08. Christian Resistance

Found in 22 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 197 users
09.05.2012 - 22:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Very nice. The Immoral Wasteland is a tune.
14.12.2012 - 09:28
Rating: 10
Vasil de Shumen
Awesome thrash - emotional, interesting, energetically with incredible vocals
One of my favorite US thrash albums.
19.03.2014 - 20:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is one of the best metal albums ever made
10.12.2015 - 16:36
Joppe
Steelemeister
Kick ass album that's highlight almost in its entirety.
----
My vision is augmented
22.08.2019 - 13:26
Rating: 9
nonZero
Some interesting riffs on this one. Enjoyable from start to finish. I just wish the production was less bass-heavy.

8.5/10 leaning towards a 9.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
04.09.2019 - 22:58
Redel
Written by Joppe on 10.12.2015 at 16:36

Kick ass album that's highlight almost in its entirety.

True that. Where the "almost" for me would relate to the title track and the Fool's Gold, which stand behind the rest of the songs for me. And the Immoral Wasteland stands clearly up front.
Other than that, yes, a highlight in its entirety.
13.03.2020 - 03:24
Metal Rasputin
It's two in row for Holy Terror, except for the fact that they hit the total jackpot with this one. It's more or less the same awesomeness as the first one, but a little refined to the point it feels nearly flawless. Whatever issues they still have with the thin-sounding production don't matter my listening experience at all, since the actual material is so ridiculously good.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
15.06.2020 - 00:20
sgtrobo
Real shame this band didn't last longer. Their only 2 releases are outstanding, and Mind Wars is a classic piece of essential thrash
21.05.2022 - 16:48
icemelt
I registered on purpose to talk about this album. I'm lucky cause I bought the two of them in about 1989 or 1990. Two vinyl records that will always be part of my collection. I think one completes the other and it's a shame that only now it seem people are giving the the attention they so rightful deserve. I have to these albums in the top ten of the 80's. Now with internet and so on, it's more accessible to everyone, I have seen lists with Holy Terror in the first five albums. So, I had to get this out of my system, even knowing this thread is a couple of years. At last justice seem to be made for this guys...
31.05.2022 - 21:59
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by icemelt on 21.05.2022 at 16:48

I registered on purpose to talk about this album. I'm lucky cause I bought the two of them in about 1989 or 1990. Two vinyl records that will always be part of my collection. I think one completes the other and it's a shame that only now it seem people are giving the the attention they so rightful deserve. I have to these albums in the top ten of the 80's. Now with internet and so on, it's more accessible to everyone, I have seen lists with Holy Terror in the first five albums. So, I had to get this out of my system, even knowing this thread is a couple of years. At last justice seem to be made for this guys...

Proper choice for a first comment, it's a splendid album. The album should receive more attention, but like you, like me what we can do? We can praise it to moon and masses will neglect it. Well, those who seek it will find it and those who don't, won't. Most people just want to listen to what is most popular, whatevski.
----
My vision is augmented
31.05.2022 - 22:20
Joppe
Steelemeister
Re-listening after, I don't know/care how many years it has been already. Oh man, just at the first song I just miss the vocals of Keith Deen already, a true master whether he himself realized it or not, but this is one of the better vocals thrash metal could come up with. A true killer album, especially in the beginning, how can you even do three such great songs right in the beginning?

Yeah, I am upping the rating again, due to listening too much dogshit albums lately to look this album sound better? I dunno, it does deserve it I think, come change my mind about it.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 6649 | This month: 19