113
I wouldn't say I "base" my life on anything but something that I keep in mind is that Tommorow is another day, which you get another start with a clean slate. No matter what you have done you, there is always room for change if you welcome it. Best not to dwell on the past but to look ahead and move forward.
That's my 2 cents on it.
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
02.11.2006 - 02:19
Vidrageon
Account deleted
My philosophy I base my life on is heavily based on Aristotle's philosophy, which in essence is...

This is your only shot (at life), so try your best, and be happy in whatever you do.

Metal plays a large part of my life because, hell, it makes me happy, though I'm generally a very positive person otherwise.
10.11.2006 - 05:36
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
It's difficult for me to say that I base my life in some philosophy, what I think is the best as many people think is: live the present, live the moment, be happy here and now, do what you want here and now... and so on.
Kind of difficult, but not impossible, I'm still trying to live like that though
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
04.01.2007 - 20:36
_HIV_
go forth and DIEEE!
08.01.2007 - 18:02
Dark Stalker
Believe in luck and myself .
----
In luck we trust!
14.01.2007 - 12:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Die young, be pretty corpse
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.01.2007 - 15:21
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Live the way you want, your goal should be to gain more power and success (in various sectors you are in) and get physically and mentally stronger... Hindu philosophy's Karmayog (devotion to work) is quite practicable.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
19.01.2007 - 17:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
Bah, that is boring ^
|
|
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.03.2007 - 23:45
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I base my life on the philosophy that life is too great (big) and change is too constant to base a philosophy on.
06.03.2007 - 00:36
darksun
My life is based on a pessimistic and realist root.Cuz when i became a pessimist,i become ready for all the surprises of the hell called life and suffer less.If sth good happens -that has never happened to me-,it becomes a great,wonderful surprise(i mean it should be sth like that i don't know well as i've had no experience about that).
I prefer suffering in the real life to being happy in fake dreams....
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
10.03.2007 - 03:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
My philosphy is basically never giving up. Like Conficius said: "Greatness is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall". I never give up, no matter how hard or stupid or nonsense things may seem.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.03.2007 - 00:18
FTW
Account deleted
"Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return."

I cant think of anything better to live your life by than this quote, even though its taken from the bible I still think it is one of the best quotes.
29.03.2007 - 02:10
Danny Thomas
i go bye the idea that we aren't garunteed anything, we could die 4 weeks from now or 4 hours from now. so i pretty much take advantage of every day, have as many social interactions, listen to as much music as i can, and pretty much live it up. i do what i feel is right in my heart and just live on the go, very spontaneously. i feel bad for people who spend 10 years straight building up for soemthing in the future, completely neglecting a social life now, and then something tragic like a car accident happens. if i died tomorrow, i could at least say iv'e done most of the things i wanted too.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
30.03.2007 - 06:18
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I don't really live my life by some philosophy : I simply live my life.

My life seems to be a contradiction, in a certain sense. I guess I am passive to most things and people, yet I do LIVE intensely.

I don't care if my life is ''contradictory'', the important is that I live my life. So I guess there is no morality other then being true to myself.
30.03.2007 - 09:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just go through life by the seat of my pants so to speak. I sort of live for the moment in a way. That mentality does come back to bite you in the ass at times though....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.04.2007 - 08:38
Danny Thomas
Written by Doc G. on 30.03.2007 at 09:06

I just go through life by the seat of my pants so to speak. I sort of live for the moment in a way. That mentality does come back to bite you in the ass at times though....

ehh even if you plan shit out, life still bites you in the ass. besides living spontaneously is more.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
03.04.2007 - 04:52
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
6 and a half philosophies:
1) I believe that if we do good, bad things will happen to us, therefore these bad things will make us stronger.
2) Our life is like a quest to find our true will.
3) Desteny, and omens
4) The whole world conspires in your favor so you can find your personal legend (Paulo Coelho- The Alchmist)
5) We most find the meaning of love
6) People can be replaced, except those who are important to you
7) Karma?
----
03.04.2007 - 05:19
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Live and let others be (and die like an) idiots.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
03.04.2007 - 22:40
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Telcontar, your sig is an even better philosophy to follow lol..

Personally I dont really follow any particular philosophy. I'll just come up with something that sounds ok anyway .. Live and let live, kill and let kill..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger