Metal Storm logo
Impiety - Part Ways With Drummer

Singaporean death thrash metal band Impiety are parting ways with drummer Atum (ex-Malfeitor, ex-Tundra) who only joined the band late last year.

Here's the word from the band: Original vocalist/guitarist Shyaithan and the rest of Impiety announce a line-up shuffle this year, and this done so that logistically it may prove better for the band and it's continuous progress to wreak more chaos and carnage across this godforsaken globe, one we all call Planet Earth. It was never an easy decision to let Atum go but after much consideration it had to be done.

Here is Atum's closing statement: "After 10 months of hard work, worldwide touring and skullfucking recordings, i'm here to communicate my departure from Impiety. The recent events made me and Shyaithan come to the conclusion that our musical paths are taking different directions, so we decided to split in order to maintain a good friendship and keep in contact to support each other's career, which we are already doing. I'll keep working restlessly with Music as always, we're just done recording the new album with Divine Codex so stay true and keep supporting true Music."

Impiety extends its gratification to this brilliant drummer and thanks Atum for the greatest of times spent together rehearsing, recording as well as executing 10 hellish concerts together. Irreplaceable would be these greatest memories and achievements of Atum in Impiety and it shall continue to live on. "We wish Atum every success with his main band Divine Codex and all future projects/bands he will work with. Despite different career paths now, we shall remain in close contact and support his every effort and endeavour being one of the best drummers and greatest komrade we've known. ALL HAIL ATUM!"

Shyaithan has auditioned and finally recruited a full time drummer and will announce him shortly.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Impiety
Posted: 12.07.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 11 users
13.07.2011 - 10:15
finalfortuner

Hey Man, I'm curious about the new drummer:)

Hits total: 2313 | This month: 8