Metal Storm logo
Napalm Death vs Carcass

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 12.02.2007 - 03:29
Both Bands were influenced By Guitarist Bill steer, and were both pioneers of their genres. Napalm Death Is credited with inventing grindcore and are also among the most influntial Death metal acts out there. Carcass, while not the Inventors Death Metal, they were among the first out there, and also incorperated a good amount of grindore influence in their music. Notably, Michel Ammot, Founder of Arch enemy, Is a former member of carcass. So, Let the votes Fly, who do you prefer? (I voted Carcass)

Poll

Who Do you like better

Carcass
Napalm Death

Total votes: 128
17.04.2012 - 18:49
Branzig
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.04.2012 at 18:41

I just tell my friends it's fast death metal

To me, it's all about that groove! Grindcore bands have some of the best groove in their riffs and I love the hyper speed that they play at. So violent, so angry, so sexy!

I don't really care for the grind bands that only sing about death though. I think it's silly. Leave all the fantasy and gore shit for metal. Grindcore should be a tool to express your political ideals and beliefs in my opinion.

(Excluding goregrind obviously)
----
In Grind We Crust
17.04.2012 - 18:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Branzig on 17.04.2012 at 18:49

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.04.2012 at 18:41

I just tell my friends it's fast death metal

To me, it's all about that groove! Grindcore bands have some of the best groove in their riffs and I love the hyper speed that they play at. So violent, so angry, so sexy!

I don't really care for the grind bands that only sing about death though. I think it's silly. Leave all the fantasy and gore shit for metal. Grindcore should be a tool to express your political ideals and beliefs in my opinion.

(Excluding goregrind obviously)

I. Totally forgot about the. Groove D:

Search six brew bantha in bandcamp, it's some decent grind.

Typing on my iPod.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.04.2012 - 19:01
Branzig
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.04.2012 at 18:54

Search six brew bantha in bandcamp, it's some decent grind.

Yeah they aren't too shabby.

I have like half the material written for my little black metal project...then I started listening to a shit ton of crust punk...and BAM! Bye Bye black metal project haha.

Now my brother and I are writing material for a grind album. We are hooking up with a drummer next week. Already have my first song pretty much written. A couple months ago our local Police Department thought it would be appropriate to gun down a 75 year old man on his own property which happened to be his own family run business. They also shot him up in front of his wife, grandchildren, and 2 sons. I fucking hate police brutality.

You can get away with murder if you have a badge.
----
In Grind We Crust
19.04.2012 - 09:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Hey guys. hate to be a buzzkill but, uh, let's stay a little more topic specific here?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.12.2012 - 15:23
megadeath13
Account deleted
Carcass has released better albums, so i go with them
16.12.2012 - 09:27
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
During their grind eras, its tough for me. But I'd probably go with Napalm Death. During their death metal eras its by far Carcass. Necroticism is a righteous album, Heartwork not as good, but still a great album and then Swansong. Might be my favorite album by them, its close between that and Necroticism.