Metal Storm logo
Metallica - St Anger

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 22.10.2006 - 01:56
This is not an anti-Metallica poll. Their last album disappointed me big time; I'm new on this forum so I'd like to know what you think of this album.

Poll

What do you think of Metallica's St Anger album.

They should'venever released such an alb
disapponting album
It's not bad but not good either
it's just average
Great album
it's below average

Total votes: 151
04.06.2007 - 17:15
matthioso
To me, it's a great album
ok, the sound quality isn't that good (the drums )
and you don't have solo's, but that's fine with me, there are other which don't do solo's either and they're great to (like Fear Factory)
I you don't like it, do whatever you want with the cd , but I like it and I listen to it
----
www.seedofrock.be
04.06.2007 - 17:41
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by matthioso on 04.06.2007 at 17:15

To me, it's a great album
ok, the sound quality isn't that good (the drums )
and you don't have solo's, but that's fine with me, there are other which don't do solo's either and they're great to (like Fear Factory)
I you don't like it, do whatever you want with the cd , but I like it and I listen to it

Dude , i dont know what to say .... but that was hilarious , you have no idea why you listen to the album
04.06.2007 - 18:00
matthioso
euh...yes, I do
I simply like the songs (and all the lyrics have a meaning which makes it even better )

what I don't know is why you would say such a thing
----
www.seedofrock.be
06.06.2007 - 02:12
Honestly, a metal album without solos is like a beer without alcohol... pointless!
well I guess the first two tracks are ok, but still... Add a solo for crying out loud!!
----
Hell ain't a bad place...
06.06.2007 - 09:46
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by matthioso on 04.06.2007 at 18:00

euh...yes, I do
I simply like the songs (and all the lyrics have a meaning which makes it even better )

Bad album or the the Worst metallica album EVER >>>

NO Solo
NO riffs ( if you call them riff then please dont listen Kreator Pleasure to Kill or Metallica Kil''em All )
Stupid drumming ( YEAH !! , even Lars know that )
Pointless album.

Still great , good for you.
06.06.2007 - 13:38
Warman
Erotic Stains

euh...yes, I do

I'm with you man! I like St. Anger, it contains some awesome songs. To admit that you like the album here is a suicide attempt, but I've managed to stay alive for almost 2 years now.
----
06.06.2007 - 14:16
Wo0dy
Account deleted
drums sound like trash cans
06.06.2007 - 14:46
darksun
They were criticised for losing heavy/thrash stuff in their music before St. Anger relaesed.So metallica wanted to tell ""Hey I am still a tough hard band" but they just wanted....The result of their wishes was completely a point of fall,what had been among greatest falls in metal history.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
06.06.2007 - 18:34
VPeter
I miss the option "awful album of a awful band."
08.06.2007 - 23:06
orathac
Account deleted
guy now seriously its the worst album ever...
cause of riffs
cause of drums
its just doesn't sound metallica listen master of puppets and then listen st.anger total dissapointment
Metallica for is Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lighting, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All and Black Album the other are pointless for me maybe Reload is something but just a 2/5 album
13.06.2007 - 08:33
WarlockDLX69
Account deleted
sorry metallica fans... but that album kicked rocks... it was their "coming of age" album... the "im too old to kick it hardcore anymore so its time to tone it down" album... the "i cant fucking think of anything else to play through my guitar album".... their "my solos are old and boring, so my guitar style kinda lacks" album... LOL as i said, sorry... plenty better previous albums... metallica was one of those bands that their shit got worse over the years... i think the black album was their last good album, and even that was mainstream bullshit if you want to be technical... it sounded good, and was catchy... but not quite as hardcore as their previous albums..
14.06.2007 - 11:35
DoOm MaKeR
i think that this album is not soooooooooooooo bad , but not good tooo!!! I think that they tried t odo sumthing but faild!!!
----
knowing that i'm doomed. hundreds of volumes of text. pictures, words, learning. my love, my art, my knowledge...covered by the arms of the sea.
Morgion - Ebb Tide
15.06.2007 - 06:34
Uller
........man......the only thing i have to say about is:

I hope that the upcoming album be better than this crap and return to the kill em all days...yeah shure
----
15.06.2007 - 06:44
Uller
Written by [user id=14951] on 06.06.2007 at 14:16

drums sound like trash cans

i'm agree my friend
----
15.06.2007 - 06:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by VPeter on 06.06.2007 at 18:34

I miss the option "awful album of a awful band."

Agreed. I wouldnt call it a disapointment, a dispointment is when an otherwise good band releases a crappy album, Metallica havnt done anything worth while since AJFA...even that kind of sucked.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.06.2007 - 04:06
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Metallica is so overrated, Ok they realeased what 2 or 3 good albums and the rest is crap. After Dave left they became Country Metal =D
----
16.06.2007 - 18:26
graywolf87
Account deleted
Written by 4look4rd on 16.06.2007 at 04:06

Metallica is so overrated, Ok they realeased what 2 or 3 good albums and the rest is crap. After Dave left they became Country Metal =D

...ok this is it, why is this site infected with Megadeth fan kids? Dave is overrated by people like you! ...first your Dave Mustaine did Metallica a favor by leaving since they found 10 times better guitarist and the one who changed and defined the sound of true Metallica Kirk Hammett..."thank you Dave for leaving"...he's Megadeth not Metallica...and Metallica isn't that diluted Mechanix song, first listen then judge...after all Megadeth became pop music after Rust in Peace.

...ok back at "Metallica" subject...St.Anger had the worst drumming ever and the sound was annoying, but the lyrics were intense and personal, "I liked that", but it didn't go with the music and all was too simplistic. They are getting old but there's still hope for a come back.
16.06.2007 - 18:45
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by [user id=22132] on 16.06.2007 at 18:26

Written by 4look4rd on 16.06.2007 at 04:06

...ok this is it, why is this site infected with Megadeth fan kids? Dave is overrated by people like you! ...first your Dave Mustaine did Metallica a favor by leaving since they found 10 times better guitarist and the one who changed and defined the sound of true Metallica Kirk Hammett..."thank you Dave for leaving"...he's Megadeth not Metallica...and Metallica isn't that diluted Mechanix song, first listen then judge...after all Megadeth became pop music after Rust in Peace.

...ok back at "Metallica" subject...St.Anger had the worst drumming ever and the sound was annoying, but the lyrics were intense and personal, "I liked that", but it didn't go with the music and all was too simplistic. They are getting old but there's still hope for a come back.

Im not a big fan of thrash metal, but I do reconise that Megadeth has much better albums and songs. And Dave did write exellent riffs for both Metallica and Megadeth. Also both bands became "pop bands" after the release of a certain album, however, Megadeth has at last reased some dissent albums, while Metallica havent done any thing good in the past 15 years!
btw Im not a Megadeth fan (Dave's voice is quite annoying after a few mins listening to it,) infact both bands has horrible vocals (James does sound like a fucking country singer you know that!) and them both are so damn overrated.
----
13.10.2007 - 12:05
Woutjinho
Account deleted
they shouldnt have released it. but what does it matter from black album it went downhill
02.05.2008 - 19:21
metalhead3
For me it is great album.I don't know why evereybody say st.anger is bad album.
03.05.2008 - 12:11
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
they would do this album but they should have make it better jamz's vocal is bad at this album thats why i dont like it a lot.

it's just average
03.05.2008 - 13:49
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
I dont know what did they use as drums on that albums.... I can make better sound by drumming on container
04.05.2008 - 09:20
selken
Irreligious
I voted "It's not bad but not good either" caused I didn't feel anything while listening.

but I think if most people out there say its a good album, then it is. As simple as that, you just can't change the mind of people who thinks it's a good/bad album, every head is a world that should be respected.

By the way, I think this could be discussed in some review as well.
----
12.06.2009 - 22:14
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I went with the maze here...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.06.2009 - 15:04
terrorist
I could have been a great album,just a couple of changes they had done and it would be better.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
18.06.2009 - 02:56
soadbyob
Account deleted
??...not trying to be a dick, dude, but there is no reason that those minutes of crap should ever had been recorded on a compact disk of shit and wrapped in a shiny plastic abyss of suck,...yeah...
18.06.2009 - 10:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by 4look4rd on 16.06.2007 at 18:45

(James does sound like a fucking country singer you know that!)

no man hetfield in the past had a really great voice... you cannot say vocals on MoP are bad for example..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.05.2011 - 01:22
Ghostdancer
James' voice is best suited for thrash. His conventional singing voice is weak. He really showcases that when he sings Bob Seger and Waylon Jennings songs...and why in the hell is he singing Bob Seger and Waylon Jennings songs? What happened to these guys? St. Anger? I'd rather listen to an album of farts than listen to that again. (And that goes for Death Magnetic as well.)

I've tried to be more open-minded. Hell, I tried to like what they've done. They used to be one of my favorite bands...but throughout the 90s and right on up until this very second, they've just plain sucked. People bag on "RIP" in here...but I can't help it...RIP Metallica.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
04.05.2011 - 06:42
Yasmine
Written by Hembrom on 06.06.2007 at 09:46

euh...yes, I do

Bad album or the the Worst metallica album EVER >>>

NO Solo
NO riffs ( if you call them riff then please dont listen Kreator Pleasure to Kill or Metallica Kil''em All )
Stupid drumming ( YEAH !! , even Lars know that )
Pointless album.

Still great , good for you.

lol, I agree, no solos = usually bad. Even more true for thrash, power, prog.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
04.05.2011 - 06:59
Void_Eater
Account deleted
It's really not that bad. Some decent songs on there. Shitty production, but I'd call it average.