Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - News From The Band

The following update was posted on the official website of Rhapsody Of Fire a few days ago:

"First of all thank you for all the patience you had in these last times despite the lack of news regarding the band. We wanted to inform you that we are in the middle of a hard legal fight with MCM and his main representative Mr. Joey De Maio (Manowar). That's the reason why in the last months we had to keep all strictly confidential and could not release any official declaration that could obviously be used against us from the opposite side. And that's also the reason why we were constricted to stop completely our band's activity. Frankly we are not able to imagine if all this can end in a very close future but we want to assure you that we are ready to fight with all the strength of body and soul in order to protect yours and our beloved band. Yes, aside from these bad events we ask you to not lose your faith in us. As soon as this sad situation will be solved we'll be ready for a great and mighty come back. A new album, a real masterpiece of speed/epic metal, is already composed and ready to be recorded and after its release an immense worldwide tour will finally follow for yours and our extreme satisfaction."

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 16.06.2008 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   Visited by: 270 users
16.06.2008 - 22:00
Shadowcross
The Summoner
wow... what an asshole.. whats the lawsuit over anyway?
16.06.2008 - 22:10
Pestilence
I have no clue, but I'm not taking sides, I don't know what's really happening. But hopefully they can get on with the new album soon enough. I need my fix of Rhapsody, and hopefully a few shows in Canada too.
16.06.2008 - 22:12
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Shadowcross on 16.06.2008 at 22:00

wow... what an asshole.. whats the lawsuit over anyway?

your post EXACTLY proves what a stupid habit of the human mind it is to first accuse and then think

i for my part really do wonder what this is about as well though... i suppose we'll hear about it somewhen soon
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
16.06.2008 - 22:15
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
They did it again. This band is such a "mighty" joke when it comes to releasing official statements.

"(...) we want to assure you that we are ready to fight with all the strength of body and soul in order to protect yours and our beloved band."

Wake me up when all the biting and scratching is over.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.06.2008 - 22:22
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
...just remember that if they win "the power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever!"
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.06.2008 - 22:36
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by GT on 16.06.2008 at 22:22

...just remember that if they win "the power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever!"

again!

(or; "Part II, the epic sequel, the flame's mighty re-enlightening on mount doom")
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
16.06.2008 - 22:39
juanopereira
Hahaha very funny. They take the epic thing very seriusly XD...
Anyone can explain what is exactly happening?
16.06.2008 - 22:39
Talvi
EPIC!
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
16.06.2008 - 22:41
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bas on 16.06.2008 at 22:36

Written by GT on 16.06.2008 at 22:22

again!

(or; "Part II, the epic sequel, the flame's mighty re-enlightening on mount doom")

Yeah that would be totally according to the 101 rules of power metal and the epic sequel to them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.06.2008 - 22:53
Jay
Perkele
I bet they didn't have a permission to publish the cover song 'Power Of Thy Sword' on 'Visions From The Enchanted Lands' DVD.
----
This one goes to 11
16.06.2008 - 23:33
Rusher
Nice read... and laugh!
16.06.2008 - 23:44
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Can't people just take this seriously? I hope everything works out and that I might see them soon
16.06.2008 - 23:49
Varegan
Hamranakara
they are in fight with Joey De Maio so they will not survive surely, he will force them to show their tits
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
17.06.2008 - 00:10
Elodie Artour
Slania
Wahaha. Firstly, I did take things seriously but, after that, I read through the page, and I was like: "Yeah, actually, they do seem hilarious!" LOL.What else/more could I say, then : "Power metallers!"
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
17.06.2008 - 00:38
wrathchild
Staff
Well, it doesn't surprise me that they're having troubles with De Maio. I kept thinking Manowar was using Rhapsody as a way to promote Manowar, not Rhapsody.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
17.06.2008 - 01:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
LOL, poor Rhapsody, legal issues again... I hope they wont have to rename again into something like... "Rhapsody of Fire pwned by the Manowar of Steel"
----
17.06.2008 - 01:15
Fhuesc
After this lawsuit, their new name will be "Rhapsody of Fire, Thunder and Ice... and Dragonflame to".
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.06.2008 - 04:37
Shadowcross
The Summoner
ahahahaha
17.06.2008 - 06:10
Stigma
Account deleted
Legal issues are always oh so epic (and brutal).
17.06.2008 - 07:17
DoomGuard
De Maio V Rhapsody

I'd see that...who wants to bet De Maio can take all the Rhapsody members on? lol
17.06.2008 - 08:19
De Maio Vs Rhapsody of fire??? What the F.... i though they was in the same side.
17.06.2008 - 10:41
Destryphior
Written by M??aLWaRrIöR? on 17.06.2008 at 08:19

De Maio Vs Rhapsody of fire??? What the F.... i though they was in the same side.

Yay.. that's what I thought too it should be De Maio & Rhapsody of fire Vs The mighty dragon of cosmical justice. Whatever, hopefully they'll sort it all out so we may enjoy the birth of a new album... of cosmical justice and epicness.
17.06.2008 - 12:55
kaos666
Where in Middle-Earth can you find a decent lawyer these days?
17.06.2008 - 15:13
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I think GT's comment could go the funny stuff section...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
17.06.2008 - 16:54
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by kaos666 on 17.06.2008 at 12:55

Where in Middle-Earth can you find a decent lawyer these days?

I was waiting for that one, haha xD
----
THRASH!!!
17.06.2008 - 16:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by wrathchild on 17.06.2008 at 00:38

Well, it doesn't surprise me that they're having troubles with De Maio. I kept thinking Manowar was using Rhapsody as a way to promote Manowar, not Rhapsody.

I didn't saw it that way at first, but it seems you're right.

Anyway, we'll see how it unfolds. It might go from 'drama of the year' to 'deadly serious matter' (yes I like the first 4 rhapsody album, so I am interested)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.06.2008 - 20:32
juanopereira
Everybody wants the emerald sword to release the true power of the dragonflame. Even De Maio, so they are going to have an epic legal battle, wich is going to be part of a 3rd saga, "Cosmic Legal Issues in the Storming Fields of the Legendary Court"
18.06.2008 - 01:04
kaos666
Written by juanopereira on 17.06.2008 at 20:32

Everybody wants the emerald sword to release the true power of the dragonflame. Even De Maio, so they are going to have an epic legal battle, wich is going to be part of a 3rd saga, "Cosmic Legal Issues in the Storming Fields of the Legendary Court"

And let me be the first to say I will so buy that album!!
18.06.2008 - 05:46
Piro
If you want a good lawyer, try a ringwraith, they just make the plantiff disappear, what could be better?
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
18.06.2008 - 07:16
selken
Irreligious
Well, whoever started the fight is the biggest asshole and poser in metal, both Rhapsody and Manowar have defended for years the Unitiy for the Warriors of metal. Anyway, I prefer Rhapsody over Manowar.

The statement is quite over-epic (and funny) tho.. so who will change their name?
- Manowar of Fire?
- Rhapsody of Steel?
- Manowar of Steel?
- Nanowar of Fire xD
- The Rotted (WTF is this name doing here? xD)
- The Mighty Rhapsody of the True Man of War of Steel and Power
Epic grindcore:?
- Power of severed limbs of Steel?
----

Hits total: 9658 | This month: 4