Metal Storm logo
Ancient Ascendant - Sign To Candlelight Records, Announce New Album

Candlelight Records has announced today the signing of U.K. death metal band Ancient Ascendant, which will be on tour in April supporting Pestilence across Europe. The band's new album was recorded with Dan Swanö.

Candlelight also issued the following press release: "2011 was a hugely successful year for Ancient Ascendant, which saw their highly rated debut album The Grim Awakening being released by Siege of Amida Records, as well as signing to the renowned Factory Music booking agency. Quickly following up on this with their second EP, 2012 saw the release of Into The Dark.

"It represented the latest evolution of British death metal standard bearers Ancient Ascendant, brought to life under the expert guidance of the legendary Dan Swanö ( Opeth, Dissection, Dark Funeral, Bloodbath].

"2012 also saw the band completing a successful UK tour with gore metal legends Aborted, playing a packed out Sophie Lancaster stage at Bloodstock Open Air, as well as sharing a stage with the masters of Teutonic thrash Sodom.

"2013 began with a busy touring schedule, travelling the UK and Ireland with Enslaved/ Winterfylleth, then as main support to Hypocrisy. The rest of the year was spent writing and recording their second full length album, once again with Dan Swanö at the helm.

"Preparing to release the follow up to their 2012 EP Into The Dark, their new full length album continues in the style they have honed over the last 6 years while raising the bar in every conceivable way. More extremity, more melody, more groove and more evil."

The band comments on signing to Candlelight: "We are so proud to be signing with the legendary Candlelight Records. Not only do we get to work with the great guys that run it, we get to share a roster with our good friends in Xerath, Winterfylleth and Eastern Front. Not to mention other bands like Pestilence and Ihsahn who have greatly influenced us to be the band we are today. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with such a great label."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ancient Ascendant
Posted: 20.01.2014 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 14 users
21.01.2014 - 05:51
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Great band. Really enjoyed their last EP so I have high hopes for the new album.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
21.01.2014 - 08:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Sweet.

As said, EP gave us a very high hope to the bomb that'll drop to soon.

Hits total: 1850 | This month: 6