Metal Storm logo
Adding Upcoming Albums Without Confirmed Release Date

12.02.2014 - 23:46
J. N.
Account deleted
There was a small discussion before about "December albums" and that they shouldn't be added, and only upcoming albums with a confirmed title and full release date should be added.

It makes the database cleaner and we all can skip constantly pushing unreleased albums further into the future.

Addendum: "working titles" are permissible as long as there is a confirmed full release date. Ex: The Amenta's Flesh Is Heir was added when that was only a working title. It's not often that band's will announce an album with a full release date and only a working title. And if they do we can add, but be sure to include [working title] in the title.
12.02.2014 - 23:59
mz

YES. But what if an album has fixed release date in December?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
13.02.2014 - 00:03
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.02.2014 at 23:59
YES. But what if an album has fixed release date in December?

If the actual release date is confirmed for December, hopefully with a day as well, then add it.
13.02.2014 - 00:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about album whit month but no date yet?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.02.2014 - 20:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2014 at 00:52

How about album whit month but no date yet?

I think it should be added.

Given a month with no dates, in that condition, bands try to update their exact release date soon.
26.02.2014 - 20:28
D.T. Metal

Yes - if an OFFICIAL source is named that Band X will release an album in December but no date has been set.
Might want to put a link to the source in the comment section when you add the album so it doesn't get thrown out.
02.06.2014 - 04:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
But come January the following year, if there is still no actual release date, the album will be purged instead of being pushed back to the following year as has been done in the past.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

02.06.2014 - 14:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 02.06.2014 at 04:32

But come January the following year, if there is still no actual release date, the album will be purged instead of being pushed back to the following year as has been done in the past.

Opeth was puh back, well we have who eddit but if some rare doom band will be push back ... who will eddit that band? non, it will be lost and gone
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2014 - 00:04
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 02.06.2014 at 14:07
Opeth wa spuh back, well we have who eddit but if some rare doom band will be push back ... who will eddit that band? non, it will be lost and gone

Opeth had the new date confirmed right away, thus not being deleted.
06.06.2014 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.06.2014 at 00:04

Written by Bad English on 02.06.2014 at 14:07
Opeth wa spuh back, well we have who eddit but if some rare doom band will be push back ... who will eddit that band? non, it will be lost and gone

Opeth had the new date confirmed right away, thus not being deleted.

I know it and IMO I or you eddited it , but it was like example to that guy to prove if push back happens it can be unbeditted and in the end never comesout as that Greek thrashrs DVD (cant remeber name)
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2014 - 00:08
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2014 at 00:06
I know it and IMO I or you eddited it , but it was like example to that guy to prove if push back happens it can be unbeditted and in the end never comesout as that Greek thrashrs DVD (cant remeber name)

Because most of those "December albums" had been in the database for over a year without any updates at all. I saw some added back in 2012 even.
06.06.2014 - 02:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.06.2014 at 00:08

Written by Bad English on 06.06.2014 at 00:06

Because most of those "December albums" had been in the database for over a year without any updates at all. I saw some added back in 2012 even.

I know, i have seen many as well..I am looking at datebase often
----

apos;'
[image]
09.02.2015 - 18:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I've added this album. It's set for release this summer, which leaves margin for delays, whereas a "December" release is rather ambiguous. That's my opinion in any case. Should albums like these be added?
09.02.2015 - 20:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 09.02.2015 at 18:33

I've added this album. It's set for release this summer, which leaves margin for delays, whereas a "December" release is rather ambiguous. That's my opinion in any case. Should albums like these be added?

negative
no summer, if there is month well its OK, but unless album is push back, delete it , but like this no we don't accept it and besides now its like relised and some fan boys can add it as collection so
anyway I deleted it , since its classic December album
----

apos;'
[image]
09.02.2015 - 21:05
psykometal
A staff guy...

As stated, only albums with a release date should be added. No TBAs, no "Season X" releases, no "it will be released in Month X but we haven't decided on a day yet". Must have an exact release date.
----

09.02.2015 - 22:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 09.02.2015 at 21:05

As stated, only albums with a release date should be added. No TBAs, no "Season X" releases, no "it will be released in Month X but we haven't decided on a day yet". Must have an exact release date.

Johan after those rules was announced in SB said month is OK

well Kiwi case it was classic TBA album no month at all just 2015
----

apos;'
[image]
09.02.2015 - 22:34
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
There doesn't seem to be a consensus. Can albums be added if only the month of release is available...
09.02.2015 - 22:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 09.02.2015 at 22:34

There doesn't seem to be a consensus. Can albums be added if only the month of release is available...

Lex told me negative, when those news was announced, same did DT
have not hear anything has been changed
----

apos;'
[image]
09.02.2015 - 22:51
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 09.02.2015 at 22:34

The consensus is clearly stated in this topic's OP:

"only upcoming albums with a confirmed title and full release date should be added"
----

09.02.2015 - 23:31
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 09.02.2015 at 22:51

The consensus is clearly stated in this topic's OP:

"only upcoming albums with a confirmed title and full release date should be added"

Both you and D.T. stated that if there was a confirmed month then the album could be added. Thus, my confusion.
09.02.2015 - 23:51
psykometal
A staff guy...
Huh? When the hell was that? :-/
----

10.02.2015 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 09.02.2015 at 23:51

negative, all I recall was Johan on SB, because I don't recall him saying it
----

apos;'
[image]
10.02.2015 - 04:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
There shouldn't be any sort of confusion.

When you see album(title + art - no specified release date), it should be added. In anticipation, label/band will release an official date soon. So, it should be added up and later modify the date.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
10.02.2015 - 11:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.02.2015 at 04:21

There shouldn't be any sort of confusion.

When you see album(title + art - no specified release date), it should be added. In anticipation, label/band will release an official date soon. So, it should be added up and later modify the date.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

no , because date changes, when there be date you add it ... or you will go to all logs , look for album and change postondet ... 90% those are , wait till date be announced
----

apos;'
[image]
10.02.2015 - 13:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I didn't get you.

I meant when label/band releases album details(art and tracklisting but no release date is given), so in that case it should be added 'cause you know in a week, they'll update about release date. Let fans know what art and tracklisting band come upon. If an album didn't get updated for a month(or no further details is been officially released) then it should be deleted.
10.02.2015 - 13:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.02.2015 at 13:17

I didn't get you.

I meant when label/band releases album details(art and tracklisting but no release date is given), so in that case it should be added 'cause you know in a week, they'll update about release date. Let fans know what art and tracklisting band come upon. If an album didn't get updated for a month(or no further details is been officially released) then it should be deleted.

that what rules say
wait when its be out ... reason why rules was invented was because we did postpond many times...
----

apos;'
[image]
10.02.2015 - 14:01
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 09.02.2015 at 23:51

D.T.: Yes - if an OFFICIAL source is named that Band X will release an album in December but no date has been set.
Might want to put a link to the source in the comment section when you add the album so it doesn't get thrown out.

You: But come January the following year, if there is still no actual release date, the album will be purged instead of being pushed back to the following year as has been done in the past.
10.02.2015 - 14:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Like I said, the "rule" seems to be unclear and dependent on several details.
10.02.2015 - 17:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Hmm. Yea, ok, I vaguely recall that now. And, yea, ignore that. Go with what's in this OP "only upcoming albums with a confirmed title and full release date should be added".
----

10.02.2015 - 17:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
Addendum added btw.
----