Metal Storm logo
Venom - Announce New Album For January

Venom are back! The influential British trio has just confirmed the release of their new studio album, which will be titled From The Very Depths, for January 27th via Spinefarm Records. You don't have to wait much longer to hear the band's new offering. Furthermore, the legendary band will play an exclusive live world premiere of their forthcoming album as one of their two shows on board 70000 Tons Of Metal 2015.

Frontman Cronos says: "This album is perfect, all three members are totally over-the-top confident with the new songs and the production. We had a great atmosphere in the studio while we were recording, Dante created pure thunder from his drums, while Rage tears the flesh off your face with his riffs, making everything fall into place so well... it's a strong release and really shows the band maturing into an unstoppable force of pure Black Metal. We can't wait to play the new songs live for the Legions... Hell Yeah!"

On the self-proclaimed original and the world's biggest heavy metal cruise, you can experience Venom playing their new album in its entirety.

The 14-track release, From The Very Depths, will be the follow-up to 2011's Fallen Angels. This is already their fourteenth studio album. Are you excited?

Source: us6.campaign-archive2.com
Band profile: Venom
Posted: 26.11.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 96 users
26.11.2014 - 19:32
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Not really excited...
26.11.2014 - 19:59
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Not really excited too...
26.11.2014 - 20:01
Mountain King
K i K o
Not an interesting band at all, can't say I've heard a lot of material by them...
26.11.2014 - 21:09
J. N.
Account deleted
Yeah, how about "no"?
26.11.2014 - 21:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 26.11.2014 at 21:09

Yeah, how about "no"?

No-one likes Venom anymore?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.11.2014 - 21:19
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 26.11.2014 at 21:16
No-one likes Venom anymore?

No-one liked Venom ever.
26.11.2014 - 22:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mountain King on 26.11.2014 at 20:01

Not an interesting band at all, can't say I've heard a lot of material by them...

I tried to, early albums are OK , late 80's up to now so boring ... just copying them selfs and I hate when say they play BM, its not a BM
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2014 - 23:16
Xylem

It's interesting how a band so praised and cited as an early influence by many now garners so much negativity. Then again they haven't done anything interesting since 1982... that's almost 33 years ago... and they still exist, so it's basically warranted.
27.11.2014 - 01:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Weren't these guys split up and then came back and then split again or something?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.11.2014 - 12:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
OK boyz, let give Venom one more chance to bounce back. You never know they might force you to drop your jaw with this new record.
28.11.2014 - 18:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.11.2014 at 12:53

OK boyz, let give Venom one more chance to bounce back. You never know they might force you to drop your jaw with this new record.

/sarcasm ?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.11.2014 - 09:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Karlabos on 28.11.2014 at 18:43

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.11.2014 at 12:53

/sarcasm ?

Obviously, man.

On a serious note, I can't be optimstic about how horrendous Venom has released records before. On the other hand, I also think let we just wait and watch how they have worked on this new album. Only permutation and combination might show new record to be "outstanding".
02.12.2014 - 10:49
Timelord

I have been venom fan since I bought Welcome to Hell vinyl when it was released. Funny how so many people talk about how bad they are but still think some of these god awful black metal bands are great or how its hard to tell these new bands apart because they all sound the same. To each their own and I really don't expect people who weren't around to realize the real impact Venom and Celtic Frost had on music when they first hit the scene to get into it because it is a very dated sound. I didn't care for the last few releases myself. Resurrection was the last decent album to me.
02.12.2014 - 23:57
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Timelord on 02.12.2014 at 10:49

Funny how so many people talk about how bad they are but still think some of these god awful black metal bands are great or how its hard to tell these new bands apart because they all sound the same.

I'd take most of those "god awful black metal bands" over Venom any day. Venom is yet another example of a band that will be remembered for influence only, not for quality of music.
03.12.2014 - 00:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

still think some of these god awful black metal bands are great or how its hard to tell these new bands apart because they all sound the same

I think you need to revisit black metal and what it's become. As subsets of metal goes it's the most diverse by a parsec.
11.01.2015 - 10:03
Timelord

Written by Guest on 02.12.2014 at 23:57

Funny how so many people talk about how bad they are but still think some of these god awful black metal bands are great or how its hard to tell these new bands apart because they all sound the same.

I'd take most of those "god awful black metal bands" over Venom any day. Venom is yet another example of a band that will be remembered for influence only, not for quality of music.

while those bands won't be remembered at all except for the non music news created through stupidity. All saying that venom were their favourite band. To each their own. I have no problem if anybody hates venom or any other band. It is just amusing to me how important it is to so many people to breakdown "subsets" of music into these complicated conversations and arguments over what category is better with charts looking like english class breaking down sentences. Surreal
12.01.2015 - 00:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Personally I'm put off by how awful they sound.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2015 - 03:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Not so much of a great post imo. For that it would need expansion on "Funny how so many people talk about how bad they are but still think some of these god awful black metal bands are great or how its hard to tell these new bands apart because they all sound the same." Otherwise it's just a blanket statement which shows little engagement with modern black metal.

Not to mention because everyone and their mother knows what impact Venom had. That's really never been in question.
12.01.2015 - 03:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 12.01.2015 at 03:09

I had assumed he was talking about the Darkthrone clones of which there still a lot and not the Deafhaven's or Nachtmystiums or Enslaveds or Panopticons or whatevers.

I never regarded Venom as black metal anyhow - heavy/speed and later thrash-y. Given the quality of modern thrash/heavy/speed, modern Venom are comparable to most acts these days. At least they can still churn out a catchy hook or two which a lot of current bands in these genres struggle with.

I consider Black Metal to be black metal insofar as it's historically considered so, but I agree that stylistically they've never really had much in common musically with the style. The new song in particular highlights this quite well.

I can't really speak for Timelord. If he did mean the Darkclones then again, I don't think all that many people hold them in too high regard either. Just look at the comments on Ilham's Marduk review. There's definitely a sour-taste in a lot of people's mouths regarding that kind of old-fashioned black metal.
12.01.2015 - 03:26
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 12.01.2015 at 03:23

I don't think the old raw stuff appeals to your average MSers - too varied listening tastes with a pechant for progressive stuff. Come to think of it, I don't see much discussion let alone praise about stuff like Transylvanian Hunger or A Blaze In The Northern Sky either.

Maybe, but the few there are are usually the most annoying twats around, and that gets them noticed as if they were a million.
12.01.2015 - 04:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
To be honest I think all the praise for Darkthrone has already been said on here already. Naturally though as newer generations get introduced to black metal there's going to be more to interest them so raw and comparatively difficult things like Transylvanian Hunger won't necessarily interest them. You get quite a few people "interested in black metal" that only like things like Alcest and Deafheaven.
12.01.2015 - 08:46
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'll probably find something enjoyable about this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.01.2015 - 14:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 12.01.2015 at 03:09

Incidentally I've never met a BM fan who was a Venom fan (or fans of Celtic Frost and Bathory). Venom, Celtic Frost and Bathory seem to generally appeal to thrash fans in my experience.

You really do live far away from the rest of the world, right?
If I hadn't know better I would have thought you lived in the Outback and not in Tazzie going by this statement of yours.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.01.2015 - 07:03
Timelord

Just so my earlier statement is clear as to what I wanted to get across. Time to elaborate a bit more. When the statement was made that Venom won't be remembered for their music but just an influential band. I couldn't believe such a stupid statement ever got to Post Reply (Alt+S). They are influential because of the MUSIC they created!! I have yet to see a tribute album for some band named Sergrotten Satanea Gobbedly Gook (yes I did mean all the Darkthrone babies) To my knowledge none of those bands were asked to be on Dave Grohl's (who doesn't even play metal) Probot album. Cronos was included and I thought 'Centuries of Sin" perfectly captured Venom(as well as the Eric Wagner,Motorhead and DRI songs). There has been quite a bit of bands pay tribute to Venom by playing their music. Watch Slayer: Live Intrusion when Rob Flynn joins them onstage to perform 'Witching Hour". So yeah they will be remembered for music but most of all they had the balls to go all out with the whole satanic theme jumpstarting the satanic panic 80's. They have always maintained that they consider themselves entertainers over musicians. Watch the interview on Ultimate Revenge 1. A video of Abbath showing how to play some Immortal songs has him saying that none of them were Eddie Van Halen so FUCk IT VENOM!! If you weren't around at that time it is extremely difficult to grasp that there was NOTHING else that even came close to what Venom and later Mercyful Fate, Bathory and Celtic Frost were doing. I have heard many 'Black Metal" bands cite those very bands especially Venom because they came up with the very term just like 'Possessed" coined death metal. The second wave of black metal bands made it a point to have bad productions on purpose. Why? They lacked the skills with their instruments just as the aforementioned but the sheer rawness more than made up for it. I think I made a little sense here if not then FUCK IT VENOM!!

Hits total: 2958 | This month: 4