Metal Storm logo
Cresent (US) for fans of old Iced Earth

04.09.2006 - 18:45
Hellish Star
Once again an awesome band from the USA. Metal heads who like the old Iced Earth with Matthew Barlow will propably love this.With influences of Iron Maiden, Iced Earth and several US metal bands CRESENT released a "private pressing" cd. Consider this as typical US power metal, a mix of the best elements from traditional metal, old progressive metal and Bay Area thrash. I like it a lot, nothing new but it sounds good and that's what it all is about. Chris Parrish' voice is pretty similar to Matthew Barlow and I think he would have been a better replacer than Ripper Owens (although I like Tim Owens).

If you're interested;
-www.cresent-band.com
or
-www.myspace.com/cresentband
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
06.09.2006 - 23:46
Lupas
Maximus
Wow , this bands . They make you mad
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.09.2006 - 00:02
Dam3k
If it's similar to old Iced Earth stuff it must rocks I'll check it now!!
----

07.09.2006 - 00:33
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Fucking awesome sound, a band to look out for in the future!
10.09.2006 - 07:19
Alf~rad
Old Iced Earth . similar voice of Mat . puff nice new thanks i will check it out . but old like what album.? what album do you think is the most represent for you of Iced in Cresent
----
10.09.2006 - 11:26
Remus
Well i went to their myspace but being the emo that i am i couldn't find the mp3's. Where are the mp3's?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
12.10.2006 - 16:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WOW great band realy Iced Earth fans can be proud of it, soemthink keep legacy till nowdays
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2006 - 15:04
madgarry
Account deleted
Anyone got the album
08.11.2006 - 12:39
Lupas
Maximus
Written by [user id=590] on 23.10.2006 at 15:04

Anyone got the album

Yeah i bought it last week. I fully recomented to all old Iced Earth fans. The voice of Chris Parish is great
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.12.2006 - 02:45
BrightNight
Hmm this does not sound bad at all guys. I agree that you can hear some distant Iced Earth in this band. The Vocals are very powerfull. Not as good als Mathew Barlow but they come very near them indeed! I keep this band in mind.....we will hear more of them im sure.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
15.12.2006 - 14:15
Lupas
Maximus
@Brightnight

Yeah bro. , this band will sure be in the top of all metal charts . One must listen to them or at least get onto thier myspace site
----
15.12.2006 - 19:37
Hellish Star
Written by BrightNight on 15.12.2006 at 02:45

Hmm this does not sound bad at all guys. I agree that you can hear some distant Iced Earth in this band. The Vocals are very powerfull. Not as good als Mathew Barlow but they come very near them indeed! I keep this band in mind.....we will hear more of them im sure.

I don't think you will hear much more from them... They're US and the youth and media ignores these bands....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
15.12.2006 - 19:55
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Hellish Star on 15.12.2006 at 19:37

Written by BrightNight on 15.12.2006 at 02:45

I don't think you will hear much more from them... They're US and the youth and media ignores these bands....

I don't think in that way. If we look at Iced Earth , Kamelot and many us bands , they all have great sucsess in all over the world, why this band not .
You know better than me that two other emerged band from us are getting quite popular in all over the world. I think that today we need a fresh air from US rather than EU. I mean Listenig to these bands one concludes that they copied other bands but if one take into consideration that these bands are all formed by young talent muscians , there is hope that one day they will make it.
Out there there is much competition but if these bands continue in this way it will sure be the sucess of these bands. The only thing that one can help is to buy thier debt cds and support them (not download mp3 )
----
15.12.2006 - 20:58
BrightNight
Yes....i mean, for al the newbies out there its hard to get some recognition. So why should they not make it?...becaus they are from US?...doesnt matter. Metalheads are all around the world also in US, and can buy their stuff. If their music is really good and will get beter...then they will get their changes im sure.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
23.09.2009 - 18:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Listening to it right now, if someone remembers what tracks they had at the time, now i'm listening to Forgotten Future, which is a great song but i can't really hear Iced Earth in there, sure the vocals sound a bit like Barlow but the riffs are the most important thing in IE and they don't sound alike(though Cresent's are, indeed, awesome)