Metal Storm logo
Best music era

Original post

Posted by Roro, 29.09.2011 - 17:02
Concerning that era influences and factors such as : Technics, genre, lyrics, theme, style, fashion and other criteria

Poll

which era u believe it is/was the best?

80s
90s
present time
70s
60s

Total votes: 138
06.11.2022 - 08:57
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Musical styles are constantly changing with time, but the 80's will always remain the best era for metal as thatvwas the era that birthed the genre and the sound was fresh and exciting, with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, megadeth and Mercyful Fate all in their prime you can't best that imo, and I wasn't even around in that era.

The 70's however, is the by far the best era for rock, especially for hard rock and progressive rock, I mean you had Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath for goodness sake! But you also had a ton of other great bands that go unnoticed.

The 60's, especially from 67 to 69 though will always go down down in history as the best era for music period!
06.11.2022 - 10:15
JoHn Doe

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 06.11.2022 at 08:57

The 60's, especially from 67 to 69 though will always go down down in history as the best era for music period!

Really? Those three years are the best era?! I just don't see it. Sure, there were some great albums released in those years, but it was the beginning of things to come.

I think I voted but did not post. I don't remember what I voted for, probably the 70s, not a popular option, might have been the reason why I did not post then.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.11.2022 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I think best music era for listeners are when Bandcamp, YouTube arved and we have mobile phones to listen music whenever we are.
For musicians it was 60s to early 90s when people bought music.
Even for metal we gave now like 20 subgenres bands don't get money, but we have millions of new bands whit damn good music.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.11.2022 - 23:24
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by JoHn Doe on 06.11.2022 at 10:15

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 06.11.2022 at 08:57

Really? Those three years are the best era?! I just don't see it. Sure, there were some great albums released in those years, but it was the beginning of things to come.

IMO 69-72 has some of the most brilliant albums so I agree about that one year
----
My vision is augmented