Metal Storm logo
New Band Edit Feature: TBA albums no longer allowed

Original post

Posted by psykometal, 07.01.2013 - 05:21
After some deliberations and considerations we have decided to no longer accept TBA albums into the database. All albums MUST have a Title and a DATE; working/tentative titles are permitted but must include "[TENTATIVE]" or "[WORKING]" at the end. The FAQ and the "Notes on adding albums" have been updated to reflect this new policy. Thank you for your cooperation!
10.01.2013 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Uldreth on 09.01.2013 at 23:05

If I am ever releasing something, I will name it TBA.

Fuck da system!

hahha it will be banned in MS
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2013 - 05:45
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Uldreth on 09.01.2013 at 23:05

If I am ever releasing something, I will name it TBA.

Fuck da system!

If YOU release an album that's titled TBA you better make sure that your username "Uldreth" isn't listed anywhere to indicate that is YOUR album cuz I'll delete that shit right off the site just to spite YOU. Lmao!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.01.2013 - 19:40
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
This is a great update, some TBA albums are actually never announced.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
10.01.2013 - 19:53
Edmund Fogg

What if the release date says year 2033 0r something like that? Like many albums on Bandcamp.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
10.01.2013 - 19:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Edmund Fogg on 10.01.2013 at 19:53

What if the release date says year 2033 0r something like that? Like many albums on Bandcamp.

I read onec Ofspring planed their last concert in 20 XX I dont remeberexact date but band still is active
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2013 - 04:46
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Good decision.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
12.01.2013 - 22:09
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Daggon on 10.01.2013 at 19:40

I concur. If the album title is to be announced at a later date, you might as well forget adding it until the band actually announces the title of their upcoming album.
----
13.01.2013 - 01:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2013 at 22:35

A vast majority of the TBA albums were announced.

re submit when its done and post MS news to
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2013 - 01:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.01.2013 at 01:27

Written by Bad English on 13.01.2013 at 01:26

re submit when its done and post MS news to

what?

in old days when we had TBA albums, when its announced you shood eddit title from TBA to proper
Now you simply wate and add album when title is known and same submit MS news
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2013 - 02:55
psykometal
A staff guy...
Technically the albums were not announced. The bands would announce they were working on a new album, recording a new album or preparing to release info about a new album and then users would add TBA albums based off that news. And then if the band decided to take a couple years to finish the album in between tours, festival appearances and general breaks we'd have a TBA album sitting in our database that needed to be pushed back year after year. Even with this "at least a Title" rule we are still going to see push backs but hopefully it will not be quite as bad.

Personally, I don't consider an album "announced" until they release actual info about the album like a Title (which is typically the first thing announced about an album). I wanted to require a Title and either Artwork or a Tracklist to severely limit the number of push backs but I got out-voted on that one and since this is a new rule at the start of a new year I shall wait and see how this change goes throughout the year and see what the push backs look like come next December/January.
----

13.01.2013 - 04:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 13.01.2013 at 03:24

Well, usually an announcement comes before details. And I think that has been like that for centuries.

I also think it would be cool if you would declare how would you want the 'target dates' to be handled. I mean, is a new album always December/the current year, can it be an approximation (if, then should there always be additional info or not), or can it be a 'half year of the whole year' date 6/June? Etc.

I think I myself can survive without this information, but I think many of the editors do need more info (and I your views).

There is no "rule" for handling the target dates. The reason we use December all the time is so that until an actual release date is announced there's no worry about having to do a push back in the middle of the year.

If a band announces "The new album entitled "Album X" should be ready in time for a Summer 2013 release." and you set the release date for June 2013 but then come June they announce that the album is being pushed back til Fall or Winter 2013 (or they don't say anything since they never gave a specific date earlier in the year) then you [or most likely I] have to go and do a push back on that album that was set for June 2013. But if you set "Album X" for December 2013 then you [or I] don't have to do a summer time push back on that album, which means less work for you [and/or me].
----

14.01.2013 - 17:03
BudDa

Written by psykometal on 13.01.2013 at 04:01

There is no "rule" for handling the target dates. The reason we use December all the time is so that until an actual release date is announced there's no worry about having to do a push back in the middle of the year.

Its also done to prevent someone from rating an album thats not yet announced/released. Why someone would rate a 9 or 8 or 2 for a TBA album is beyond me but people used to do it. Tool - TBA, you find a few users having rated the album.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
14.01.2013 - 18:45
psykometal
A staff guy...
^^^That too, yes!

And from clicking "Have it!" I've seen that a few times too where users went in and clicked "Have it!" on a TBA album because somebody hadn't done a push back yet.

Some people...
----

22.01.2013 - 23:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Daggon on 10.01.2013 at 19:40

I agree. Don't know how many times I've been psyched about an album just to realise it's complete bullshit.
----
09.02.2013 - 17:28
R Lewis

TBA Slipknot album HERE
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
09.02.2013 - 18:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think it would be better to differ between "there are vague rumors about new album to be made sometimes in the future" and "we all know the band is in studio and recording, but the title will be revealed just one month before release"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.02.2013 - 21:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Ellrohir on 09.02.2013 at 18:05

I think it would be better to differ between "there are vague rumors about new album to be made sometimes in the future" and "we all know the band is in studio and recording, but the title will be revealed just one month before release"

That's what News announcements are for.
----

11.03.2013 - 23:59
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.01.2013 at 18:19

Glad to see my name using in positive context after long time or else guys like chauvinist-turned-vagabond old ass Marcel have always try to violated me .

I am good. How's you?

Tense

Well... I'm without net, without cellphone credits, without money and without girls. Figures.
03.04.2013 - 15:33
JD
Account deleted
Good call guys.
04.04.2013 - 05:43
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 03.04.2013 at 15:33

Good call guys.

Why thank you, sir.
----

06.06.2013 - 19:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 06.06.2013 at 18:53

Written by psykometal on 04.04.2013 at 05:43

1n

Hello. How about split releases? Splits don't always have a title. So, is the rule to wait for a possible split title, or can it be added earlier as a Band 1 / Band 2 [Split]

For example, they're releasing a split: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=569513189746906

When would you add it to the database? After its release if it's untitled? Or before the release as Horna / Den Saakaldte [Split] (and edit the title(s) later if announced) ?

I don't see a problem with titleless splits. Just fill in "Split" as title.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2013 - 19:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 06.06.2013 at 19:20

Yea, that's how I see it too, but I'll wait for the psykopinion.

Add it as you suggested, Horna / Den Saakaldte [Split]. I've seen many splits that don't have titles even after release, they're just called Band 1/Band 2 [Split], so I don't have any issues continuing that. Just make sure you remember to go and edit the title if/when they announce a proper title for it.
----

28.01.2014 - 14:07
csiga
Munin
Ok, and now the new rule, is the upcoming album must be the release date too, not enough the album title? i just saw some albums on my wishlist was deleted. for example Wintersun - Time II, Nachtmystium - The World We Left Behind, Down - Down IV Part II - [EP] and more. so anyone can give me information about it?
----

i survived the lake bodom!
28.01.2014 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by csiga on 28.01.2014 at 14:07

Ok, and now the new rule, is the upcoming album must be the release date too, not enough the album title? i just saw some albums on my wishlist was deleted. for example Wintersun - Time II, Nachtmystium - The World We Left Behind, Down - Down IV Part II - [EP] and more. so anyone can give me information about it?

1th time I heard it but as far I know such albums who all time are push back like 2-5 years and are not out are deleted
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2014 - 22:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno, 1th time I heard it just looked, Diabolus in Miscia ha dno date, I add it 12 months otherwise it ws ''already out'' but maybe those 2 bands cancel they albums oir albuk existence is like unknown , its weird because staff woud info us if such law would apear
----

apos;'
[image]
27.07.2016 - 10:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If bands releases every information about the album except the release date - then I think it shouldn't be accepted.

I've got a news with me where band have released every bit of information about the album but hold down on its release date. If it can be accepted, then i might go for it.
27.07.2016 - 17:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.07.2016 at 10:28

If bands releases every information about the album except the release date - then I think it shouldn't be accepted.

I've got a news with me where band have released every bit of information about the album but hold down on its release date. If it can be accepted, then i might go for it.

No. Needs to have a date, too. Part of the reason for this change was to prevent users from inundating the site with a bunch of albums that Staff have to constantly "push back" because there's no actual date or title. Not sure why I didn't include that date is required, too, on this thread but I'm fixing that now. Thanks.
----