Metal Storm logo
Gaahl - Announces New Band

Legendary Norwegian black metal frontman Gaahl (ex- Gorgoroth, God Seed) is embarking on a new project. Today he has revealed his new band: Gaahls Wyrd. The band's debut show will be at Blekkmetal festival that takes place at the USF Verftet venue in Bergen, Norway on November 13-15. This band fronted by Gaahl will perform songs from his long career, including several Trelldom songs never performed live before! With him are some members from Trelldom and God Seed and this will to be their debut concert and a night to remember.

Although the band's lineup is being kept under wraps for now, Gaahls Wyrd joins a bill that already includes Enslaved, Taake, Aeternus, Helheim, Kampfar, Hades Almighty and Gehenna. Although the band is working on new tracks, their debut show will be in keeping with the theme of the festival.

"This festival is a tribute to the old days," says Gaahl, "so therefore the focus will be on tracks that are from the past. I will bring along some Trelldom songs that have never been played before in a live setting, and I will bring in some Gorgoroth elements, but most likely I don't think the setting for new songs is the correct one."

Gaahl says of God Seed: "I'm very pleased with what me and Tom have done together, we've created a lot of good songs, but I think the difference between us is probably the reason why I've started this new band. I've made a lot of my favourite songs that I've created in God Seed and I've brought with me one of these characters from that band."

Source: metalhammer.teamrock.com
Band profile: God Seed
Posted: 29.09.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 151 users
29.09.2015 - 22:39
Gothmog_Motsham

I don't know why I think this project will sound somewhere between Gorgoroth and Wardruna (probably the image and the runes) which is something I'd support 100%. Looking forward to this for sure.
30.09.2015 - 01:23
cossaisVendeurs

Gaahl's Weird
30.09.2015 - 04:51
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
It's not just called Satan?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
30.09.2015 - 11:03
Necrotion7

....satan...
30.09.2015 - 12:53
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
That's probably the album title.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.10.2015 - 02:09
Timelord

Get the new album by:
Gaahls Wyrd: 'Totems and Scrotums"
Featuring the Songs

"Carving a Giant (Dildo)"
"Destroyur Butt"
"Of Ice and Bowel Movement"
"Exit Only....No Hard Bones"
and the classic
'Prolapsing Satan"

OUT OCT. 9th on some weird Norwegian named record company like Asthulin La Daffen Satanishet

Hits total: 3990 | This month: 7