Metal Storm logo
Metal Motivation - What are the songs that motivate you?

23.03.2015 - 20:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Three Days Grace - Heavy?

What?!
23.03.2015 - 22:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Poll suppose to be vote option and this is totally lame
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.03.2015 - 09:31
Ganondox
Masterplan - Spirit Never Die
Nothing like some cheesy power metal.

Also this:
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
25.03.2015 - 06:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Bad English on 23.03.2015 at 22:08

it's not a poll.

it is his list of songs which motivate him, and he is asking us to list ours...

nothing lame in it. his tastes might differ from yours, and both of yours will be different from mine.

personally, i like the thread concept.

i have a "RUN" playlist with something like 120 songs on it. limited by space available on my iPhone. some metal, some punks, some other - including Dean Martin, Sinatra, and Elvis. Focus is on generally short, energetic songs. Figure if I'm sucking wind while jogging, a new song ignites a new burst of energy. Try to keep 'em short and sweet - so they don't grow old and the next fires me up.

From the "Metal" perspective, my playlist includes:

Black Breath - Doomed
Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons
Dio - I Speed At Night
Corrosion Of Conformity - Dance Of The Dead
Dragonforce - Through Fire And Flame (Cheesy guilty pleasure)
Exodus - Toxic Waltz
High On Fire - Rumors Of War
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Kyuss - Green Machine
Mastodon - The Motherload
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hot Rod
Prong - Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck
Slayer - War Ensemble
Suicidal Tendencies - Can't Bring Me Down
Torche - Walk It Off
Triggerman - Rise Of The Woodsmen
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.03.2015 - 08:32
no one
Account deleted
I mostly listen to metal for atmosphere or to relax me. If i want to listen to something to motivate me like before a surf, it would usually be some punk. Sometimes i might listen to something stonery like bongripper or kyuss, but most of the metal i listen to wasn't made to motivate i don't think....uhh i'll make a small list anyway to give an idea, even though there not really metal

Gangreen - alcohol
Kyuss - Hurricane
Adolecents - L.A girl
Circle jerks - wild in the streets
Social Distortion - prison bound
Minor threat - straight edge
Misfits - skulls
7 seconds - we're gonna fight
Germs - Lexicon devil
25.03.2015 - 10:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Great topic. I really do not have issue with topic too.

I agree with Craig and same in my case too. My pad is limited to space and contains Metal + Grunge + British Rock.

I'll be back with my list soon.
26.03.2015 - 02:31
musclassia
Staff
Well I wouldn't say I get pumped to music or call upon specific metal songs for real life situations, although I might put on the song du jour if I need a bit of courage before I head out somewhere. A far bigger problem for me is finding sufficiently powerful music for gyming - weights I'm less picky for, but for cardio exercise, I need something hooky and immediate, yet with sufficient depth and personal attachment to remain emotionally engaging with repeat listens. I used to listen to Killswitch Engage a lot whilst doing runs, but even that's lost some of its power, so as it is I now subsist of a diet of mostly Protest The Hero with the odd Rise Against session for running, with the likes of Blood Meat, Bone Marrow, Palms Read, Wretch, Heretics & Killers and Turn Soonest To The Sea working particularly well as distractions from my gasping-for-air 'healthy' self. Occasionally, Sylosis and even Pendulum (Granite, Crush, Witchcraft) do the job too.
26.03.2015 - 06:13
GANG METALSTORM
Great cool topic. Metal is huge and best music genre for motivation, not only necessary for physical fitness but also for depth of thought and struggle emotion solution. I have an intention to open a thread for metal favorite lyrics songs similar to this topic cuz metal lyrics are huge for aspirations, inspiration and motivation.. Which is why metal is respected..

Some I remember now:
Emperor - With Strength I Burn, excellent lyrics and powerful music
In Flames - Only For The Weak, not bad lyrics and enjoyable music
Windir - Todewalzer, singing about becoming God after death
Windir - Journey To The End, excellent lyrics and music, I love you so I would recommend this song
Amorphis - Tuonela, singing about fight losing all without regrets

.... and thousands more, I'll add more w/a..
30.03.2015 - 07:52
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 30.03.2015 at 07:36

Stuff like Guns N Roses, later Metallica, Skid Row, Motley Crue, White Zombie, Hellyeah, some Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies, Twisted Sister, ealy Iron Maiden, Venom, Faith No More, Megadeth, Anthrax, Soundgarden, motivates me to drink beer and do not much else.

Is that good motivation?

interesting you say that, when i think about it, the songs that motivate me to surf used to be the songs that motivated me to drink heavily too. Probably why i don't listen to that stuff as much anymore... just that laid back easy listening bm.
13.04.2015 - 06:44
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Lately Trials by Wokova gets my blood pumping. Meshuggah's Future Breed Machine, Strengah, and Deimurge (most of Koloss for that matter). Wu Tang - Bring Da Ruckus, Within the Ruins-Gods Anongst Men, SOAD-Soil, Rollins Band-Low Self Opinion, QOTSA-Sick Sick Sick, Protest the Hero-Sex Tapes, Poison the Well-Ghostchant, Pitchshifter-Genius, Pantera-Fucking Hostile, Norma Jean-Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste, NIN-Burn, Lamb of God-11th Hour, Korn-Somebody Someone, Helmet-Unsung, Gravediggaz-Diary of a Madman, Gorgoroth-Wound Upon Wound, Every Time I Die-The New Black, Dimmu Borgir-Progenies..., Dillinger Escape Plan-Farewell Mona Lisa, Devil Driver-Hold Back The Day, Dethklok-Bloodlines, Deftones-Rockt Skates, Danny Brown-Monopoly, Converge-Dark Horse, Bone Thugs-Down '71, Black Dahlia Murder-Funeral Thirst, Bad Religion-Supersonic, Modern Man, As I Lay Dying-Within Destruction, Arch Enemy-Enemy Within, Andrew Wk-Party Hard, After The Burial-Ometh, Absu-Skrying the Spirit Vision, Traitors-Arrogance.

That's the short version. Great thread.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
16.04.2015 - 13:01
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 25.03.2015 at 06:38

i have a "RUN" playlist with something like 120 songs on it. limited by space available on my iPhone. some metal, some punks, some other - including Dean Martin, Sinatra, and Elvis. Focus is on generally short, energetic songs. Figure if I'm sucking wind while jogging, a new song ignites a new burst of energy. Try to keep 'em short and sweet - so they don't grow old and the next fires me up.

I do that too. My playlist changes constantly, but there's these three songs which I never remove because they Forrest Gump the fuck out of me every single time:
Kylesa - Scapegoat
Heaven Shall Burn - Awoken/Endzeit
Strapping Young Lad - Underneath The Waves

I could run for days with these songs on repeat.
16.04.2015 - 15:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 16.04.2015 at 13:01

I do that too. My playlist changes constantly, but there's these three songs which I never remove because they Forrest Gump the fuck out of me every single time:
Kylesa - Scapegoat
Heaven Shall Burn - Awoken/Endzeit
Strapping Young Lad - Underneath The Waves

I could run for days with these songs on repeat.

I just hate running. never had any endurance for it, even when young and in military great shape. could do 1.5 miles in 10 and a half minutes, then collapse. i need a mix of angry and happy energetic tunes - as well as Rollins screaming at me to "Get Some Go Again" to mentally entertain myself and keep me pushing.

need to put a greater effort in on it now... after spending a month in the US (craft beer, food variety!), 5 days in Chile (beef, Malbec), and, after a month and change, another week in Argentina (beef! Malbec!), i need to get in less the shape of a futbol, and more in futbol shape. i do well enough in Paraguay, but when elsewhere, I am a slave to the appetite, particularly with stuff I cannot get here.

besides, our next trip is to Rio. so i gotta be some nice (but inevitably pasty white) arm candy for the mrs.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.04.2015 - 20:50
Ilham
Giant robot
I still haven't found better than Lamb Of God's (only good) albums Ashes of The Wake and As The Palaces Burn for a workout. No matter the intensity, my level of fatigue, or the strength of period cramps. It conquers all. Talking about conquering all, Behemoth's ZKC and Demigod do a fantastic job as well. When I was in high school I swore by Amon Amarth's Versus The World and Soilwork's Figure Number Five but they lost their appeal as I grew. I still have a hard time listening to metal I don't know by heart when it comes to high intensity workouts. I need something predictable and that I know will boost me when I get to x or y song/chorus. But when I turn off the treadmill and do the strength training, any grind album does the trick. It's now almost the only time I listen to new metal, even.

Most of the time I don't listen to metal when I run. I'm not sure if you're interested in non-metal songs/albums though. I'll come up with a list of songs in a few hours, I was using this post as a break between two sessions.
18.04.2015 - 21:09
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by BitterCOld on 25.03.2015 at 06:38

Written by Bad English on 23.03.2015 at 22:08

it's not a poll.

it is his list of songs which motivate him, and he is asking us to list ours...

nothing lame in it. his tastes might differ from yours, and both of yours will be different from mine.

personally, i like the thread concept.

From the "Metal" perspective, my playlist includes:

Black Breath - Doomed
Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons
Dio - I Speed At Night
Corrosion Of Conformity - Dance Of The Dead
Dragonforce - Through Fire And Flame (Cheesy guilty pleasure)
Exodus - Toxic Waltz
High On Fire - Rumors Of War
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Kyuss - Green Machine
Mastodon - The Motherload
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hot Rod
Prong - Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck
Slayer - War Ensemble
Suicidal Tendencies - Can't Bring Me Down
Torche - Walk It Off
Triggerman - Rise Of The Woodsmen
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It

Nice, excellent choices

Especially for Exodus, Prong and Suicidal Awesome.
And my Dio choice would've been ''Stand Up And Shout''.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.04.2015 - 21:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guib on 18.04.2015 at 21:09

Nice, excellent choices

Especially for Exodus, Prong and Suicidal Awesome.
And my Dio choice would've been ''Stand Up And Shout''.

It's on there as well. I didn't list everything, even all the metal. just a sampling.
----

22.04.2015 - 22:45
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Ilham on 18.04.2015 at 20:50

I still haven't found better than Lamb Of God's (only good) albums Ashes of The Wake and As The Palaces Burn for a workout. No matter the intensity, my level of fatigue, or the strength of period cramps. It conquers all.

Yes
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
17.05.2015 - 04:59
Sentinel65
I always listen to Meshuggah when I'm lifting weights.
17.05.2015 - 11:17
Ganondox
Oh, and "All We Are" by Doro, forgot to list that one.