Metal Storm logo
Edge Of Sanity

20.05.2006 - 17:27
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Dan Swano is a god. Just thought I'd get that out in the open. I'd also like to state that 'Crimson' is in my opinion the greatest album/song ever created. 'Crimson II' is also a bonafide masterpiece too and is almost as good as the original. Oddly enough, EOS's other work, apart from perhaps 'Purgatory Afterglow' really don't interest me.

Anyway, the early career of EOS mainly consisted of average death metal before peaking with the highly ambitious concept album 'Crimson' which consists of 40 minutes of pure metal bliss. Perhaps comparable to Opeth, it's of a very progressive nature as it spans a multitude of genres and has some amazing vocal work from Swano and Akerfeldt. It also comprises some very epic storytelling which is expertly performed by the band.
21.05.2006 - 00:18
Daru Jericho
Damn, you beat me to making this thread

What can I say? This band is one of my current favourites, my favourite album probabl being Crimson II. Such an amazing album with a strong prog sound under all of those death growls. Purgatory Afterglow was quite weak really, especially some of the vocals. Still, Swano deserves to be praised and I honestly think that this band had a great influence on Opeth. Too bad they've stopped now. EOS were really something special.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

22.06.2006 - 02:14
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
I have been itching for a few years to hear this band, but i always forget to try and search hard on the internet for some of their stuff, or when i actually remember to search, i end up finding nothing.
22.06.2006 - 02:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
this is great band and one of my fv deathmetal band, I BTW Edge OF Sanity are my firts metal band what CD I by it was "The Spectral Sorros" one bastrd stoll it from me and still this album re spevcial for me

Alo I like song "Black Tears"
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.06.2006 - 11:09
rosu
damn it vas the realy first metal band that i started to listsen before that i lisened rock and punk rock.

unfortunaly i only hawe infrenal album.
----
freedom is not sold
it is something to die for
freedom isn't money
it is carried in your soul
31.07.2006 - 15:59
crimson & crimson ii are masterpieces! this albums (maybe) are the best in mdm... but the other albums i like too, and EoS is one of my favourite bands. Dan Swano rulez!
----
the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way ©
31.07.2006 - 18:19
Xaphiris
YES! SWANO kicks serious ass! I love what they did with Crimson. Though the Swano+Akerfeldt formula I find more apealing to me is Bloodbath.

Though Edge Of Sanity are dead, may they never rest in piece!
----
03.08.2006 - 21:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Downloaded it yesterday, can't even remember why, but thank god I did. Im talking about Crimson II. Great stuff! Really melodic, great stuff?

Are they dead?! Fuck. That sucks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.08.2006 - 15:39
Daru Jericho
Crimson II was the first EOS album I heard. 'The Silent Threat' could be my favourite track. It changes pretty often.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.08.2006 - 16:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by rosu on 25.06.2006 at 11:09

damn it vas the realy first metal band that i started to listsen before that i lisened rock and punk rock.

unfortunaly i only hawe infrenal album.

''The Spectral Sorrows'' was firts metal album what I bought
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2006 - 10:42
Eternal Flames
Yes, Dan Swano is a pure fucking genius. Crimson is a masterpiece and Crimson II was just as good. Both were my favourite albums. Purgatory Afterglow was very good also, and I must agree that the rest of Edge Of Sanity's work was not as good as those albums in particular, but I still did enjoy some of them. Nothing But Death Remains and The Spectral Sorrows were very good albums also.

Dan Swano's other projects were very good also, particularly Pan.Thy.Monium and of course his solo album Moontower. Very talented guy without a doubt.
11.09.2006 - 12:20
ylside
Staff
Most of Edge of Sanity's releases are gold From Unorthodox, Swanö and the other members began creating some genuine mix between Death Metal and other genres, a unique band really !

A remaster of Crimson and Crimson II will be released somewhere in the future I think. (check MS news)
28.11.2006 - 07:37
crown
Account deleted
The only memory of EOS i have is 'My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me? I'm nailed to this cross, but spiritually I am free!'
I love that song.

What can you folks recommend of EOS??
28.11.2006 - 20:18
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, the song 'Crimson' =]
28.11.2006 - 23:59
ylside
Staff
More like Unorthodox and The Spectral Sorrow, they are imo more original that Crimson in some ways (not talking about the length, obviously...)
06.12.2006 - 19:33
Plutonium Grace
Account deleted
Does anybody of you know from where the background voices in the song "murder Divided" from Evolution comes from??
06.12.2006 - 20:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm getting disappointed with this band. Crimson II was a good album when I bought it, but now it is just one of those albums that I like, but never listen. Anyone with the same thoughts?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.12.2006 - 12:22
ylside
Staff
Written by Lucas on 06.12.2006 at 20:36

I'm getting disappointed with this band. Crimson II was a good album when I bought it, but now it is just one of those albums that I like, but never listen. Anyone with the same thoughts?

Me, but actually I don't like Crimson II at all, it's bland and has no spirit, if you know what I mean. And most of the riffs are recycled from old Edge of Sanity albums, (check Spectral Sorrow you'll see)
07.12.2006 - 14:50
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
As you can see, I'm a Dan Swano fan
I really like Edge Of Sanity. My fav. is obviously The Spectral Sorrows, with its glorius riffing, ecklectic drumming and of course, the spect(r)acular Dan Seagrave cover.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
07.12.2006 - 18:44
KMR
Written by ylside on 28.11.2006 at 23:59

More like Unorthodox and The Spectral Sorrow, they are imo more original that Crimson in some ways (not talking about the length, obviously...)

I agree. I've never been into crimson era of this band (maybe cause I'm not a great fan of NWOSDM), unothodox got a touch old swedish school, and overall is more interesting album, more versatile likely. Remember in 90's unorthodox was one of my favourite DM productions, good stuff. btw. have to find this tape
----
Nothing is sacred.
08.12.2006 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by KMR on 07.12.2006 at 18:44

Written by ylside on 28.11.2006 at 23:59

I agree. I've never been into crimson era of this band (maybe cause I'm not a great fan of NWOSDM), unothodox got a touch old swedish school, and overall is more interesting album, more versatile likely. Remember in 90's unorthodox was one of my favourite DM productions, good stuff. btw. have to find this tape

NWOSDM --? is this New Wawe Of Swedish Dead Metal?

Me too I dont like EoS in crimosn era,m I like firstv 3-4 albums and after Dan Sawno wa salone in band, I domnt like and I love old school DM all who are older how 1995
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2007 - 01:59
MadTinus
I also think Crimson II ain't that great, my favourite (and has been from the beginning) is THE SPECTRAL SORROWS. I still remember I was listening to it at the counter in the store (that's what you did in '93 before buying an album! ) and I stood there with shaking legs, immediately bought it of course. "The Masque" is such a monumental track.

Spectral Sorrows FTW!!
21.09.2007 - 02:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MadTinus on 21.09.2007 at 01:59

I also think Crimson II ain't that great, my favourite (and has been from the beginning) is THE SPECTRAL SORROWS. I still remember I was listening to it at the counter in the store (that's what you did in '93 before buying an album! ) and I stood there with shaking legs, immediately bought it of course. "The Masque" is such a monumental track.

Spectral Sorrows FTW!!

Man my fisrt album an i still love it best songs are 'blood of my enemies' and 'Lost'
----

apos;'
[image]
19.12.2007 - 03:44
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by [user id=4365] on 20.05.2006 at 17:27

Dan Swano is a god. Just thought I'd get that out in the open. I'd also like to state that 'Crimson' is in my opinion the greatest album/song ever created. 'Crimson II' is also a bonafide masterpiece too and is almost as good as the original. Oddly enough, EOS's other work, apart from perhaps 'Purgatory Afterglow' really don't interest me. Shows Mr. Swano works best on his own really.

Anyway, the early career of EOS mainly consisted of average death metal before peaking with the highly ambitious concept album 'Crimson' which consists of 40 minutes of pure metal bliss. Perhaps comparable to Opeth, it's of a very progressive nature as it spans a multitude of genres and has some amazing vocal work from Swano and Akerfeldt. It also comprises some very epic storytelling which is expertly performed by the band.

Rawk!

Damn, I was gonna make a thread about this if I couldn't find one, but you beat me to it. But I dont think I could have said it any better
01.01.2009 - 23:53
Khaldi
Yeah , Edge Of Sanity's music is an brilliant piece of from all death metal janre . Their Crimson
are masterpiece , today i listened it 5 times ( 5* 40 min = 200 min )
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
28.01.2009 - 09:58
Ascendant187
I was wondering if anyone could help me with tracklistings for Crimson and Crimson II? I recently picked up their compilation "When All Is Said" and I've been racking my brain on how to sort through it so I can name the songs and put them on my iPod.

Any help is much appreciated.
29.01.2009 - 01:42
ylside
Staff
Written by Ascendant187 on 28.01.2009 at 09:58

I was wondering if anyone could help me with tracklistings for Crimson and Crimson II? I recently picked up their compilation "When All Is Said" and I've been racking my brain on how to sort through it so I can name the songs and put them on my iPod.

Got that CD aswell, I might not be of a big help but the transition between Crimson and Crimson II is somewhere in between tracks 40 to 50, can't remember now since I did not listen to it for quite some time!
05.02.2009 - 16:09
RockeRoy
Crimson II is an amaizing album, but i think the rest of their material is mediocre
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
05.02.2009 - 17:19
xguitaristgirlx
Account deleted
Written by RockeRoy on 05.02.2009 at 16:09

Crimson II is an amaizing album, but i think the rest of their material is mediocre

I agree! I have only listened to the first three songs on this album, but that's all it took! It's amazing! I'm looking forward to buying this CD so I can finish listening to the rest...ah the suspend is killing me! lol
06.02.2009 - 17:34
Ascendant187
Written by ylside on 29.01.2009 at 01:42

Written by Ascendant187 on 28.01.2009 at 09:58

Got that CD aswell, I might not be of a big help but the transition between Crimson and Crimson II is somewhere in between tracks 40 to 50, can't remember now since I did not listen to it for quite some time!

It helps me a little but not a great deal. I kind of wish Dan Swano hadn't decided to be so "progressive" and split either album into fifty zillion tracks. It'd make it a lot easier to put things onto an iPod (and similar devices). Unfortunately I don't think that came into consideration around the time of recording either album however... which is a shame but hey, who knew?