10. You're Crazy
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen

Top 20 albums of 1987: 5
Top 200 albums of all time: 139

Guest review by
Doc G.
Rating:
Here it is, one of the greatest hard rock albums of all time (or possibly of all genres?), whether you're a fan of music from the 80's LA scene or not, this is a respectable album any way you look at it.

To understand the music, you have to have to understand the musicians behind it. I'll sum it up: 5 guys come to LA who have virtually nothing (the frontman a real nutcase who comes from a dark childhood), meet up, live together in a teeny room, and live out your typical gritty, sleazy lifestyle. Let's just say it really comes through in the music.

Read more ››
published 28.10.2007 | Comments (21)

Found in 46 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 19   Visited by: 1432 users
10.11.2010 - 21:17
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Amazing album.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.11.2010 - 23:03
Reza
Account deleted
And memorable.
11.11.2010 - 10:48
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
One of first and best albums I own Appetite For Destruction was THE album that made me realize just how awesome rock can be. If I woudln't listen to GNR when I was 4, I'd probably be into Lady Gaga now.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
11.11.2010 - 12:00
Rating: 8
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Great album, welcome to jungle amazing song
10.03.2011 - 11:36
Rating: 10
Karllstein

All time classic. Don't leave home without it.
01.06.2011 - 04:36
Thrasher Hungary

"One of first and best albums I own Appetite For Destruction was THE album that made me realize just how awesome rock can be."
- Me too! The same!
04.03.2012 - 22:06
Korah

Just amazing. Slash is a ripper on it!
----
Don't cry for my English
25.06.2012 - 19:13
Wraith000

Stellar album
----
\m/ - - \m/
27.06.2012 - 07:22
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Yep, I had it, listened to it, and loved it...dam MTV brainwashing...
----
rekt
09.12.2012 - 18:33
megadeath13
Account deleted
Very good album, but i dont like all the songs on it. Thats the reason i dont rate it higher.
16.02.2013 - 22:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well good one , but more ''punk'' nore ''street rock n roll'' sound, more nasty attitude , more heavyer, some say they like only this and consider this best of GnR
I think best somgs are Thinks About You and also Dont Cry Demo version what is much better then orginal
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2013 - 01:40
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Reality03 on 28.09.2013 at 14:53

One of the best debuts in rock history. And this will remain forever.

I agree and I still love this album today, after all these years.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
29.09.2013 - 12:03
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Reality03 on 29.09.2013 at 11:09

Definitely one of the 80s essentials. Its a shame, that this was their only great album.

Yeah, I think there were some great songs on the Use Your Illusion albums but some weaker stuff. If they had of been more focussed and released one album with all the best stuff then perhaps it would have been a better outcome. Anyway, it all really fell apart after that, probably because Axl was too erratic and everyone else in the band started walking off to do other things.
----
17.11.2013 - 11:51
Immortal

I agree with Doc, 'greatest rock album of all time'
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
04.06.2014 - 13:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
All killer, no filler.
----
20.02.2015 - 15:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 11.11.2010 at 10:48

One of first and best albums I own Appetite For Destruction was THE album that made me realize just how awesome rock can be. If I woudln't listen to GNR when I was 4, I'd probably be into Lady Gaga now.

Good you got it now
Mine was GnR Illusion I
in teenage days I didn't like this so much it was more punk, I don't know, now I like it well started like at 18
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.03.2016 - 19:25
musicalkaratekid

I practically used to worship this album-around the early teens, so we're talking at least a decade ago now. I still love the album somewhat, and I personally think Slash's guitar sound on this album largely reflects the entire rock era of the late 80s (notice I said rock, not "Metal", as I personally think Guns N Roses were always a rock band, not a metal one). No song is filler, yet at the same time I find myself thinking maybe it's a little bit overrated. Not in the sense that the quality here is any lower than the majority of rock/metal fans say, but more in the case that there were other albums released at the same time which had as much as, if not more of an influence on the genre itself-Extreme coming to mind for me.

Whatever, Appetite for Destruction will always be a reminder of the best the rock genre in the late 80s had to offer, but if you ask me, Guns 'N Roses were yet to top this album in terms of quality with Use Your Illusion II.
05.02.2021 - 11:38
JoHn Doe

The only good album of theirs for me. I overplayed it when I was much younger. When i listen to it these days I skip the three famous songs. I don't need to listen to them again.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.09.2022 - 12:55
nonZero

The first half of this album is stronger than the second. I would probably give the first 9.7/10 and the second 8.8/10 for an overall score of 9.2/10. They should have cut 'Think About You' and 'Anything Goes' IMO, it would have made for a better overall album.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)

Hits total: 23061 | This month: 80