Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
25.06.2012 - 02:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.06.2012 at 02:17

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.06.2012 at 01:34

Well, England dominated the game for about the first 20 minutes - we looked so good - but as usual they couldn't keep it going.

That is true, though I think the difference in the end was Pirlo. And I was disappointed that Steven Gerrard wasn't able to have a similar impact on the game with his quality. Pirlo was dictating the play with his movement and his passing, and I don't think we did enough to shackle him. Honestly, I don't think Italy are that much better than us, we just didn't really perform as well as we can, the first 20/25 minutes aside. Though in this game, we were lucky it went to penalties, because the Italians missed so many chances to win the game before it came to that. I definitely don't think Italy can afford to squander that many chances against Germany and go through.

tell me its not True but Rangers Glasgow has serusly fuck up and might ne in leuage 3
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.06.2012 - 02:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2012 at 02:20
tell me its not True but Rangers Glasgow has serusly fuck up and might ne in leuage 3

I'm sorry, but it is true. If a majority of SPL clubs reject Rangers' attempt to re-enter the SPL, (which is a very real possibility) then they'll be relegated to division 3.
25.06.2012 - 02:37
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.06.2012 at 01:13

Now, I hope it's Germany and Spain in the final, and that Germany beat them.

Yep, sounds about right
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.06.2012 - 02:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.06.2012 at 02:37

I'm sorry, but it is true. If a majority of SPL clubs reject Rangers' attempt to re-enter the SPL, (which is a very real possibility) then they'll be relegated to division 3.

what .... this is catastrofic,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.06.2012 - 02:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Promonex on 25.06.2012 at 02:37
Yep, sounds about right

It does sound about right, and hopefully it will be! lol

@Bad English: It is, but they only have themselves to blame if that happens.
25.06.2012 - 03:13
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2012 at 02:07

I guessed It will win in Pen, so 2 guesses in quarters

You did, soothsayer bad english odds on penalties were still good, did you put money on it? Best team won, England were a good team when the game was more physical, when you could basically hurt someone without getting a red card. Supporting Germany, they dont roll around on the floor as much as if theyve been shot or technically foul as much as the others left.
25.06.2012 - 03:23
kesh
Account deleted
Italy are tournament barnackles, despite the extra days rest Germany has had itll be close. Spain stills favs IMO.
25.06.2012 - 04:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I said right at the start of the tournament that you can never count the Italians out, and they definitely can win the tournament, though I don't think they will. If they make it past Germany, I will be supporting them in the final though!
25.06.2012 - 14:44
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2012 at 02:42

Written by Angelic Storm on 25.06.2012 at 02:37

what .... this is catastrofic,

Yes pretty much, my uncles been a life long season ticket holder an drives to Glasgow every other weekend. His mortified, they were spending more on players wages then Man Utd for a long time, there now totally bankrupt. Worst then Portsmouth. Uncles hoping they go south of the border an start in an English lower division.
25.06.2012 - 14:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=1843] on 25.06.2012 at 14:44

Yes pretty much, my uncles been a life long season ticket holder an drives to Glasgow every other weekend. His mortified, they were spending more on players wages then Man Utd for a long time, there now totally bankrupt. Worst then Portsmouth. Uncles hoping they go south of the border an start in an English lower division.

Is team alreday send to lower division

Its funny there is commercals how donate money to some food project in Sfrica and we do, I rather donate my money to Rangers m, save Scotish glory , Rangers fans shood do same 10 pounds , one more no pubs save money and donate to Rangers
----

apos;'
[image]
25.06.2012 - 15:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
My sweepstake money says it wants Italy to win the tournament now, but Germany have always been my second team to support - so we'll see how things go. At least there will be no more stress watching England try to squeeze through another round.
25.06.2012 - 16:08
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2012 at 14:49

Is team alreday send to lower division

Its funny there is commercals how donate money to some food project in Sfrica and we do, I rather donate my money to Rangers m, save Scotish glory , Rangers fans shood do same 10 pounds , one more no pubs save money and donate to Rangers

One for the lawyers. Its still all up in the air about whats going to happen, sponsors, contracts been signed and what not, plus they owe a shit load of tax. Been talk of the fans taking it over, to changing the clubs name an starting again, all sorts. As Gers were a biggish club an without then SPL as a whole will lose alot of money.

Alot of SPL resent the fact that alot of titles an cups theyve won, were won with players an money they didnt really have. Its seen as been the equal of a drugs cheat like Lance Armstrong taking drugs.
25.06.2012 - 17:32
J:oKeR
Hmmmm......Italy - Germany in semi-final....i personally waned to watch that machup in final but what a hell...i can't decide who to cheer for cuz both teams are great....i wanted Germany to win it at the start, but when i saw Italy against Spain i was well surprised...they were nothing what i expected they'll be...of course Pirlo is the main reason, without him it would've been a whole different story, they would be home by now....still dont know both teams are good but i give a slightly advantage to Germany...
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
25.06.2012 - 18:15
kesh
Account deleted

25.06.2012 - 19:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=1843] on 25.06.2012 at 18:15

But it didn't help England one iota. Had it been done whilst Ronadlo was taking a penalty it sure as hell would have worked
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.06.2012 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 25.06.2012 at 23:58

Now England are out I want Spain to win. I will be in Spain on the night of the final. I was in Spain when they won the world cup. Things like that stay with you for the rest of your life. I'll never see England win anything, so just have to spend more time in Sapin.

why brits overating Spain and go there, go to Italy or come to Sweden
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2012 - 01:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 26.06.2012 at 00:55

Now England are out I want Spain to win. I will be in Spain on the night of the final. I was in Spain when they won the world cup. Things like that stay with you for the rest of your life. I'll never see England win anything, so just have to spend more time in Sapin.

I am guessing you have never been to Spain. Spain is agreat country to go to for holidays (especially cities such as Barcelona and Madrid) much more fun than boring Sweden or Italy where your bags will be stolen as well as your phot camera
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.06.2012 - 01:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.06.2012 at 01:02

Written by Bad English on 26.06.2012 at 00:55

I am guessing you have never been to Spain. Spain is agreat country to go to for holidays (especially cities such as Barcelona and Madrid) much more fun than boring Sweden or Italy where your bags will be stolen as well as your phot camera

I never have been problems in Italy , never ever and I love it and as far about Sweden , all cars what owns my family is nopt locked and my dors is not locked, and if I go wlak on viladge I never lock a doors , I doubt you can do it in Nederlands, Spain, Uk wherever , and if I go holydays I never like go whit tourists I like walk alone, see other side of town what never tourists see, (I mena wlak in safe places in town),
BTW British tourists do troble sthere, drunk behaivior and acting stupd, all make fun about them there

and Madrid is dangerose for me, I can see somerhinmg and say what I think about some think what is there ,

Malta is greta place to go
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2012 - 11:30
J:oKeR

Spain are not showing some great football this EC....don't think they're going to win it...i mean they'll probably pass Portugal but not Germany or Italy (they pretty much sucked against them in group stage) in final....:D
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
26.06.2012 - 14:25
Baz Anderson
Staff
You don't get to the semi-final of the Euro championship without playing some great football. Spain might not have looked as dominant as they have done before, but they have still played well.
26.06.2012 - 15:01
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.06.2012 at 14:25

You don't get to the semi-final of the Euro championship without playing some great football.

*cough*Euro 2004*cough*
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
26.06.2012 - 15:17
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Promonex on 26.06.2012 at 15:01

*cough*Euro 2004*cough*

Well, on one hand I could agree and say that Greece were fortunate to do what they did in 2004 and it wasn't deserved, etc. etc... - but on the other hand the only thing that matters in football are the goals... Greece might not have been "great" to watch, but they were "great" at playing the game their own way - taking the chances they got and defending well when they had to. If the Czechs and Portuguese couldn't get goals past them in the semi-final and final, that's their own fault. Greece might not have been "great" to watch, but they know how to play the game and get results.
26.06.2012 - 15:33
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
The Greek way of playing is comparable to campers: they might get the kills, but nobody likes them.

Btw, that retort was not meant to imply that Spain would suck this tournament. They don't. And I'm positive they'll march through to the finals.
----
26.06.2012 - 16:19
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yeh, I can see a Spain / Germany final... but stranger things have happened!
26.06.2012 - 16:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious

You don't get to the semi-final of the Euro championship without playing some great football. Spain might not have looked as dominant as they have done before, but they have still played well.

Absolutely. The only game that Spain completely dominated was the one against the Irish, but they've still looked decent in all their other games. Although they did ride their luck against Croatia. I have a hunch that Spain might win it again, though I hope Germany win it instead!
26.06.2012 - 16:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
As most people my money is on Spain and Germany in the final, as I thought before the tournament. But I'd actually rather see Portugal (even though I hate Ronaldo) and Italy there. But in the end I really don't care as long as we get to watch some nice football being played.
----
26.06.2012 - 18:50
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule

I know! There seems to be a sudden dislike for them. I have always been a Spain supporter, but I was also rooting for the Danish and the Swedes.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
26.06.2012 - 19:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Ronaldo played a brilliant game against CZE, hands down, but you can't beat Spain with only one great player. Just ask Ribéry. But in the end I'm with Warman: as long as we get to see some nice football, I don't care who wins. And if you look at the current state of the European economy, I'd rather grant Portugal, Spain and Italy an euphoria-induced boost in purchasing power
----
26.06.2012 - 23:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 26.06.2012 at 19:17

. But in the end I'm with Warman: as long as we get to see some nice football, I don't care who wins.

It sounds like Marcel
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2012 - 23:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 26.06.2012 at 23:24

Written by Promonex on 26.06.2012 at 19:17

. But in the end I'm with Warman: as long as we get to see some nice football, I don't care who wins.

It sounds like Marcel

yes we know you hate nice football, or else you wouldn't support Greece.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996