Metal Storm logo
Todtgelichter - Announce New Album Title

German avantgardists Todtgelichter have had a small competition for the fans to figure out the title for the band's upcoming album, which today was revealed to be Rooms. Come June, Todtgelichter will reveal a studio report from the recording of the album, due out later this year.

About the title, Todtgelichter comments: "The fifth album will be called Rooms. It will deal with old memories, ghosts of the past and losses and changes in general. Rooms - once the essence, the soul of a person living in it is gone from it, you cannot go back. The change is permanent, the room changed forever. Thus it stands for a certain nostalgia, for lost loved ones, for moving forward while keeping the past alive in your mind - the only place where you can visit a particular person's room again until it fades away completely."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Todtgelichter
Posted: 20.05.2015 by J. N.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 52 users
21.05.2015 - 03:19
Gothmog_Motsham

I can't wait this band is so awesome!!
21.05.2015 - 07:04
Diverge

I'm very certain this is going to suck.
21.05.2015 - 09:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I seem to be one of the few ones who thought the last album wasn't that bad. So I'm curious about this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.05.2015 - 09:50
Ivor
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.05.2015 at 09:15

I seem to be one of the few ones who thought the last album wasn't that bad. So I'm curious about this.

No, you're not the only one, I really liked the last one, more so than the one before it.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
21.05.2015 - 12:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.05.2015 at 09:15

The last album was better than the stuff they did before but still average at best.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2015 - 12:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ivor on 21.05.2015 at 09:50

...more so than the one before it.

I.

We got to stop agreeing
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2015 - 13:24
Ivor
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2015 at 12:39

Written by Ivor on 21.05.2015 at 09:50

...more so than the one before it.

I.

We got to stop agreeing

Yeah, I gotta get off your lawn, find my own turf where you don't venture.

I.
----
/---/
21.05.2015 - 17:33
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Again, I have to restore some order. Angst is one of the best records I've ever heard...and Apnoe is one of the biggest falls from grace I have ever witnessed. I agree with Diverge...I have no hopes for this band anymore.
----
rekt
21.05.2015 - 18:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by tea[m]ster on 21.05.2015 at 17:33

Again, I have to restore some order. Angst is one of the best records I've ever heard...and Apnoe is one of the biggest falls from grace I have ever witnessed.

*WARNING, lame 'joke' coming up* SoO, you only heard about 2 or 3 albums in your entire life?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2015 - 05:56
Diverge

Did any of you aside from tea[m]ster read how lame this concept is? Read what the band wrote. It's gonna suck.
22.05.2015 - 10:26
Ivor
Staff
Written by Diverge on 22.05.2015 at 05:56

Did any of you aside from tea[m]ster read how lame this concept is? Read what the band wrote. It's gonna suck.

I listen to prog on a daily basis with concepts ranging from good to bad, from lame to cool. Can't be worse than majority of stuff out there. It all depends on the execution.

I.
----
/---/
22.05.2015 - 10:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Better than at least half the concepts albums found in metal. This is an average concept... Which is a statement of how much metal tends to suck at stories most of the time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.05.2015 - 13:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

He didn't mention that the concepts sucks he said he had no hopes for this album (probably due to how he regards the previous album)

And like Ivor and Rodrigo already mentioned it is about the music and not the concept, most metal bands can't write a good concept to save their lives just as they can't write good lyrics to save their lives.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2015 - 19:35
Diverge

I take your point. There are even worse concepts out there (I especially hate the Dante's Divine Comedy concept myself), so I guess I shouldn't judge the band too hard on that note. I do listen to prog on a daily basis as well. The nature of my argument was emotionally-based, so I'll retract what I said.

But I will keep this (more conservative) opinion: this record is going to suck for me, a member of the camp that thinks Angst is a really good album. Apnoe was, at best, "withdrawn" and "unremarkable" (in the words of R'Vannith, who for full disclosure didn't rate it on MS if I remember correctly). While it's in the nature of avant-garde to change radically and alienate parts of the fanbase, it seems to me that a larger number of MS members here were disappointed with the new approach. The vocals have deteriorated significantly (and because it's so vocal-oriented this time around, that is seriously alienating if you liked the earlier approaches of the band), the music is no longer quite as dynamic and versatile as before, and the band's arrangement is no longer as technical as their earlier endeavours (in fact, much of Apnoe is unengaging background music). Additionally, some repeated lyric points are almost as embarrassing as anything on Lulu. I mean, even the band thinks the approach of Apnoe was a bit of a mistake (Check their Facebook page)! For members of my camp, they've switched too many dials at once to really be entrusted to produce anything of Angst-related quality again.

Hits total: 2238 | This month: 4