Metal Storm logo
Disembowelment

01.02.2007 - 05:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Disembowelment (also written as diSEMBOWELMENT) is one of the doom-metal legends, and an example to many modern-day Death/Doom bands. They go from blasting death moments to super-slow doom-metal, all done with deep growled vocals hence their style that they help make in the early days of this Death/Doom genre.

They broke up too quick after only releasing one full length and a small number of Demos. Luckly the record company had released compilations which inclued all of their material. Hopefully others are fans or atleast heard of this great band, Disembowelment.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.02.2007 - 09:31
Hybrid_Killer
Account deleted
Funny you made this thread right now- I just purchased the mentioned compilation in my recent crusade for all things death/doom.

Fantastic music.
01.02.2007 - 13:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Can not belive such ttread wasnt here before

Good band I like it its early death/doom atmosfere and iMO band done good job to splitt up because otherwise probobly thay woud chaged soun like Paradise Losta dn Amorphis
Realy like this band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.02.2007 - 13:41
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Bad English on 01.02.2007 at 13:13

Good band I like it its early death/doom atmosfere and iMO band done good job to splitt up because otherwise probobly thay woud chaged soun like Paradise Losta dn Amorphis
Realy like this band

You think its good that they split up because of something that might not of even happened? Find that very strange...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.02.2007 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Xtreme Jax on 01.02.2007 at 13:41

Written by Bad English on 01.02.2007 at 13:13

Realy like this band

You think its good that they split up because of something that might not of even happened? Find that very strange...

Well I better see them splitt up and we had legacy 3 good records how thay chaged sound, because from that age death/doom only MdB left old good Winter splitt up too
----

apos;'
[image]
01.02.2007 - 22:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Trascendence Into The Peripheral" is a stunnig masterpiece... I love its dirty and very heavy sound... I wouldn't call it depressive at all, just soul-crushing shit.
04.05.2007 - 05:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I had been avoiding this band for a while because I thought they were supposed to be a doom metal band with death metal influences (which is kinda what they are lol), and I REALLY hate slow death metal, so I just disregarded them. However, I've been listening to them a little bit recently and I'm slowly liking them. I think it's fairly obvious that they had some influence on Bethlehem's Dark Metal, since they had a similar style.
04.05.2007 - 18:58
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Nice change of words dude, haha. I'll have to check this Bethlehem's work now, seeing as you've compared them to be quite simular.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.01.2008 - 07:40
Toolshed
One of best doom metal bands.I can't explain them,they're just...supernatural.Music greater than life.
02.01.2008 - 22:49
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Greatest thing about the music of diSEMBOWELMENT is the contrast, when the music actually does speed up I feel almost ecstatic, also I love both, the clean ethereal guitar tone and the raw and ugly tone of the distorted guitar on Transcendence Into The Peripheral. The distorted guitar sound is close to perfection, with its organic and dangerous sound.
03.01.2008 - 02:42
Toolshed
Yes,their music is extremely dirty and ugly - and that's the point of all tings - you can't have nice sound when songs are about not so nice things
03.01.2008 - 07:43
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
diSEMBOWELMENT is fucking brilliant, especially their song "the tree of life and death" gives me the creeps everytime i listen to it. i wonder if these gods think about reuniting like all of the suprising reunions we saw in the past 2 years.
04.01.2008 - 02:09
Toolshed
Unfortunately,in interview they said they'll never reunite...
04.01.2008 - 02:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Toolshed on 04.01.2008 at 02:09

we know it but it never say never who knows what hepen after 20 years
Pagan Altar and Witchfinder General play again
----

apos;'
[image]
04.01.2008 - 03:20
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 04.01.2008 at 02:14

we know it but it never say never who knows what hepen after 20 years
Pagan Altar and Witchfinder General play again

And don't forget Solomon Kane, the most obscure classic doom metal band around, that are planning to reunite after all these centuries
04.01.2008 - 08:29
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted

do you have a link to that? i've never seen an interview with them.
04.01.2008 - 17:24
Toolshed
Written by Guest on 04.01.2008 at 08:29

do you have a link to that? i've never seen an interview with them.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=18488684&blogID=235363273

You never know, I hope they'll reunite, but...
09.11.2008 - 14:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Stunning band. I never got around to checking their music but I new I would have to, some day. Now I did and bought the 2-cd compilation. As Southern Wind said it, soul-crushing.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.08.2009 - 14:24
Toolshed
It's now on Metalstorm's band list
10.08.2009 - 18:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Yeah, I'm very happy about that since the band is really big for the doom metal scene so it was kind of a surprise that they weren't visible on the first place.

And I have to buy that compilation one of these days. I have the money, so I just have to do it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2010 - 05:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Members of diSEMBOWELMENT forming new band

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=535906632

"Ex-band members of diSEMBOWELMENT looking for someone to assist with vocal needs for a new project combining elements of diSEMBOWELMENT, Trial of the Bow and contemporary Death/Doom. We are looking for someone who can sing a blend of death and black metal styles. Experience and versatility most important. If you play bass/guitar, this would be an advantage too. Locality must be within Melbourne (at this stage) as we are in the process of writing and recreating. We will be jamming some old diSEMBOWELMENT material as well. Preferred age 25+. Jamming on a weekly basis.

Can you handle this? Contact us for further details .....

Paul - 0413 851 446

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=18488684&b logId=535906632#ixzz0rQzl4cgw"
21.06.2010 - 06:36
Got Mayhem?
Sounds interesting... looking forward to hearing what this'll sound like. disEMBOWELMENT kicked an immense amount of ass so expectations will be high for whatever they release.
----
21.06.2010 - 16:34
worship_non
Account deleted
Hope something great will come out of it, although it's somewhat hard for me to not be a little skeptical.
26.07.2010 - 20:36
Their album, Transcendence Into The Peripheral, is just so amazing, it makes me love doom metal even more. Press play, sit back and enjoy.
29.12.2011 - 20:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
RESURRECT THE THREAD

Written by Justicelust on 29.12.2011 at 19:47
You are right there is chaos, it is written Death Doom Metal in their profile but it sounds something like Black/Funeral Doom metal to me.

I think the death influence is pretty obvious, specially here

They just have a really muddy sound.

Written by Justicelust on 29.12.2011 at 20:08

Yes there is death influence in this one especially in the beginning and the end, but the middle of the song was quite Funeral Doom I liked it.

Moved the discussion because I don't want to get off-topic on Der's review. I stick with the Death/Doom tag because that's what they played as a whole and influenced that entire scene. Also... I might understand the funeral doom idea because of the slowness sometimes but there's definitely no black here. While the production is really raw and muddy, the riffs are pure death riffs slowed down.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.